Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 12:08 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,181,742 times

Advertisements

Last year Rodgers put up a 131 QB rating vs 5 or more rushers. Completed nearly 70% of his passes and avg 12yards per attempt which also led the league by a huge margin.

He has led the league in this rating vs blitz since 2009.

Rodgers, offense feast on the blitz

Old 09-27-2012, 12:13 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,464,381 times
Yeah, he had a good run. However, since that article, the trend is still downward as he has regressed close to, in some cases below, the mean the last handful of games. Is it a meaningful sample? Probably not yet, but its getting close. If I were a packer fan, I would be concerned as it seems teams can scheme better and better vs him.

And again, he is still, even on his bad days, better than Jay Cutler

Old 09-27-2012, 12:24 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,181,742 times
there have been only 3 games this season - he's faced two very good defenses (both could easily finish top 5) and both play a physical style that has been jamming up receivers, there have been problems getting the OL set and receivers healthy

they definitely aren't clicking right now

all 3 games he's been pressured and hit a lot - still has a rating of 87 on the year - in the seattle game he didn't make any errors and stayed patient ........ in the SF game he had 2 TDs to 1 Int, over 300 yards and a 97 rating and they absolutely roasted the bears in large part because he handled the pressure much better than cutler did

plenty of season left - his numbers haven't been as good - but i'd take a 3 year sample over a 3 game sample - especially when 2 of those games are against tremendous defenses including what could be considered the best secondary in football

Old 09-27-2012, 12:33 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,464,381 times
Yeah well since Im cherry picking, Id include the Giants (great D) and KC (meh) games last year too. Him moving backward in productivity isn't a bad thing persay as he was going at nearly unprecendented levels for a while there. Sure a 3 season sample is better than a more recent 5 game sampling, but I'll stand by my statement that I feel teams are coming into games with a very specific game plan that has had success.

Its up to the Packers to adjust now.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:33 PM

23,769 posts, read 28,954,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Yeah, he had a good run. However, since that article, the trend is still downward as he has regressed close to, in some cases below, the mean the last handful of games. Is it a meaningful sample? Probably not yet, but its getting close. If I were a packer fan, I would be concerned as it seems teams can scheme better and better vs him.

And again, he is still, even on his bad days, better than Jay Cutler
Rogers has indeed tanked, completing just 3 deep passes in his past 2 games since this report...

On the Packers' drop in explosiveness - NFC North Blog - ESPN

no reason to think things will improve any time soon given his claw-handed receivers and turnstile-resembling offensive linemen.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:50 PM

14,312 posts, read 14,570,852 times
Tanked, I don't think so. I'll still take him over any of the NFC QBs or any other for that matter. Don't count the Packers out yet and things might improve faster than you think.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:53 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,644,866 times
Isn't jay Cutler this generations Jeff George?

And keeping with the theme, Aaron Rodgers could be this generations Mark Rypien.. but the jury is still out.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:19 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,014,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Isn't jay Cutler this generations Jeff George?

And keeping with the theme, Aaron Rodgers could be this generations Mark Rypien.. but the jury is still out.
Cutler is pretty bad, but still a ways off from Jeff George territory.

Old 09-29-2012, 06:16 AM

570 posts, read 579,607 times
Hello Everybody...lets deal with some facts...

Last 10 games hes...9-1...[that sucks bugs, he should be 10-0]
sacked some 60 times...[gees just an excuse bugs D'ah]
has had to learn some 4 new offenses [your just an apologist bugs]
Tice...first time coordinator...wr offense in new system...[it does not matter bugs]
they have to use mass protect...less weapons...[and whats your point bugs]
the o line sucks...[so, you dnt need an o line bugs]
bugs hess a baby he whines...you would to if you were frustrated on your back...
yawn...
all the cutler haters were do they all come from...all the cutler haters were do they all belong?
join me in the beatles thread for some stimulating conversation on the Fab 4...
i belive the nfl has figured out aaron with a new type of cover 2...thats why his tds are way down...what does he have one more then cutler? wouldnt be funny if the saints get back on track this week...

Last edited by Bugsbunny7; 09-29-2012 at 06:39 AM..

Old 09-29-2012, 09:01 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,014,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsbunny7 View Post
Hello Everybody...lets deal with some facts...

Last 10 games hes...9-1...[that sucks bugs, he should be 10-0]
Top 5 defense might help.

Quote:
sacked some 60 times...[gees just an excuse bugs D'ah]
Avoiding sacks is part of a quarterback's job description.

[quote]has had to learn some 4 new offenses [your just an apologist bugs]

Quote:
Tice...first time coordinator...wr offense in new system...[it does not matter bugs]
I count three. Ron Turner, Mike Martz and now Tice/Bates. Bates was the OC in Denver in 2008 as well, so it's not like their is zero familiarity there.

Quote:
they have to use mass protect...less weapons...[and whats your point bugs]
Almost every team uses max (with an "X") protect on a good number of their deep throws, and Cutler loves to throw deep.

Quote:
the o line sucks...[so, you dnt need an o line bugs]
True, but Cutler doesn't make it any better with his play. Also hilarious that he wanted off a team that had the league's best O-line at the time. Karma is fun.

Quote:
bugs hess a baby he whines...you would to if you were frustrated on your back...
....too easy...

Quote:
all the cutler haters were do they all come from...
Personally speaking, it came from watching Cutler quarterback my team from 06-08.

Quote:
i belive the nfl has figured out aaron with a new type of cover 2...thats why his tds are way down...
New type of cover 2? Uhhh, ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.