U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 06:47 PM

16,521 posts, read 20,961,579 times

Advertisements

I don't have anything to gain with this, but don't be surprised if Chad Johnson is suspended by the Bengals management, forcing him to sit out the season. His actions on the sidelines on the tube were noted, and I am not talking about the self promotion stuff. Lewis has to have control of his players. Carson Palmer has to have the respect of Chad Johnson, and neither of these are happening. His behavior is similar to another self promoter who battled on the TV camera with his coaches and quarterback and he got run. His name is Terrell Owens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 10:40 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,309 posts, read 11,176,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Maybe they should buy Bill Belichick some class while they are spending money. His sour loser attitude after getting embarrassed by the Giants was one of the most disgraceful coaching displays I've EVER seen. If your gonna cry after you lose, stay with the crybabies instead of the pros.

That was disgraceful how BeliCHEAT acted after the loss against the Giants. You win as a team and you lose as a team...for him to storm off the field while his players still had to formally line up against the Giants so the Giants could take the kneel down was poor sportsmanship. He should have stayed on the field and took the loss like a man.

Old 06-07-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspolamalu View Post
Hines Ward is one of the classiest players in the game, and he even had a little fun with Chad when he scored up in Cincy a few years ago immitating his River *** or whatever he calls it.
Hines was just imitating Chad to shove it back in his face for once. He told the media he was only having fun with Chad, but c'mon....when Chad is using a terrible towel to clean his shoes...what Steeler fan or player for that matter is not going to take offense??? Chad is a complete idiot, along with Randy Moss.

Old 06-07-2008, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I don't have anything to gain with this, but don't be surprised if Chad Johnson is suspended by the Bengals management, forcing him to sit out the season. His actions on the sidelines on the tube were noted, and I am not talking about the self promotion stuff. Lewis has to have control of his players. Carson Palmer has to have the respect of Chad Johnson, and neither of these are happening. His behavior is similar to another self promoter who battled on the TV camera with his coaches and quarterback and he got run. His name is Terrell Owens.
Why would the Bengals want him back? Especially after he badmouthed the entire organization and acted like a complete idiot.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
No, it's not racist. The man is a buffoon and I for one am not amused by yet another black player acting like a clown. Maybe he should play for the Falcons and continue the legacy of buffonery that lingers from Deion "Orangutan" Sanders. When I watch someone score a touchdown, I'm not looking for "Amateur Night At The Apollo" in some ridiculous celebration immediately afterwards.

The man is a poster boy for the "Celebration of Ignorance", as represented musically by hip-hop.
I don't care what color skin he is sporting...Whether he's black, white, purple or green...he is STILL a BUFFOON! One thing I know for sure, he will NEVER play for the Pittsburgh Steelers because the Rooneys don't tolerate buffoonery! He's an IDIOT!

And by the way, YES, it was Randy Moss who went through the motions of mooning the fans (I believe it was the Green Bay Packer fans). That makes him a buffoon in my eyes as well!

These players are role models for young kids and to be on national TV acting like idiots is shameful. You NEVER saw Jerome Bettis acting like that. Now there is a CLASS act! These idiots should take some lessons from Jerome.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:08 AM

2,639 posts, read 6,030,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanwannabe View Post
... but c'mon....when Chad is using a terrible towel to clean his shoes...what Steeler fan or player for that matter is not going to take offense???
Wasn't that T.J. Houshmandzadeh?

Old 06-09-2008, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boycew02 View Post
Wasn't that T.J. Houshmandzadeh?
You know what...you're right! It was him, but Chad had something to do with that whole plan. As a matter of fact they both had a huge plan with the terrible towel for the end zone when Chad scored again. The only problem was...The Steelers never let Chad back into the end zone the rest of that game.

I cannot stand the Bengals. Most of them are nothing but criminals. Even their coach and their city mayor are embarrassed by them. The mayor went so far as to tell the coach to "get his players in line or else he would". That was a big write up in the papers last year.

Here is an article on the coach and his embarrassment.
News - Arrests disappoint, embarrass Lewis - Cincinnati Bengals

Old 06-10-2008, 05:46 PM

16,521 posts, read 20,961,579 times
Texanwannabe! I'm inclined to agree with you on that. The reason why I meant suspension is that I'm completely tired of that behavior-period. Johnson, Owens, and all the other self promoters only think about one thing-THEM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football