U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: WHAT DATE DO YOU WANT TO DO THE FANTASY DRAFT
SUNDAY AUGUST 26 2 25.00%
MONDAY EVENING AUGUST 27 2 25.00%
SATURDAY SEPT 1 0 0%
SUNDAY SEPT 2 2 25.00%
MONDAY SEPT 3 3 37.50%
TUESDAY AUGUST 28 4 50.00%
THURSDAY AUGUST 30 6 75.00%
FRIDAY AUGUST 31 3 37.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-31-2012, 07:02 AM
 
Location: 3219'03.7"N 10643'55.9"W
8,124 posts, read 17,431,274 times
Reputation: 7314

Advertisements

I don't have Yahoo fantasy sports at work, but if I can recollect from last evening's draft, this is our team:

QB Eli Manning
QB Luck (good luck, hopefully won't need him)
RB A. Foster
RB D. Martin (shakiest pick, 4th round)
RB Ridley
RB M. Bush
WR Roddy White
WR Cruz
WR Garcon (we went offline briefly was not our choice
4th WR name eludes me

TE Vernon Davis
K Bironas
Defense Ravens

Updated: I remember the 4th WR!! There is no 4th WR, the pick was spent on Ben Tate, to back up Foster.

3 WRs? Oh crap!!!

Last edited by mike0421; 08-31-2012 at 07:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-31-2012, 08:23 AM
 
Location: Clayton, MO
1,159 posts, read 1,565,526 times
Reputation: 1547
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I don't have Yahoo fantasy sports at work, but if I can recollect from last evening's draft, this is our team:

QB Eli Manning
QB Luck (good luck, hopefully won't need him)
RB A. Foster
RB D. Martin (shakiest pick, 4th round)
RB Ridley
RB M. Bush
WR Roddy White
WR Cruz
WR Garcon (we went offline briefly was not our choice
4th WR name eludes me

TE Vernon Davis
K Bironas
Defense Ravens

Updated: I remember the 4th WR!! There is no 4th WR, the pick was spent on Ben Tate, to back up Foster.

3 WRs? Oh crap!!!

Yep, that's our team! As I recall, we went offline for a few minutes just before the draft too....but still managed a pretty solid team
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2012, 09:34 AM
 
Location: NJ
17,579 posts, read 40,069,062 times
Reputation: 16150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
Yep, that's our team! As I recall, we went offline for a few minutes just before the draft too....but still managed a pretty solid team
And what were you two doing offline?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2012, 10:21 AM
 
Location: Clayton, MO
1,159 posts, read 1,565,526 times
Reputation: 1547
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
And what were you two doing offline?

Researching stats?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2012, 01:00 PM
 
Location: Upland, CA
3,704 posts, read 6,545,463 times
Reputation: 4234
I feel that I ended up with a very solid team. A little shaky on RB's, but I believe I will end up ok.


QB- Brady
WR- Fitzgerald
WR- Welker
RB- Peterson
RB- Green-Ellis
TE- Pettigrew
Flex- B. Lloyd
Def- Seattle
K- Crosby

BN- Maclin
BN- D. Thomas
BN- Benson
BN- D. Williams
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2012, 01:28 PM
 
Location: NJ
17,579 posts, read 40,069,062 times
Reputation: 16150
I'm pretty happy with my team

QB - Romo
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Steve Smith
RB - Rice
RB - Charles
TE - Gresham
Flex - Sproles
Def - Giants
K - Prater

BN - Bowe
BN - D Jackson
BN - Stewart
BN - Titus Young
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2012, 01:58 PM
 
Location: On the Edge of the Fringe
4,976 posts, read 4,028,731 times
Reputation: 4218
Well, What can I say ? I drafted my team

QB Aaron Rogers
WR ANDRE JOHNSON
WR MIKE WALLACE
RB REGGIE BUSH
RB MAurice Jones-Drew
TE Fred Davis
W/r Frank Gore
K Gostkowski
Def Steelers

Backups
Flacco
'Wells
Crabtree
Gonzales
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2012, 03:05 PM
 
Location: not Chicagoland
1,202 posts, read 1,037,616 times
Reputation: 424
There are a few places in my roster that I wish were better but I think that mine is fairly solid.

QB Drew Brees
WR Jordy Nelson
WR Darrius Heyward-Bey
RB Chris Johnson
RB Trent Richardson
TE Aaron Hernandez
W/R Peyton Hillis
K Robbie Gould
D Green Bay

BN Peyton Manning
BN Robert Griffin III
BN Jason Witten
BN Santonio Holmes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2012, 03:26 PM
 
Location: 3219'03.7"N 10643'55.9"W
8,124 posts, read 17,431,274 times
Reputation: 7314
It's looking like a tough first round this week with the Manderly Steelers. That's a damn fine team.

Also IonRedline is being too tough on his RBs. I think they will pan out for him/her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2012, 04:10 PM
 
Location: NJ
17,579 posts, read 40,069,062 times
Reputation: 16150
Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
There are a few places in my roster that I wish were better but I think that mine is fairly solid.

QB Drew Brees
WR Jordy Nelson
WR Darrius Heyward-Bey
RB Chris Johnson
RB Trent Richardson
TE Aaron Hernandez
W/R Peyton Hillis
K Robbie Gould
D Green Bay

BN Peyton Manning
BN Robert Griffin III
BN Jason Witten
BN Santonio Holmes
I think you will be dumping QBs sooner than later. With such a small bench it is going to be hard for you to carry 3.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top