U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2012, 10:16 AM

24,413 posts, read 34,467,118 times

Advertisements

Money league dilemma:

Joe Flacco or Cam Newton?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 10:17 AM

13,343 posts, read 17,960,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Money league dilemma:

Newton's got the much tougher matchup and BAL is slinging it this season. Flacco for me.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:42 AM

9,348 posts, read 5,801,519 times
Marqus Colston @ SD? or Dwayne Bowe @ BAL?

I have Brees as my QB, so when he hooks up with Colston it will double my money. But Colston has been hot and cold this season. He had a HUGE game last week, but hasn't done anything weeks 1 through 3.

Dwayne Bowe has 3 TDs this season, but is facing a tough Ravens D. However, The Chiefs might get behind early, and have to throw the ball a lot which is good for Bowe. I'm really torn with this decision.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Marqus Colston @ SD? or Dwayne Bowe @ BAL?

I have Brees as my QB, so when he hooks up with Colston it will double my money. But Colston has been hot and cold this season. He had a HUGE game last week, but hasn't done anything weeks 1 through 3.

Dwayne Bowe has 3 TDs this season, but is facing a tough Ravens D. However, The Chiefs might get behind early, and have to throw the ball a lot which is good for Bowe. I'm really torn with this decision.
I don't get the "double my money" thought process unless your scoring rules says you -do- get double points for that situation. That's pretty non-standard, though. Brees still get his TD points and either Colston or Bowe will get their TD points ... where's the double?

IMO, Bowe has the better odds of scoring a TD since he has been a more consistent WR than Colston and is the go-to receiver for his team. Colston may not even be the #3 option on his team (Graham, Sproles/Moore).

In addition, when all things are equal, I like to spread my risks so as to not depend on any single game. What if NO has an off day offensively?

Old 10-06-2012, 11:31 AM

Sorry I wasn't more clear, Jay. QBs get 1 point for every 15 yards of passing, and receivers get 1 point for a reception and 1 point for every 15 yards receiving. Plus they'd both get 6 points is Brees throws a TD to COlston. So when those two hook up, both Brees and Colston will earn points.

I do agree though that Bowe has been more consistent, and I'd hate to put all my eggs in one basket. Bowe it is. Thanks.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Sorry I wasn't more clear, Jay. QBs get 1 point for every 15 yards of passing, and receivers get 1 point for a reception and 1 point for every 15 yards receiving. Plus they'd both get 6 points is Brees throws a TD to COlston. So when those two hook up, both Brees and Colston will earn points.

I do agree though that Bowe has been more consistent, and I'd hate to put all my eggs in one basket. Bowe it is. Thanks.

No, I got it. My point is that Brees, Colston, and Bowe will earn points for their individual performances. To say that a Brees-to-Colston TD will yield "double points" is odd. If you think Colston will outscore Bowe, you'd start Colston regardless of who you are starting at QB.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:34 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,985,350 times
Man... You guys were right on the money about Charles and Forte... Thank you very much!

If only I had expected the good Jay Cutler instead of starting Flacco... The difference is 31 points vs. 9.5 points! OH well.. I still won.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:07 PM

The guy I'm playing against in Fantasy has Colston on his bench today...and I've got Brees.

I was trailing by 20 points before kickoff, and now i'm up 26. And people said I made a mistake with the first pick in my draft by taking Brees over Rodgers.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:17 AM

Charles is a stud. You never want to bench your stud regardless of the opponent.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:20 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,006,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Money league dilemma:

Neither. Newton looks flat out awful this season. Once defenses built a solid game plan, his numbers began to taper off towards the end of last season. And this season he looks even worse. Flacco is not going to be a top 6 or 7 fantasy QB. He makes too many stupid throws and is not going to put up consistent numbers week to week the way Brees or Ryan have thus far.

Who is available on the waiver? I would rather have a guy like Andy Dalton than Flacco or Newton.

Quote:
The guy I'm playing against in Fantasy has Colston on his bench today...and I've got Brees.

I was trailing by 20 points before kickoff, and now i'm up 26. And people said I made a mistake with the first pick in my draft by taking Brees over Rodgers.
Wow, talk about remorse. Colston saved me in my main league with that HUGE performance last night. Considering he dropped 4 or 5 passes as well, he could have had an even bigger night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or