U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 01:02 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,566,706 times

Advertisements

Boy, i sure hoped you played Moreno!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 08:26 AM

8,114 posts, read 17,327,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Boy, i sure hoped you played Moreno!
Affirmative! In our league scoring system, he amassed 8 points, which doesn't seem like a lot, given his yardage total, but we are primarily a TD-based league. Still, if Golden Tate does not exceed 8, it's the right move. Might be forced to start him anyways if Hakeem Nicks cannot go in practice today, I don't think he plays this week against the Saints. That's bad not only for fantasy, but for my real life Giants. I am more of a fatalist, I suppose, and consider this game a must-win for the Giants to have a shot at the post-season, as I think your Redskins are winning 3 out their last 4, including this Sunday.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:31 AM

3,675 posts, read 7,843,264 times
Fellas,

Would you start Flacco @ the Redskins or Kaepernick at home against the Dolphins?

Also, would you start Indianapolis defense at home against the Titans or the Texans defense @ the Patriots?

Old 12-09-2012, 09:45 AM

I'd say Flacco @ Redskins, hands down. Redskins have the 31st ranked pass defense in the NFL, and are on pace to break the NFL record for most passing yards given up by a defense EVER. However, its supposed to be raining really hard in DC today, so the Ravens might give it to Ray Rice a bunch.

Dolphins have a horrible pass defense too, but they're a bad team overall. If the 49ers get a comfortable early lead over Miami, which is definitely possible, they'll just hand it off to Gore for the rest of the game.

tough decision, but I'd probably go Flaccco. Don't get mad at me though if I get it completely wrong

Old 12-12-2012, 02:08 PM

7,376 posts, read 12,885,810 times
Flacco and id pick up another defense

Old 12-13-2012, 09:24 AM

I am in the final 4 in my league. Every decision here is a magnified one. With that said:

League is 'flex' so we must start 2 RB and 2 WRs, with a 5th player. The 2 RBs are rock-solid, Foster and Lynch. For a matchup play this week, I picked up Heyward-Bey. The remaining candidates:

RB: Moreno-on road against Baltimore, and Broncos have always played horribly here. Feel iffy about it at best, even though conventional logic dictates this as a start.
WR: Nicks-this is not a slam dunk, because of injury concerns.
WR: Wayne-I almost certainly have to start him.
WR: Tate, Seahawks-Until last week was scoring reliably.
WR: Heyward-Bey-picked him up for a matchup play, and am leaning heavily towards starting him.

So, I am asking advice on how to fill the 2 WRs (1 of almost is certainly Wayne) as well as the flex. One other point: ours is a 'distance' scoring league. A short TD is only 4 points, but a long one (over 30 yards) is 8, and over 50 is 10. That means Moreno does not auger as favorably in this format.

If you've read this far, I salute you! Rep points for all those who even bother to answer!

Old 12-13-2012, 09:39 AM

probably the toughest decision I've had to make all year @ running back, and i'm in the playoffs with a good chance to win some big money:

Alfred Morris @ Browns (RG3 might not play, so the Redskins might just hand it off to the rookie stud all day)
Marshawn Lynch @ Bills (Buffalo sucks, and Marshawn is the #2 running back in the NFL)
Arian Foster @ Colts (Foster is gonna be pissed after getting destroyed on Monday night)

and the way it's worked all season, i usually end up benching the 1 guy who has a big day.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
probably the toughest decision I've had to make all year @ running back, and i'm in the playoffs with a good chance to win some big money:

Alfred Morris @ Browns (RG3 might not play, so the Redskins might just hand it off to the rookie stud all day)
Marshawn Lynch @ Bills (Buffalo sucks, and Marshawn is the #2 running back in the NFL)
Arian Foster @ Colts (Foster is gonna be pissed after getting destroyed on Monday night)

and the way it's worked all season, i usually end up benching the 1 guy who has a big day.
Foster and Lynch, because if RGIII does not play, there's going to be 8 players in the box to defense him. Even if RGIII does play, I think you have to go with your two studs.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:03 AM

Thanks Mike...that's the way I was leaning too.

I Benched Morris last week, and he proceeded to run for 128 yards and a TD. But you're right, no RG3, they'll stuff the line.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Thanks Mike...that's the way I was leaning too.

I Benched Morris last week, and he proceeded to run for 128 yards and a TD. But you're right, no RG3, they'll stuff the line.
I don't know why, but I feel instinctually that the Texans are going to rebound in a big way this week. I don't like a rookie QB playing on the road this late in the season, the entire Texans team will be pissed, and they are going to look to take care of business early in this game. That means establishing the run with attitude early in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if Foster amasses over 150 total yards from scrimmage with a pair of TDs.

Lynch, on the other hand, and the Seahawks, generally, I am not nearly as positive about, although weather will not be a factor since this game is in the Rogers Centre, which is a retractable roof. Last week, the Bills defense managed to keep the Rams in check for almost the entire game. Granted, the Rams are not as prolific, but the Bills have the ability to defense the Seahawks well. That said, how do you make a case for sitting Marshawn Lynch?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or