U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 07:11 AM

8,117 posts, read 17,342,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kong bundy View Post
I have 1st overall pick in a 14 team ppr league. Scoring as follows:

1 point per reception
6 pt TD's all around
2 pt yardage bonuses for QB/RB/WR
Pretty standard everything else

At first overall pick I have it narrowed down to Rice or Rodgers.

Rodgers simply because he's Rodgers. Most dominant QB in the league right now with the opportunity to repeat or come close to repeating his performance last year. Potential for over 400 pts for the season.

I like Rice because it's a 1PPR league. With 67 receptions and over 700 yards receiving last year its clear he's a fantastic receiving back. I may miss out on Rodgers but I can draft Matt Ryan in a later round. I think he's poised to have a huge season. Also, after my first pick I don't get another until 28 and 29. By that time I'll be scraping the bottom for maybe a tier 3 RB.

What do you guys think? Rice or Rodgers....maybe give Foster a second look?
I would take Rice, only if you think that at pick 28 one of the top 10 QBs is remaining. I would be VERY happy with a combo of Rice and Tony Romo coming back off the end of the second round, for instance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 12:54 PM

112 posts, read 229,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I would take Rice, only if you think that at pick 28 one of the top 10 QBs is remaining. I would be VERY happy with a combo of Rice and Tony Romo coming back off the end of the second round, for instance.
I'm definitely leaning toward Rice. I'm not sure I like Romo too much though. I have my eye on Matt Ryan toward the 4th round.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
I'm definitely leaning toward Rice. I'm not sure I like Romo too much though. I have my eye on Matt Ryan toward the 4th round.
Ryan will be long gone by the 4th round of a 14 team league. You are saying that he will be anywhere between the 43rd and the 56th player off the board?

Old 08-23-2012, 01:37 PM

112 posts, read 229,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Ryan will be long gone by the 4th round of a 14 team league. You are saying that he will be anywhere between the 43rd and the 56th player off the board?

In the 14 team Yahoo mocks I've done so far Matt Ryan has gone 59th, 65th and an unbelievable 127th.

Now that doesnt guarantee that he'll be there in those relative positions in my real draft but if the trends and ADP's I've looked at hold true I should be able to get him at my 4th and 5th round pick. hopefully!

Old 08-24-2012, 06:22 AM

17,579 posts, read 39,816,751 times
Quote:
In the 14 team Yahoo mocks I've done so far Matt Ryan has gone 59th, 65th and an unbelievable 127th.

Now that doesnt guarantee that he'll be there in those relative positions in my real draft but if the trends and ADP's I've looked at hold true I should be able to get him at my 4th and 5th round pick. hopefully!
Overall ADP I am seeing him go in the 4th.

Average Draft Position (ADP) - Fantasy Football Calculator

Old 08-24-2012, 08:07 AM

170 posts, read 489,900 times
Question guys. Right now I have Ryan Williams and Rashad Jennings on my Bench. My starting lineup is good but my bench is horrible.

Should i keep both guys or pick up either, Brian Quick or Santana Moss to replace one of them?

Old 08-24-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daellis99 View Post
Question guys. Right now I have Ryan Williams and Rashad Jennings on my Bench. My starting lineup is good but my bench is horrible.

Should i keep both guys or pick up either, Brian Quick or Santana Moss to replace one of them?
I saw Brian Quick play against the Chiefs last week, and I really liked his performance. He ran sharp routes, looked very seasoned. He is definitely going to replace Lloyd in the flanker role.

The problem is, in my opinion, the system. Jeff Fisher's receivers usually put up modest numbers. The best case scenario is getting a Derek Mason-type season when he was in his prime: maybe 1000 yards receiving and 7 TDs. The caveat, again, is that the Rams offense is frankly not good. They scored a grand total of 16 offensive TDs last year. If you are in a yardage league, I would be higher on Quick.

Backup RBs in good systems are like lottery tickets. If you hit one, you are going to amass a lot of yards backfilling the starters role. In this case, I like Williams more than Jennings, because I think Jones Drew is more of an individual talent, whose production may not be duplicated by his backup. In contrast, I think Beanie Wells is an average running back. Williams upside is greater in my estimation.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:48 AM

13,343 posts, read 17,434,723 times
Quote:

Kind of difficult to answer w/o knowing the rest of your roster or scoring system (PPR?) or league type (redraft/keeper/dynasty?) or who else is available on waivers. Jennings or Williams might be great as handcuffs, who knows.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:

Depends on the rest of your roster. But I would most likely be holding on to Jennings at this point. He may end be the starting RB if MJD continues to hold out.

I would leave Santana on the waiver wire where he belongs.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:27 PM

How about trying to trade Jennings to the MJD owner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or