U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 12:35 AM

325 posts, read 990,404 times

Advertisements

I can not believe that Michael Vick got busted on a marijuana charge. He has to be the biggest idiot on Earth. With everything else going on in his life he had to a a drug issue. This dude is just stupid. I tried to defend this clown, but I just cant do it anymore. Hate to say I am turning my back on him, but I just cant support him anymore. He is not bright to say the least. Why would you add any xtra BS to your situatuion. You know you are under so much scruitiny from not only the world, but more importantly the NFL. This saddens me. Huge amount of potential and talent flushed down the toilet. A darn shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 01:07 AM

468 posts, read 1,515,979 times
He probably just wanted to smoke a bowl (for the last time in a year) and listen to bob marley before his incarceration...

Old 09-27-2007, 04:41 AM

23,630 posts, read 33,419,067 times
he's from my home area of Hampton/Newport News, VA. i hope he gets a fair judgement from the courts. i've tried to support him, but i say he deserves anything he gets.

i watched that espn town hall meeting and terrance mathis said something i do agree with. "i'm not here to defend dogfighting or say vick is inncoent or guility, i'm here to because i believe vick deserves another chance"

i was also disappointed in all the pro-vick black folks who booed every time someone said something bad bout vick. we can get really fired up about vick and the jena 6 but we cant get a little fired up about stopping our AA males from getting murdered in the streets or that FEMA and our messed-up government wont give folks in LA a dime to rebuild their homes and schools?

Old 09-27-2007, 06:07 AM

3,336 posts, read 12,642,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspolamalu View Post
I can not believe that Michael Vick got busted on a marijuana charge. He has to be the biggest idiot on Earth. With everything else going on in his life he had to a a drug issue. This dude is just stupid. I tried to defend this clown, but I just cant do it anymore. Hate to say I am turning my back on him, but I just cant support him anymore. He is not bright to say the least. Why would you add any xtra BS to your situatuion. You know you are under so much scruitiny from not only the world, but more importantly the NFL. This saddens me. Huge amount of potential and talent flushed down the toilet. A darn shame.
Let's see what Judge Henry Hudson has to say about this recent episode. Hudson said he wouldn't be "amused by any more trouble by Vick" when he set the conditions of release. Vick obviously violated the conditions set by the judge now let's see if he throws his can in jail. Maybe when it's all said and done Vick and "Doobie" Williams can be teammates up in the C.F.L.

Last edited by exhdo1; 09-27-2007 at 06:30 AM..

Old 09-27-2007, 08:56 AM

20,005 posts, read 69,394,911 times
Let him rot in jail. He's just another stupid celebrity/sports figure who's gonna get what he deserves. I hated him from the moment he stepped into the limelight and obviously for good reason! What an idiot.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:13 PM

2,639 posts, read 6,031,223 times
If there was even the remotest chance of Vick ever playing again (which I didn't think there was) then it's just evaporated. What an idiot.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:03 PM

673 posts, read 2,918,158 times
I just wish he would be sent to jail and that every thought of him would be thrown out the window and forgotten. I cant stand the guy, he sure does think he is something. But he's just proven to the world that he is in fact the biggest idiot on the planet. Good post!

Old 09-27-2007, 06:43 PM

262 posts, read 225,216 times
Quote:
Let him rot in jail. He's just another stupid celebrity/sports figure who's gonna get what he deserves. I hated him from the moment he stepped into the limelight and obviously for good reason! What an idiot.
Thats a stupid thing to say if this was a normal person you wouldent say this he deserves what ever jail time he gets probaly about a year get his suspension for the dog fighting then for the failed drug test which im pretty positive is four games and i wouldent be suprised if some team picks him up in 2010

Old 09-27-2007, 10:36 PM

384 posts, read 866,937 times
I don't think he is necessarily an idiot. I think that from an early age, he along with many other athletes, both black and white, adopt an attitude and arrogance of being "above everyone else". This attitude is fostered and embraced by the coaches, parents, schools, fans, etc. from little league to the pros. They are elevated to pedestal status by all around them. In my view O.J. Simpson exhibits the same attitudes and reacts similiarly. I am not making an excuse and I don't support or condone the actions by Vick, Simpson or any other athlete that breaks the law. I do believe they think they are untouchable.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:07 AM

14,874 posts, read 37,249,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expgc View Post
I don't think he is necessarily an idiot. I think that from an early age, he along with many other athletes, both black and white, adopt an attitude and arrogance of being "above everyone else". This attitude is fostered and embraced by the coaches, parents, schools, fans, etc. from little league to the pros. They are elevated to pedestal status by all around them. In my view O.J. Simpson exhibits the same attitudes and reacts similiarly. I am not making an excuse and I don't support or condone the actions by Vick, Simpson or any other athlete that breaks the law. I do believe they think they are untouchable.
My sentiments exactly. Being that your from the same area as me you are probably familiar w/ a couple of Dallas area high school super stars in the last few years that received some GREAT scholarships to some very good schools. Right now UT has 6 on suspension. Sergio got busted for DUI. Another got kicked off of the team at another school here in the area and lost his scholarship. Basically these kids only chances of getting an education are the scholarships they lost. The colleges are getting to the point they won't put up w/ the crap but because these kids have been lead to believe they can do no wrong for so long they don't know how to act. The schools will drop them in a heartbeat because they have many more kids lined up behind them that will take the chance and not blow it. My husband even said these kids get to the university level (and some all the way to the pros before they try to do the stupid) and think to act macho and be accepted as some tough guy they have to do something stupid like hold up a convience store or such. They don't need the money but they believe it puts them in with their "gang".

Sad, very sad indeed. The whole thing stinks and is only showing how pathetic our society can become when it comes to these people. If this person was a nobody and not some sports superstar and got busted for dog fighting then while out on bond smoking dope most would say to throw away the key.

Speaking of "Doobie" Williams did you hear he wants to come back? LOL!!! Just tell me that JJ will NOT pick him up for the Boys. Geez. He signed some other guy this week that has been all trouble everywhere he has been, "Tank" something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football