U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 05:08 PM

2,999 posts, read 3,155,686 times

Advertisements

Is it possible that the Pats pick up Chad Johnson next season? I believe there will be some room in their cap for it to happen. He just wants to play for a winner, just like everyone else, and BB loves the way he plays. I'm calling it, Ocho Cinko will be a Pat next season. Try covering that receiving core, not that anyone can now, but with Johnson and Moss..........forget about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 09:48 PM

716 posts, read 1,525,083 times
If the Pats want to be the Yankees of the NFL...then sure, why not.

I mean, heck, they are already the San Fran Giants......what with all the cheating they've done.

Old 10-06-2007, 05:11 AM

262 posts, read 225,171 times
Quote:
The Yankees are the Yankees because theres no cap in baseball there spending 300 mil while most teams are spending 100mil theres a cap in the NFL they can all spend the same.

Old 10-06-2007, 06:19 AM

3,675 posts, read 7,840,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post

I mean, heck, they are already the San Fran Giants......what with all the cheating they've done.
You forgot the hGH use.

Old 10-06-2007, 06:28 AM

270 posts, read 1,103,200 times
There would not be enough footballs on the field for Moss and Johnson. Yea of course it would be all peachy and creamy at first then one would not be getting enough exposere from the press then it would start. I mean you have to have 2 special "superstars" to be able to play on the same team. So I could care less if he comes to the pats the COLTS will beat them this year and the next and next, plus they would self destruct if Ocho came to the pats.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juicebox View Post
There would not be enough footballs on the field for Moss and Johnson. Yea of course it would be all peachy and creamy at first then one would not be getting enough exposere from the press then it would start. I mean you have to have 2 special "superstars" to be able to play on the same team. So I could care less if he comes to the pats the COLTS will beat them this year and the next and next, plus they would self destruct if Ocho came to the pats.

People have been saying certain players would self destruct when they came to the Pats(Dillon/Moss), and they became team players and enjoyed some great times. I understand being a Colts fan has you somewhat delusional, but you guys are finally getting the injury bug(about time), and we'll see how they deal with it. I believe they will have a tough time with the Bucs, for the Colts better keep a HB back there to block.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:08 AM

Quote:

Don't let it tear at your soul......let it go. Its not healthy.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:14 AM

786 posts, read 873,282 times
Quote:
The Yankees take heat because their team salaries are head and shoulders way above what every other team spends. And they can do that mainly because there is no salary cap in MLB. So to say the Patriots are becoming the Yankess of the NFL is a non sequitur.

As far as Chad Johnson coming to the Pats next year, I watched the Pats play Cinci last week, and I saw Chad Johnson come over and speak to Bill Belichick ("BB") on the sidelines after one particular play. I have it on good authority that Chad Johnson told BB he wanted a Super Bowl ring before he retired and that he'd buy him a bowl of skyline chili after the game if he wanted more details.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:47 PM

325 posts, read 990,356 times
I say please no for the sake of the rest of the AFC. The Pats are far better than everybody as it is. People can say whatever they want about them cheating this and that. The Pats are just better period point blank and this is coming from a Steelers fan who watched Troy Brown ruin our trip to the superbowl live from Heinz Field. I hate the pats with a passion, but I have to admit they are good. If they beat the Colts the only team that has an outside shot of beating them is the Steelers. I know it is tough to go undefeated these days in the NFL but if anyone can do it I think it will be the Pats.

I think that Chad Johnson could deal with having Randy Moss on the other side of him, because I think that he is at a point in his career where he does want that chance to win. If im not mistaken I think TJ was the leading reciever for the Bengals last year. I thought a few years ago that the Bengals were going in the right direction, but who knows know. Corey Dillion had the right idea and perhaps Ocho Cinco will as well.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:29 AM

32,364 posts, read 59,796,813 times
Quote:
that he'd buy him a bowl of skyline chili after the game if he wanted more details.
Is Chad gonna provide the Pepto Bismol chaser, too? *urp*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football