U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 04:33 AM

570 posts, read 493,862 times

Advertisements

I clicked onthe link...it did not work...but you did say tebow had more upside and better intangables then cutler and with proper coaching he would be a really good QB...[See some of our debates were deleted by the moderators] and way better then cutler...how many GMs, head coaches, offensive coaches,QB coaches, are in the league?
they all past on tebow except the jets...what is he doing sitting on a bench..and what is cutler doing?
so again tell us, is tebow better then cutler? you said yes in the past and in the present...or did that change now?
yawn...

Old 10-03-2012, 07:13 AM

51,857 posts, read 41,758,040 times
Really, at this point all the bitchin' and moanin' about Cutler is pointless.

He's the Bears QB this season and so far they are 3-1.
New system, new receivers, hadn't played in the latter 1/2 of last year etc etc.

So far, 3-1 and frankly I'm looking for them to just find a rythm, thes things don't just happen after making major major changes.

So, I will be back in a month or so and we will see where they stand.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Really, at this point all the bitchin' and moanin' about Cutler is pointless.

He's the Bears QB this season and so far they are 3-1.
New system, new receivers, hadn't played in the latter 1/2 of last year etc etc.

So far, 3-1 and frankly I'm looking for them to just find a rythm, thes things don't just happen after making major major changes.

So, I will be back in a month or so and we will see where they stand.
and 10-1 in his last eleven starts...and carried the team when forte went out last year with 3 string WRs...now expect them to go on a roll...

Old 10-03-2012, 09:27 AM

13,925 posts, read 19,137,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsbunny7 View Post
I clicked onthe link...it did not work...
Then go to "advanced search" and look for the word "Tebow" and limit it to only posts made by me. Will bring up every post I've ever made about Tebow.

Quote:
but you did say tebow had more upside and better intangables then cutler and with proper coaching he would be a really good QB...
I did say that, and stand by it. The first point isn't even remotely debatable by anyone with an ounce of objectivity, and the second one is still undecided.
Quote:
and way better then cutler...
I don't recall saying that, and a search of my posts containing both "Tebow" and "Cutler" supports this, though you are free to check for yourself. And just FYI, there is no quicker way to get on my bad side than by using strawman arguments or knowingly twisting my words. Just saying.

Quote:
how many GMs, head coaches, offensive coaches,QB coaches, are in the league?
they all past on tebow except the jets...
The Bills, Jaguars and Patriots all reportedly had their eyes on Tebow in the 2010 draft. Jacksonville was also pretty well confirmed to want a shot at Tebow before we traded him.
Quote:
what is he doing sitting on a bench..and what is cutler doing?
Given that Sanchez is one of the few veteran QBs with a worse rating than Cutler, that may well be changing soon.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:20 PM

Like I said the moderators deleted many of those debates...answer that...
Why didnt all these teams go after him when denver dumped him...[and why get rid of him if he had so much upside? are you saying elway wass wrong I think they were very smart denver is headed for the playoffs, with tebow there 0-4...] and you did say, tebow had more intangables, and a higher up side then jay...is sanchez 10-1 in his last eleven starts...what was his QB rating last game? dont a new system, bad oline, new coordinator. add into a QB rating? [I guess not because its cutler] these are the facts...sorry deal with them,tebow is a running back like urlacher said...some people just dont want to listen and understand...just saying...

Old 10-03-2012, 12:24 PM

but you did say tebow had more upside and better intangables then cutler and with proper coaching he would be a really good QB... I did say that, and stand by it. The first point isn't even remotely debatable by anyone with an ounce of objectivity, and the second one is still undecided.

WOW you still admit to that, I and other readers cant stop laughing, please keep posting we are all greatly entertained...just saying..

Old 10-03-2012, 12:30 PM

51,857 posts, read 41,758,040 times
I would note that focusing on QB rating makes the unspoken assumption that:

-Offensive line protection is uniform
-Receiving corps are uniform
-Cohesiveness of offensive schemes, personnell etc. are uniform
-Defense\special teams and starting field position are uniform

ANyone notice Kyle Ortons QB rating jumped 15pts when he went from the Bears to Denver?

Lastly, the 4 game sample size is laughable. If Cutler has 1 more game like last week his passer rating will be >90.

I mean if people want to get into a logical analysis of this then by all means we can but honestly I view Cutlers last 2 seasons with QB ratings in the mid to upper 80's as pretty dang good considering his lack of protection and receivers.

To turn around and dog on him after 3-4 games indicates insufficient weight is being applied to a small sample.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I would note that focusing on QB rating makes the unspoken assumption that:

-Offensive line protection is uniform
-Receiving corps are uniform
-Cohesiveness of offensive schemes, personnell etc. are uniform
-Defense\special teams and starting field position are uniform

ANyone notice Kyle Ortons QB rating jumped 15pts when he went from the Bears to Denver?

Lastly, the 4 game sample size is laughable. If Cutler has 1 more game like last week his passer rating will be >90.

I mean if people want to get into a logical analysis of this then by all means we can but honestly I view Cutlers last 2 seasons with QB ratings in the mid to upper 80's as pretty dang good considering his lack of protection and receivers.

To turn around and dog on him after 3-4 games indicates insufficient weight is being applied to a small sample.
AMEN SLAM DUNK...

Old 10-03-2012, 12:40 PM

I think it would be best to ignore boscoo on this thread...just saying...he has hung himself with his own tongue many times...

Old 10-03-2012, 12:49 PM

16,522 posts, read 20,961,579 times
Speaking of this thread, I think we've seen enough here, thank you very much.

Closed.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 10-03-2012 at 04:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or