U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 01:39 PM

3,965 posts, read 2,519,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Word is Revis tore his ACL against Miami yesterday and will miss the rest of the season. That's too bad and you never want to see a player go down for an entire season.
So now is it going to be "Kyle Wilson Island" for the Jets?

They may have problems.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:36 PM

13,343 posts, read 17,463,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
So now is it going to be "Kyle Wilson Island" for the Jets?

They may have problems.

Well, I think it's the Kyle Wilson Peninsula.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:01 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,437,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Some very interesting upsets yesterday in the NFL!

Oakland over Pittsburgh
Arizona over Philadelphia
Minnesota over San Francisco
Kansas City over New Orleans

I wouldn't consider the Cardinals winning a upset since both teams were 2-0 and the fact that the Cardinals has beaten better teams. Plus both teams were not in the playoffs last year so I;m not exactly sure what made the Cards win a upset when the Eagles squeaked by two teams two weeks in a row. Instead of a upset I would say it's a was loss that was long overdue since they have been losing in the 4th qtr of every game this season.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:05 PM

9,034 posts, read 16,466,881 times
yeah - the cardinals beat them up in Philly last year as well

still can't believe people were talking about vick leading that (or any) team to the SB

Old 09-24-2012, 05:08 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
yeah - the cardinals beat them up in Philly last year as well

still can't believe people were talking about vick leading that (or any) team to the SB

Yup they sure did. It was stated on the radio this morning that in Vick's last 16 starts, he has 20 turnovers

So that lets you know right there he is not a SB QB

Old 09-24-2012, 05:15 PM

6,556 posts, read 4,515,663 times
I don't know why everything thinking the Cheifs beating the Saints is any big surprise.....imo Jacksonville beating the Colts is a bigger surprise then the Chiefs beating the Saints. Face it, this Saints team just is not very good this year, they have no identity without Payton and a team that has an interim coach filling in for an interim coach (first time I've ever seen/heard that) will definitely have struggles. Saints will be lucky to finish 6-10 this year. Drew Brees can't play defense as well, and that defense is beyond atrocious as the Chiefs and Jamal Charles showed yesterday.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:19 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I don't know why everything thinking the Cheifs beating the Saints is any big surprise.....imo Jacksonville beating the Colts is a bigger surprise then the Chiefs beating the Saints. Face it, this Saints team just is not very good this year, they have no identity without Payton and a team that has an interim coach filling in for an interim coach (first time I've ever seen/heard that) will definitely have struggles. Saints will be lucky to finish 6-10 this year. Drew Brees can't play defense as well, and that defense is beyond atrocious as the Chiefs and Jamal Charles showed yesterday.
It was a surprise because the Saints were winning all day at home and the chiefs had yet to show this season they had any kind of offense.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:25 PM

16,534 posts, read 21,020,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I wouldn't consider the Cardinals winning a upset since both teams were 2-0 and the fact that the Cardinals has beaten better teams. Plus both teams were not in the playoffs last year so I;m not exactly sure what made the Cards win a upset when the Eagles squeaked by two teams two weeks in a row. Instead of a upset I would say it's a was loss that was long overdue since they have been losing in the 4th qtr of every game this season.
What I didn't do in that post was to include two words here- "Vegas odds."

There are a variety of Vegas oddsmakers online I take a look at just for kicks, such as Picks and Parlays, Touthouse, Las Vegas Line. The one that I generally see in most newspaper dailies that I've read over the years is Glantz Culver. Here is Glantz Culver picks for week 3 regarding the teams I noted in post #38.

Philadelphia opened with a 4 point pick over Arizona. It closed at 3 1/2.
New Orleans opened with a 10 point pick over Kansas City. It closed at 9.
Pittsburgh opened with a 4 1/2 point pick against Oakland. It closed at 3 1/2.
San Francisco was a 6 point pick against Minnesota. It closed at 6 1/2.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:33 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
What I didn't do in that post was to include two words here- "Vegas odds."

There are a variety of Vegas oddsmakers online I take a look at just for kicks, such as Picks and Parlays, Touthouse, Las Vegas Line. The one that I generally see in most newspaper dailies that I've read over the years is Glantz Culver. Here is Glantz Culver picks for week 3:

Philadelphia opened with a 4 point pick over Arizona. It closed at 3 1/2.
New Orleans opened with a 10 point pick over Kansas City. It closed at 9.
Pittsburgh opened with a 4 1/2 point pick against Oakland. It closed at 3 1/2.
San Francisco was a 6 point pick against Minnesota. It closed at 6 1/2.

Oh ok. I;m not sure why Vegas loves picking the Eagles when they have yet to cover a spread this season. I'm guessing Vegas will favor the Eagles by 6 this week against the Giants. If they factor in the Giants road play versus the Eagles overall play, the spread should be no higher than 3 pts

Old 09-24-2012, 07:56 PM

3,965 posts, read 2,519,992 times
Right now, the Seahawks have EIGHT (8!) sacks against Aaron Rogers and the Pack in just the first half!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or