U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 12:04 PM

8,115 posts, read 17,335,259 times

Advertisements

The Browns uniforms to me have a relationship to Penn State in the sense they are the essence of simplicity. In addition, they have kind of morphed into the Dallas Cowboys when it comes to home uniform propensity: they only wear their white jerseys. How many other teams these days have an all-white jersey/pant combo? In an era where teams are diversifying their uniform distribution so they can occupy more store shelves and merchandising space with 'alternative' uniforms, it is endearing to see that one team is keeping it traditional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 12:39 PM

15,908 posts, read 10,083,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
The Browns uniforms to me have a relationship to Penn State in the sense they are the essence of simplicity. In addition, they have kind of morphed into the Dallas Cowboys when it comes to home uniform propensity: they only wear their white jerseys. How many other teams these days have an all-white jersey/pant combo? In an era where teams are diversifying their uniform distribution so they can occupy more store shelves and merchandising space with 'alternative' uniforms, it is endearing to see that one team is keeping it traditional.

No they don't always wear white at home. Last year, they did. This year we'll see them in white for 4 home games, and brown for the other 4. Either way the Browns unis are classic. Call me biased, but I am from Cleveland, and a Browns fan!

Old 09-10-2012, 06:18 PM

8,121 posts, read 12,692,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post

I wouldn't mind cheerleaders. Given the way the team has been playing, at least some eye candy would be nice.

Point well taken. Let's start organizing the tryouts!

Old 09-11-2012, 09:58 AM

39 posts, read 39,650 times
I never understood why there wasnt ever cheerleaders.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
It works for Seattle. It worked for Denver. It also worked for New England, and to some extent Arizona. However; it just wouldn't fly with franchises like the Browns, Steelers, or Packers.
And I agree with this.

Guess we'll just have to see what the new owner is going to do.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-mo View Post
And I agree with this.

Guess we'll just have to see what the new owner is going to do.

All that I want is for this new owner to bring the Cleveland Browns back to greatness! This team is one of the household franchise names in the NFL! It has one of the largest and definitely one of the most loyal fanbases in the NFL! Not to mention the largest organized backers club in professional sports! Check out Browns Backers! There are clubs in almost all 50 states, and backers clubs all over the world and as far away as Australia! I'm so beyond tired of the so called experts from the national sports outlets acting like Cleveland doesn't even have a football team! I was watching NFL AM on NFL Network Friday morning and they were doing the picks... Browns vs Eagles came up, and all 3 in unison snickered and were equally smug and simply said "Eagles" and "moving on!" Umm aren't they SUPPOSED to be unbiased, and not play favorites?! Shouldn't they be breaking down the game, and the strategy of both teams? But no, they'd rather talk about the freakin' New York Jets! No offense to Jets fans, but it's as if Tebow, Sanchez, or Rex Ryan goes to take a dump, by golly it's breaking news! The national sports networks are after all an extension of the lamestream media, so I guess that I shouldn't expect anything more out them!

Look I realize the Browns have been pretty bad since their return in 1999, and have been making a mockery of a once great football tradition! But they are still an NFL team, and despite their record still popular! I guess it's that stigma with the city of Cleveland as a whole! I can't wait until that finally dies out! This city certainly has had it's struggles, but a lot of great things are indeed happening here right now, and it's bull**** that any negative things that happen here are amplified compared to any other major cities in the country! And that goes for our city as a whole or it's sports teams! To give an example, when Lebron announced his decision they showed a picture of his jersey being burned on the street, and made it sound as if Cleveland set a bonfire full of jerseys when in fact it was only one or two individuals who did so!

OK. Sorry for the rant. But I hope Haslam aside from maybe a few minor tweaks in the uniform itself (or he could just leave it the hell alone), don't mess with the helmet! Don't mess with the overall color scheme! And most certainly, don't change the name! In fact restore greatness to that name! That is all Haslam needs to do!

Old 09-11-2012, 05:45 PM

73 posts, read 127,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-mo View Post
As anyone who is a Browns fan know we now have a new owner. A new owner I believe will want to win and one who is finally willing to pay to do so. Unlike the last owner and the owner of the Tribe. If you want to win you have to pay, its simple.

But since the news of the buy Ive heard rumors he might be changing the name and uniforms. Nothing concrete and Im sure just rumors. I was always one of those guys who said our uniforms were classy and should never change but the more I thought about it the more intriguing the thought got. Id really like to have a logo on my shirts, hats, and other stuff. Not just an orange helmet. I know there is the elf and the dawg, maybe they could incorporate one of those onto the helmet, I dunno. A part of me would like to see a complete change of colors and name. Maybe a fresh start so-to-speak.

What are your thoughts?
I'm all for the change...I don't ever wanna watch the Browns on TV not only because their lackluster skills but also because of those ugly orange helmets and jerseys.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:13 AM

32,391 posts, read 59,880,407 times
Quote:
But I hope Haslam aside from maybe a few minor tweaks in the uniform itself (or he could just leave it the hell alone), don't mess with the helmet! Don't mess with the overall color scheme! And most certainly, don't change the name! In fact restore greatness to that name! That is all Haslam needs to do!
I could be wrong, but Haslam strikes me as old school. He just quit yesterday as CEO of Flying J, so maybe we'll get an owner that actually pays attention to the team.

But leave the uniforms alone.

Now ... about Mike Holmgren ...

Old 09-12-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideySwag View Post
I'm all for the change...I don't ever wanna watch the Browns on TV not only because their lackluster skills but also because of those ugly orange helmets and jerseys.

Again, it's FOOTBALL! Not a fashion show! Now your first point I can agree with. They can be tough to watch. But I'm from Cleveland, so I guess it's kind of ingrained.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
I was watching NFL AM on NFL Network Friday morning and they were doing the picks... Browns vs Eagles came up, and all 3 in unison snickered and were equally smug and simply said "Eagles" and "moving on!" Umm aren't they SUPPOSED to be unbiased, and not play favorites?!
I watched that as well, they all laughed and said just put up the picture (eagles logo). Couldnt believe they could all just sit there on national tv and be so disrespectful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football