U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2012, 09:16 AM

17,579 posts, read 39,776,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Ha, I don't see why it matters! BUT he is on the giving of MJD side. Again, he has Forte and Sproles, I think Doug Martin could have some weeks where he outscores MJD and with the bonus of being able to spot start Desean Jackson makes it worth considering.
Just trying to put the pieces together. I can see this working depending on the rosters involved. If someone was really hurting at WR I could see them taking a shot that Martin will perform well enough that getting Jackson put the trade over the top for them.

I would not do this trade if I had decent WRs. I definitely wouldn't do it for a "spot start" player to make up the shortfall from MJD to Martin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 09:27 AM

23,644 posts, read 33,439,851 times
I need to start three receivers in my money league. I have Victor Cruz, Eric Decker, Andre Roberts, Reggie Wayne, and Antonio Brown. Cruz would be the only lock. Who should get the other two spots?

Old 10-03-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I need to start three receivers in my money league. I have Victor Cruz, Eric Decker, Andre Roberts, Reggie Wayne, and Antonio Brown. Cruz would be the only lock. Who should get the other two spots?
I would think at this point Wayne would also be a lock on a weekly basis. I would go Decker as my third. That game may be a shootout and Decker seems like the main target for Manning.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:53 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,567,933 times
Who do I start?? Fred Davis (Redskins) vs Atlanta? or Martellus Bennet (Giants) vs the Cleveland?

Davis started out slow, but continues to build a rapport with RG3, and he's been catching more passes every game.

Martellus Bennet started off the first 2 games hot, but has been quiet the last two weeks.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:24 AM

23,644 posts, read 33,439,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Who do I start?? Fred Davis (Redskins) vs Atlanta? or Martellus Bennet (Giants) vs the Cleveland?

Davis started out slow, but continues to build a rapport with RG3, and he's been catching more passes every game.

Martellus Bennet started off the first 2 games hot, but has been quiet the last two weeks.
I'd go with the hot hand in Davis. Also, Atlanta's D gave up some good numbers to Greg Olsen TE for the Panthers last week.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:59 PM

Brandon Llyod or Amendola? .5 PPR.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I'd go with the hot hand in Davis. Also, Atlanta's D gave up some good numbers to Greg Olsen TE for the Panthers last week.
Thanks, Bud!

Old 10-04-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Brandon Llyod or Amendola? .5 PPR.
I'd go Amendola. He's 2nd in the NFL in receptions. I have Amendola on my team, and he's been tearing it up for me.

Old 10-04-2012, 03:27 PM

21 posts, read 81,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

As I Giants fan and a Bennett owner I can say that he stayed into block quite a bit in the second half against the Eagles last week. The Browns don't have nearly the D or pass rush that the Eagles had so it's possible they won't use him to block as much and let Bennett get downfield. G-men also have Barden and Nicks out at WR, so potentially that could lead to more targets for Bennett. Don't know too much on Davis.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:04 AM

Amendola broke his collarbone. I wonder how many player's season I have ruined by drafting them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or