U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 03:43 PM

28,442 posts, read 15,421,970 times

Advertisements

Vick's 'sad' admission about dogfighting past

Exerpt:

On dogfighting: "Back when I was involved in those activities, I may have become more dedicated to the deep study of dogs than I was to my Falcons playbook (Vick played in Atlanta from 2001-06). I became better at reading dogs than reading defenses. That's just so sad to say right now, because I put more time and effort into trying to master that pursuit than my own profession ... which was my livelihood ... which put food on the table for my family."

On turning himself into federal custody: "We were 45 miles away, so we had just under an hour to get composed and enjoy what little time we had left. Then we were 30 miles ... 20 miles away ... 10 miles away."

"Babe, let's go back," Kijafa Frink (Vick's then-fiancee, now his wife) would say over and over. "Let's run away."

"When we pulled up to the courthouse, Kijafa looked me dead in the eyes. 'Don't go,' she said. 'Don't leave.' Then she started crying. ... Then I started crying. The pain they felt -- it was all my fault."

More exerpts at the link.

We are from the same hometown in Newport News. Should be an interesting read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 05:17 PM

83 posts, read 90,339 times
I wouldn't spend one dime on that bastards book....

Old 07-18-2012, 08:03 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,412,190 times
^^^ And he doesn't need you too... it's not like Vick is Paterno and let a man rape kids for years!

It's clearly time people get over it and put things in perspective when it comes to Vick.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:05 PM

17,579 posts, read 39,742,240 times
No chance I would support him by buying his book.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:41 AM

1,195 posts, read 2,521,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
^^^ And he doesn't need you too... it's not like Vick is Paterno and let a man rape kids for years!

It's clearly time people get over it and put things in perspective when it comes to Vick.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:50 AM

8,341 posts, read 14,093,273 times
I'll probably buy the book. I am not worried about whether that supports him or not, it would probably be a good read like GW Bush's book or Bill Clinton's book.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:02 AM

8,163 posts, read 13,179,597 times
I won't be buying either. The guy is a piece of trash who knowingly had dogs fighting and dying on his property. Torturing an animal is disgusting. Why would I want to buy an item that would line his pockets with more cash? They never should have let this piece of sh-- back in the league after this.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:26 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,361,271 times
Most of you probably remember the million threads we have had on Vick before when he signed with the Eagles after his prison sentence. We constantly had to shut them down because people were using personal attacks. Rules are simple, state your opinion, feel free to counter others, but do NOT use personal attacks. Please review the TOS of the website if you are unsure of what constitutes a personal attack.

My own feelings are...I will not be buying this book. There are many other interesting books I have on my list to read before I'd take the time to read something like this.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:50 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,541,988 times
Great points, Orange!

Old 07-19-2012, 05:12 PM

23,628 posts, read 33,413,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Vick's 'sad' admission about dogfighting past

Exerpt:

On dogfighting: "Back when I was involved in those activities, I may have become more dedicated to the deep study of dogs than I was to my Falcons playbook (Vick played in Atlanta from 2001-06). I became better at reading dogs than reading defenses. That's just so sad to say right now, because I put more time and effort into trying to master that pursuit than my own profession ... which was my livelihood ... which put food on the table for my family."

On turning himself into federal custody: "We were 45 miles away, so we had just under an hour to get composed and enjoy what little time we had left. Then we were 30 miles ... 20 miles away ... 10 miles away."

"Babe, let's go back," Kijafa Frink (Vick's then-fiancee, now his wife) would say over and over. "Let's run away."

"When we pulled up to the courthouse, Kijafa looked me dead in the eyes. 'Don't go,' she said. 'Don't leave.' Then she started crying. ... Then I started crying. The pain they felt -- it was all my fault."

More exerpts at the link.

We are from the same hometown in Newport News. Should be an interesting read.
I grew up right next door in Hampton, VA. I will probably be buying his book because I'm curious how he slipped into dogfighting while having everything a man could want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football