Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2012, 11:05 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,471,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Somewhere out there, there are dozens of guys who have black and white striped shirts hanging in their closets. And, they are grinning from ear to ear.

What. A. Disaster.
The ONLY people who liked that call, outside of Seahawk fans, are a bunch of guys on strike.

Right now they are indeed smiling, and feeling like momentum is swinging their way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 11:05 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,682,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Each week that goes by - the real NFL refs gain more and more leverage.

I wonder if the replacement refs are ready for the real refs to return...
They got their leverage tonight.

Terrible. Simply terrible.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:07 PM

17,574 posts, read 46,060,080 times
It will be very interesting to see what the NFL has to say tomorrow. I don't think they can just be silent.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:08 PM

25,803 posts, read 16,451,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
They got their leverage tonight.

Terrible. Simply terrible.
I'm not so sure they didn't get it right. Watch the replay from the different angles. Looks pretty clearly like a tied possession and that is a TD.

Also, Jennings screwed up. Why didn't he bat it down like he is supposed to do? Just trying to get the INT for his stats.

Why isn't anyone talking about the non-PI call on Woodson that also had a huge impact on the game?

For once the Packers get jobbed by the officials, I know it's not something they are used to. I guess these new refs didn't get the memo about favoring the Packers in all close situations.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:12 PM

89 posts, read 149,291 times
I have no problem with them, as American football is a fatally flawed, stupid game to begin with.

We all recognize there is offensive holding on every single play, and there is zero precedent for officials to call offensive holding only on the more severe infractions. They literally just make it up as they go, calling holding with zero semblance of consistency or justification whatsoever. That's not highlighting "bad" officials, it's all officials. It's how the game is played.

Entire games are decided by holding calls calling back a touchdown or ignored completely on a whim.

That and its 2 hours of beer commercials, 45 minutes of huddles and like 8 minutes of actual competition.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:12 PM

17,574 posts, read 46,060,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'm not so sure they didn't get it right. Watch the replay from the different angles. Looks pretty clearly like a tied possession and that is a TD.

Also, Jennings screwed up. Why didn't he bat it down like he is supposed to do? Just trying to get the INT for his stats.

Why isn't anyone talking about the non-PI call on Woodson that also had a huge impact on the game?

For once the Packers get jobbed by the officials, I know it's not something they are used to. I guess these new refs didn't get the memo about favoring the Packers in all close situations.
And this kids is why you shouldn't do crack.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:52 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,318,244 times
It was the right call. It was a jump ball, and the WR had possession, which is clear on the replay.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:58 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,897,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
It was the right call. It was a jump ball, and the WR had possession, which is clear on the replay.
The Packer player had clear possesion of the ball when they fell to the ground. And if you can't see that after watching the replay you either

1. Live in Seattle

2. Don't have 20/20 vision

Old 09-25-2012, 12:20 AM

26,691 posts, read 41,629,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Here's the deal Goodell! Here it is!

So you think you can just tell the referees to go to hell. Just like that. Meetings get closed, no progress is made, and you think everything is hunky dory. You sir, are making $9.89 million dollars this year and reports are you're going to be raking in $20 million dollars next year.

Right now as I'm typing this, ESPN has Gerry Austin is in the booth explaining the whole thing to Mike Tirico, John Gruden, and a nationwide audience. Gerry Austin, commish, remember him? How about two dozen years of NFL experience as a referee. You listening to him? He said GREEN BAY INTERCEPTION!!! And you have the unmitigated gall to send memos to NFL coaches telling them to lay off the officials or else. OR ELSE?

I've been watching NFL football for nearly a half century. This is beyond bad. WAY beyond bad.
^This.

Last night was indeed worst case scenario. I have no idea if Goodell is a man of even average intelligence, how he can say after this call everything is good. I'll bet the owners are begging to write the checks to cover the gap between the officials and the NFL to prevent this from happening to their team, even Seattle. If Goodell wants coaches to lay off the refs, I hope that he provided HIS direct cell so the coaches can lay into him since this mess is mostly his fault.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:28 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,318,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The Packer player had clear possesion of the ball when they fell to the ground. And if you can't see that after watching the replay you either

1. Live in Seattle

2. Don't have 20/20 vision
I don't live in Seattle, but I do know that Seattle won the game. Neither player had clear possession, but the Seahawks WR had at least partial possession. That's why they teach DBs to bat the ball away. Seahawks win - end of debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football