U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2012, 08:54 AM

6,778 posts, read 10,180,182 times

Advertisements

Got a kick out of this.

Replacement Refs-ref.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 08:56 AM

4,798 posts, read 11,978,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
that's the joke i've been hearing all morning.

"Golden Tate caught Jennings." LOL.

My thing is, with one ref calling TD, and the other ref calling an "official's timeout" when he waved his hands sideways, which indicates timeout and touchback. Why didn't the two of them huddle up and discuss it?

And then the call from upstairs in the replay booth comfirned the TD?
For some reason these repacements rarly huddle to discuss before making calls. They are clearly WAY over their heads in these NFL games. The posters who think otherwise either aren't watching many games or don't have a clue about NFL football. This has to come to an end now (like today) or the NFL is going disenfranchise LOTS of fans.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:59 AM

21,550 posts, read 11,619,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheGuy View Post
For some reason these repacements rarly huddle to discuss before making calls. They are clearly WAY over their heads in these NFL games. The posters who think otherwise either aren't watching many games or don't have a clue about NFL football. This has to come to an end now (like today) or the NFL is going disenfranchise LOTS of fans.
The talent on the field still wins the games. The Packers did 100 other things to lose that game.

I know I'll still be watching and I won't even think about the refs until the announcers start beating the drum.

I mean if their offensive line could block or Rodgers could move around a little they wouldn't have given up all those sacks and would have score enough points to win in the first half.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:08 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,570,580 times
Guys...you've got to be kidding me...

I know the whole "there are plenty of other things the losing team could've done to win." That is a true statement, I hear your point.

But you can't argue what happened last night. Regardless of everything the Packers did wrong last night, they did enough to win the game. This is one of those few instances where you can honestly say "the refs lost them the game."

Old 09-25-2012, 09:15 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,081,462 times
I hear what PullMyFinger is saying, but the Packers got the shaft last night!

Old 09-25-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The talent on the field still wins the games. The Packers did 100 other things to lose that game.

I know I'll still be watching and I won't even think about the refs until the announcers start beating the drum.

I mean if their offensive line could block or Rodgers could move around a little they wouldn't have given up all those sacks and would have score enough points to win in the first half.

Normally that would be a true statement, but when there are countless wrong game changing calls in a given game it can easily change the outcome no matter how the players perform. I am not referencing last night's game. I am talking in general, but it certainly pertains to last nights game.

These replacment refs are making countless wrong game changing calls in way too many games. There is no doubt it is hurting the integrity of the game. I am pretty sure most of the announcers (many ex players, ex-coaches) know a lot more about it than an arm-chair quarterback like yourself. Drew Brees is one of the most respected players in the game and it is my understanding that he went off on the replacement refs yesterday before the MNF game.

Bottom line is that the replacements ARE affecting the games and their outcomes. How many regular season games have you watched this season?

Old 09-25-2012, 09:25 AM

Looks like they both had the ball and Tate's shoulders were on the turf before Jennings was down.

Russell Wilson Hail Mary Pass To Golden Tate In Packers VS Seahawks - YouTube

Old 09-25-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Looks like they both had the ball and Tate's shoulders were on the turf before Jennings was down.

Russell Wilson Hail Mary Pass To Golden Tate In Packers VS Seahawks - YouTube
Are you blind? Jennings has both arms cradled around the ball and his back basically flush to Tate's chest. Tate basically has one arm stuck up around the ball inside of Jennings arm. Who lands first has nothing to do with it.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:32 AM

The only question is whether you give the defender credit for controlling the ball first BEFORE the WR gets his hands on it because the rule states that another player cannot take possession of it once it is "controlled" by another player.

Now we all know that you cannot catch a ball until you get both feet on the ground. The defender surely did not have both feet on the ground before the WR got his hands on the ball so anything that happens prior to that will determine if it is a catch.

So since they both had their hands on the ball when they hit the ground, it must be deemed simultaneous possession and the rule clearly states that this type of reception is awarded to the offense.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:32 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,570,580 times
Due to all the refs chatter this morning, I heard something that I wasn't aware of that happened on Sunday. I didn't know about the ending of the Raiders/Steelers game until today.

Apparently on the very last play before the Raiders kicked a game winning field goal, there was a chop block by the Raiders offensive line that wasn't called. So bad, that the Steelers player who got chop blocked was injured on the play (which is why its a penalty in the first place, chop blocks lead to injuries). that's a 15 yard penalty, but it wasn't called.

That would've turned Janikowski's game winning 43 yard field goal into a 58 yard field goal. I know Sebastian has a good leg, but even for him, 58 yards ain't no chip shot.

Just more BS that is coming to light...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football