U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 11:00 AM

570 posts, read 495,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
He's a great QB, but I wouldn't want him on my team.
I would not want him on your team either...

Old 10-02-2012, 11:21 AM

21,665 posts, read 11,682,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Probably when they start losing with him as their QB. Hate him or not, he has a pretty darn good record as a starter with the bears, especially the last 2.5 years.

As a bears fan, I have endured so, so, so many bad QBs. Craig Krenzel, Kordell Stewart, Chris Chandler, Jonathan Quinn, Jim Miller (best of this group), Rex Grossman, and the list goes on. I gladly would take a talented QB who is a jerk IRL at this point. And that seems to be what we have.
I like Mike Tice a lot. That was hard for me to watch. But I have to tip my hat to Cutler. I have him right up with Rodgers for pure talent.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:30 AM

is football a personality contest?

Old 10-02-2012, 11:50 AM

780 posts, read 1,344,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsbunny7 View Post
is football a personality contest?

If it were, Cutler would be out of the running. As I said before, he is who is. He is a talented QB with quirky, cocky personality. This has not changed since he days in high school and wil definitely not change now. Keep him on the field playing and far away from the media as possible and he do ok. I don't ever see him as an "elite QB" (whatever that means) as his leadership skills are limited.

If he were smart, he would take a look a himself with a critical eye and realize with a change in his demeanor, he could market himself outside of football as Brady, Manning(s) and Rodgers have.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:54 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,377,600 times
Eh, I don't really care, or need my QB to be a pretty boy who gets endorsements.

NOW if it truly does impact the ways other players play (WRs giving up on routes cause they hate him etc) then yes, that would be a big deal. That has not happened on the Bears though.

He lost a lockerroom in Denver, but that was also with an ego driven jerk of a coach who was eager to throw gasoline on that fire. It's hard for two jerks to get along, that might be exactly why Lovie Smith could be the perfect coach for him.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:02 PM

780 posts, read 1,344,598 times
Quote:
Eh, I don't really care, or need my QB to be a pretty boy who gets endorsements.
Did not say you had to care. The point was for "outside of football". You won't mean squat to him when he leaves football (or even now) or he won't mean squat to you if he is traded one day. You want a winning QB...I get that. We all do. The endorsements do nothing for me as a football fan.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:56 PM

as orange has said we have had a QB draught here forever...the fans in chicago dont care about his antics..because now we have a franchise QB...and the better are O line plays the better he will get ...
you just got of taste of things to come...his upside is great...and the price we paid to get him was cheap...
and now with marshall coached by lovie WOW...

Old 10-02-2012, 12:59 PM

13,930 posts, read 19,212,633 times
Quote:
Boy...cutler made all you haters look like fools....I said it would take time,
Hello Everybody...lets deal with some facts...AGAIN...
I have facts too, so you might not want to get ahold of yourself.

- After a pretty good (though not spectacular) game last night, Cutler still has only a 75.3 rating, 7th worst in the league.
- He still has more picks (6) than touchdowns (5).
- Dallas has the 14th ranked defense in points scored.

P.S: Still waiting for those Tebow quotes, Bugs.

Quote:
Who cares? qbs and coordinators do it all the time...
No, it doesn't happen all the time. I've coached football teams and never had a player walk away from me (and any that did would have been quite familiar with the bench) and in two decades of watching pro football, can probably count on both hands the number of times I've seen it.

Quote:

NOW if it truly does impact the ways other players play (WRs giving up on routes cause they hate him etc) then yes, that would be a big deal. That has not happened on the Bears though.
You don't think other players, especially younger ones, are going to see the way Cutler treats his coaches and take notice of that? Trust me when I tell you that this is a MUCH bigger issue than it appears on the surface, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Lovie and some of the vets coming down hard on Cutler for it.

Quote:
He lost a lockerroom in Denver, but that was also with an ego driven jerk of a coach who was eager to throw gasoline on that fire. It's hard for two jerks to get along, that might be exactly why Lovie Smith could be the perfect coach for him.
What are you talking about here? Shanahan pretty much coddled Cutler. There were no real issues between the two of them.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:01 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,377,600 times
Obviously I'm talking about McDaniels

Old 10-02-2012, 01:05 PM

13,930 posts, read 19,212,633 times
Quote:
as orange has said we have had a QB draught here forever...the fans in chicago dont care about his antics..because now we have a franchise QB...

-
As I just mentioned above, your "franchise" QB has the 7th worst passer rating in the league and more touchdowns than interceptions.

- How pathetic is the state of your franchise when you'll put up with a guy like Cutler just because he doesn't suck as badly as the others did (though at this point, it could be a statistical wash).
Quote:
and the better are O line plays the better he will get ...
See 2008?

Quote:
you just got of taste of things to come...
He's in his 7th year in the league...fyi.

Quote:
his upside is great...
So was Jeff George's, Kyle Boller's...etc.
Quote:
and the price we paid to get him was cheap...
two firsts, a third, and your own starting QB is "cheap"?

Quote:
and now with marshall coached by lovie WOW...
The same Marshall who is now on his 3rd team after getting run out of Miami (a team with essentially ZERO NFL caliber receivers to replace Marshall at the time.

I wish I could live in your fantasy land sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or