U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 08:02 AM

311 posts, read 1,281,012 times

Advertisements

Why not add him? They already have Moss, Welker and Stallworth. One more can't hurt. I don't know how they have managed to stay under the salary cap with all these stars they have been adding to the team. How much are they paying Brady anyway?

They'll probably win another super bowl, all their draft picks will turn into pro bowlers and they will make several trades that are completely in their favor. Brady will shatter the touchdown record while Moss makes Jerry Rice look like an under achiever. The biggest names in free agency will all join the team next season and everyone will say they are even better.

Oh, well. Perhaps when Tom Brady retires in 7-8 years some other team will actually have a chance to win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 09:17 AM

786 posts, read 876,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Is Chad gonna provide the Pepto Bismol chaser, too? *urp*
That's right. And BB brought the beano. ffffft:

Old 10-10-2007, 10:08 AM

3,003 posts, read 3,160,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan View Post
Why not add him? They already have Moss, Welker and Stallworth. One more can't hurt. I don't know how they have managed to stay under the salary cap with all these stars they have been adding to the team. How much are they paying Brady anyway?

They'll probably win another super bowl, all their draft picks will turn into pro bowlers and they will make several trades that are completely in their favor. Brady will shatter the touchdown record while Moss makes Jerry Rice look like an under achiever. The biggest names in free agency will all join the team next season and everyone will say they are even better.

Oh, well. Perhaps when Tom Brady retires in 7-8 years some other team will actually have a chance to win.

Even though you're a Dolphins fan, I like the way you think.

Old 10-12-2007, 05:53 PM

1,673 posts, read 2,723,524 times
if that would happend...which i dont think it will...then game ova.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:51 AM

943 posts, read 3,823,473 times
Wouldn't be a good fit. Actually Stallworth is not really a great fit next to Moss and thats why he is kinda struggling. I personally believe a great number one Randy/ Chad type receiver thrive more next to a great posession type Chris Carter/ Houshmandzadeh type receiver than they do someone just like them. Somebody has to do the dirty work. It sounds dumb to the casual fan, but anyone that knows football understands what I mean. I don't think it would hurt the team, but it don't think it would be all pros either. There are cons that would come with it. I also don't think Chad would leave Carson and TJ anyway. Chad gets his money, he and Carson challenge marvin and peyton for the tandem passing records one day, but probably come up short.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:31 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,559,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Is it possible that the Pats pick up Chad Johnson next season? I believe there will be some room in their cap for it to happen. He just wants to play for a winner, just like everyone else, and BB loves the way he plays. I'm calling it, Ocho Cinko will be a Pat next season. Try covering that receiving core, not that anyone can now, but with Johnson and Moss..........forget about it.
As the league clown, I don't see him in New England. He doesn't fit their class of an organization.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:39 PM

325 posts, read 990,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanInSF View Post
As the league clown, I don't see him in New England. He doesn't fit their class of an organization.
Class of the organization.......they signed Randy Moss. Give me a break. Randy Moss is one of the biggest idiots in the NFL in my opinion. Mr. I play when I want to. At least Chad Johnson plays hard all of the time, he just likes to have fun with it. Chad would be ok like I mentioned earlier I think TJ was the leading reciever on the team last year.

Oh yeah.....so much for class....they got caught cheating!!!

Old 10-17-2007, 07:48 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,671,809 times
Princess, he plays when he wants to all right. Think he's playing this year?

Old 10-17-2007, 10:39 PM

325 posts, read 990,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Princess, he plays when he wants to all right. Think he's playing this year?
Yeah he playing of course. Cause he's on a loaded Pats team that probably wont lose a game. Even T.O. could behave in that situation. And I am not a TO hater btw....Im probably one of his biggest fans and I take ALOT of crap for it. Im not a fan of Randy Moss, but I dont have anything against him either. Just stating the facts. When his team is doing well he is all for it. God for bid Tom Brady is done for the season and the debacle of New England begins lets see if he wants to play so much then.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:07 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,559,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspolamalu View Post
Class of the organization.......they signed Randy Moss. Give me a break. Randy Moss is one of the biggest idiots in the NFL in my opinion. Mr. I play when I want to. At least Chad Johnson plays hard all of the time, he just likes to have fun with it. Chad would be ok like I mentioned earlier I think TJ was the leading reciever on the team last year.

Oh yeah.....so much for class....they got caught cheating!!!
Chad Johnson epitomizes the hip-hop buffoonery that plagues the nation now. Doesn't fit with a championship team like the Patriots. Do you see Moss acting like such an idiot? Absolutely not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football