U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 08:55 PM

2,244 posts, read 3,469,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
If they do make changes, it should be an evolution instead of a revolution. A design that is new but still has enough of the classic uniform so that there's no doubt who is this team. A mean nasty looking dog on the helmet would be an OK addition. Shirts and pants are fine. Just need a bit of minor touch-ups to update the look. No need to go all "Oregon Ducks" with the uniforms.
No it wouldn't, it would be tacky. We need to update the look of the Browns uniforms like we need to update the food at Sokolowski's cafeteria.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 09:28 PM

14,095 posts, read 23,726,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
No it wouldn't, it would be tacky. We need to update the look of the Browns uniforms like we need to update the food at Sokolowski's cafeteria.
Never been to Ohio so I never heard of the place. Is that a deli type place. I'll look it up. Nothing against Ohio. Would much rather Browns over Steelers. If you're ever in south Louisiana, come by Lafayette for some traditional Cajun food, not the fake stuff sold in stores or restaurants outside Louisiana. Closest I came to a deli was a chain restaurant so I know it's not the real deal.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:17 AM

32,432 posts, read 59,997,299 times
We don't need no stinkin' logos.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:48 AM

10,720 posts, read 11,132,225 times
I'm not a Browns fans, I'm a Broncos fan, so take what I say for whatever it's worth to you. A few years ago if someone told me that the Browns were considering a design change to their uniforms, I would likely have agreed that it was time. Now, I would adamantly oppose such a move. Take a look around the league at what Nike has done to other teams' uniforms. The Seahawks are downright laughable in that clown suit they are wearing today. What was once to me plain, boring and out of date is now classic. The Browns uniforms should remain unchanged.

At most they should consider wearing those orange pants, that looked pretty sharp. But don't make any big changes. With the direction uniform trends are heading right now, you are safer with what you have.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:39 PM

8,128 posts, read 12,712,738 times
No logo on the helmet, no cheerleaders, no corporate stadium name...all seems good to me.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:40 PM

8,345 posts, read 14,132,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Take a look around the league at what Nike has done to other teams' uniforms. The Seahawks are downright laughable in that clown suit they are wearing today.
Not to take the thread off track, but I quadruple love the new Seahawk uniforms.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:05 PM

10,720 posts, read 11,132,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Not to take the thread off track, but I quadruple love the new Seahawk uniforms.
HAHA! Laughs. Fair enough, to each his own.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:42 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,104,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-mo View Post
As anyone who is a Browns fan know we now have a new owner. A new owner I believe will want to win and one who is finally willing to pay to do so. Unlike the last owner and the owner of the Tribe. If you want to win you have to pay, its simple.

But since the news of the buy Ive heard rumors he might be changing the name and uniforms. Nothing concrete and Im sure just rumors. I was always one of those guys who said our uniforms were classy and should never change but the more I thought about it the more intriguing the thought got. Id really like to have a logo on my shirts, hats, and other stuff. Not just an orange helmet. I know there is the elf and the dawg, maybe they could incorporate one of those onto the helmet, I dunno. A part of me would like to see a complete change of colors and name. Maybe a fresh start so-to-speak.

What are your thoughts?

NO FREAKIN' WAY!!! Do NOT mess with the helmet! Nor change the name, or colors! Us Browns fans did not fight to keep our name, history and colors to turn around and change them down the road anyway. I'd be OK with minor tweaks to the uniform, but keep with the color scheme, and DO NOT TOUCH THE HELMET! I'm cool with implementing the elf somewhere on the jersey, but not the helmet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I think the unis are ugly...brown and orange???
Sorry, but last time I checked, it's football, not a fashion show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Well, the helmet is blank right now...but that leaves plenty of room for someone to put a horrible icon in it...sometimes less is more...
And it should stay as is.

Quote:
I like the Browns uniforms. Fun fact - they borrowed the color combo from Bowling Green State University, also brown and orange.
Yes they did. And the team was named after their first legendary coach Paul Brown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
And the point would be ... ?
There is no point. We're not Denver or Seattle. We're Cleveland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
They're classic. Leave 'em alone.
Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
I'd be OK with very minor tweaks to the uniform. Leave the helmet alone. I'd love to see the orange pants again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
We don't need no stinkin' logos.
Wish I could rep ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I'm not a Browns fans, I'm a Broncos fan, so take what I say for whatever it's worth to you. A few years ago if someone told me that the Browns were considering a design change to their uniforms, I would likely have agreed that it was time. Now, I would adamantly oppose such a move. Take a look around the league at what Nike has done to other teams' uniforms. The Seahawks are downright laughable in that clown suit they are wearing today. What was once to me plain, boring and out of date is now classic. The Browns uniforms should remain unchanged.

At most they should consider wearing those orange pants, that looked pretty sharp. But don't make any big changes. With the direction uniform trends are heading right now, you are safer with what you have.
I'm with you. I would not mind seeing the orange pants once in awhile. While I was young during that era known as the Kardiac Kids era, that was when I really became aware of the Cleveland Browns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
No logo on the helmet, no cheerleaders, no corporate stadium name...all seems good to me.
I wouldn't mind cheerleaders. Given the way the team has been playing, at least some eye candy would be nice.

Quote:

It works for Seattle. It worked for Denver. It also worked for New England, and to some extent Arizona. However; it just wouldn't fly with franchises like the Browns, Steelers, or Packers.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:03 AM

21,421 posts, read 21,980,735 times
I've seen old film of the Cleveland Browns back in the 40s and 50s in which their uniforms appear to be just black & white, they should switch back to those if they really wanted to be authentic. And hey lose those facemask too, bunch of softies I tell ya.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:40 AM

5,763 posts, read 4,253,913 times
I like the Browns unis just the way they are. Sometimes change just for change sake is just plain stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football