U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 04:03 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,564,526 times

Advertisements

Chad Johnson is a tragedy of life. He was a gifted athlete. Had he kept his mouth shut, stayed humble, trained hard and played harder, he could've had a long prosperous career. He had this beautiful woman as his wife.

Instead, he chose the path of the bald-headed, loud-mouth ignoramus. Somehow, he got the bright idea that he had to be entertaining and embarrassed himself. He looked like a buffoon out there, show-boating and prancing around in a modern day tap dancing routine. Dignified black athletes like Jim Brown were embarrassed by his ignorant celebrations on the field and his flashy tackiness off of it. I was never a fan.

Today I watched a video of him getting cut by the Dolphin's owner. It was a shameful moment for the man and he looked like a fool. On top of it he head butts that beautiful wife of his and they haven't even been married two months. He's got major problems and issues as his skills have diminished. The man is a trainwreck now. I hope he doesn't self-destruct and commit suicide. At the very least, I'd like to see him get out of football and the limelight and regain a sense of dignity in some other manner outside of the public eye.

I'm sick of seeing him and his act is tired. He had his chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 07:05 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,417,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Chad Johnson is a tragedy of life.
I don't think his accomlishments nor his mishaps warrant the "tragedy" label...

That's giving him too much praise for being a pro athlete and popular. And its giving too much emphasis on him being a "clown". He was not a great man and did not accomplish anything great. Nor did he really do anything I would consider a calamity.

He's just not that important in the grand scheme of things.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:57 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,095,471 times
I can't stand narcisstic idiots like Ocho, and T.O. They have been nothing but cancers everywhere they've gone! All that money is going to their heads.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:49 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,906,373 times
Admit it. We love watching rich arrogant athletes get their comeuppance. Its only better when they declare bankruptcy 3 years after the playing ends.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:19 PM

23,655 posts, read 33,488,749 times
Here is the video of Chad getting the ax.

cut - YouTube!

Old 08-15-2012, 06:29 PM

21,624 posts, read 14,401,648 times
Why on earth did Miami sign him? Philbin is not Pete Carroll, who can probably handle T.O. in Seattle (probably), Philbin is total old school and not the jokester and cheerleader like Carroll.

Absolutely horrible decision to sign him.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:35 PM

23,655 posts, read 33,488,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Why on earth did Miami sign him? Philbin is not Pete Carroll, who can probably handle T.O. in Seattle (probably), Philbin is total old school and not the jokester and cheerleader like Carroll.

Look at Miami's crop of WRs. There is your answer, desperation.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:58 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,417,216 times
Quote:

Did you see how nervous Philbin was in that clip? He was fidgeting like crazy and wasn't even looking Chad in the eye.

My guess is it was not Philbin's decision to sign him... Hence why he axed him the first chance he got. I don't think a veteran coach who wanted him would have axed him. Remember when Vick was at a party that one of his co-conspirators was shot at... Reid could have axed Vick because the media made a big deal out of it but he stood by him instead. And the same for Dez Bryant just before training camp.

Last edited by Mr. GE; 08-15-2012 at 08:10 PM..

Old 08-15-2012, 08:08 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,132,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Chad Johnson is a tragedy of life. He was a gifted athlete. Had he kept his mouth shut, stayed humble, trained hard and played harder, he could've had a long prosperous career. He had this beautiful woman as his wife.

Instead, he chose the path of the bald-headed, loud-mouth ignoramus. Somehow, he got the bright idea that he had to be entertaining and embarrassed himself. He looked like a buffoon out there, show-boating and prancing around in a modern day tap dancing routine. Dignified black athletes like Jim Brown were embarrassed by his ignorant celebrations on the field and his flashy tackiness off of it. I was never a fan.

Today I watched a video of him getting cut by the Dolphin's owner. It was a shameful moment for the man and he looked like a fool. On top of it he head butts that beautiful wife of his and they haven't even been married two months. He's got major problems and issues as his skills have diminished. The man is a trainwreck now. I hope he doesn't self-destruct and commit suicide. At the very least, I'd like to see him get out of football and the limelight and regain a sense of dignity in some other manner outside of the public eye.

I'm sick of seeing him and his act is tired. He had his chance.
His wife is no different than Chad Johnson. They both act like fools.

Quote:

Miami had no intentions of keeping Johnson long term. They were basically giving him an opportunity. The head coach even gave him a warning and he blew it.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:13 PM

8,287 posts, read 11,848,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Did you see how nervous Philbin was in that clip? He was fidgeting like crazy and wasn't even looking Chad in the eye.

My guess is it was not Philbin's decision to sign him... Hence why he axed him the first chance he got. I don't think a veteran coach who wanted him would have axed him. Remember when Vick was at a party that one of his co-conspirators was shot at... Reid could have axed Vick because the media made a big deal out of it but he stood by him instead. And the same for Dez Bryant just before training camp.

If you beat up your wife like Chad did would you be looking him in the "eye"? OJ? OJ? where is Nicole?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football