U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 03:27 PM

3,242 posts, read 1,608,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Food for thought;
I wont argue with the results and prefer a run oriented offense myself but are the Seahawks a predominantly run team out of necessity or philosophy? Do they run more because they don't have an ELITE receiver or do they simply prefer to run.. Would they pass more if they had Julio Jones or Calvin Johnson running routes vs Golden Tate?

An even better question would be: Hypothetically of course, would the Seahawks front office trade Golden Tate for Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones today with no salary implications? Just a simply Player for player trade?

It is possible to be a run first offense and still have a HOF receiver... just ask Michael Irvin of the 90s Cowboys.
Seattle doesn't seem to have a problem competing big pass plays, Wilson seems to be on target most of the time. I maybe mistaken, but isn't Seattle the top big play team (20+ yards) in the NFC?

Okay I can buy the trade thingy except for one thing, I wouldn't trade for Julio Jones as it seems he is always hurt. Another problem is the Lions would never give up Johnson. But trade for him....in a New York minute if he was available. Hypothetically of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 03:48 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,959,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
I don't think a 3-8 Falcon team has anything to worry about come playoff time either.
Get some new material man... I could give a #*#& about the Falcons season that was over in week 4. If you wanna hurt my feelings you should talk about all the Super Bowls the Seahawks have won...

Oh wait... a common trait shared between our teams!

Tell me, is that why the Seattle fans get all butthurt when SF fans talk about Super Bowl trophies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
S I wouldn't trade for Julio Jones as it seems he is always hurt.
Not really... the season ending foot injury was the first significant injury of his 3 year career.

Last edited by Kees; 12-06-2013 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: ... typo

Old 12-07-2013, 08:40 PM

12,255 posts, read 18,019,422 times
Kees,

I am just curious. You are on here every day/week and talk a bunch of crap about the Seahawks. I get they are not your favorite team. But you are like on a mission or something, like you can't get enough.

Last edited by glass_of_merlot; 12-07-2013 at 08:52 PM..

Old 12-08-2013, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Kees,

I am just curious. You are on here every day/week and talk a bunch of crap about the Seahawks. I get they are not your favorite team. But you are like on a mission or something, like you can't get enough.
I'm just talking football. I disliked the 2000's Patriots and the 1990's Cowboys just the same... I'll shut up once the Seahawks are bounced from the playoffs.

Russell Wilson is a class act though. Maybe next year I'll jump on the bandwagon. It's already full this season.

Old 12-08-2013, 11:09 PM

2,176 posts, read 974,272 times
wilson is good but honestly is lacking talent around him. lynch is obviously a beast, miller is underused, tate is alright and thats about it. a bunch of other mediocre players. now if harvin can be who he once was that would help a lot.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:22 AM

Seattle Children's Hospital says 'thank you' to Russell & Ashton Wilson - Field Gulls

More reasons I like this guy. I just might have to go buy a #3 jersey.

Old 12-12-2013, 03:14 PM

2,149 posts, read 2,627,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Seattle Children's Hospital says 'thank you' to Russell & Ashton Wilson - Field Gulls

More reasons I like this guy. I just might have to go buy a #3 jersey.
You should. Those of us that have been around Russell for a while know this is just him being him. All around good person and just has that "it" factor in all facets really, whether you are talking life or football. He was like that in college at both NCSU and Wisconsin and still the same guy in the pros. Very consistent personally and professionally.

I love wearing my #3 jersey around town in NC as a) no one else is wearing one b) always gets compliments and c) its easy to feel good about wearing it when you're promoting a good person, not just football player.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:32 PM

28,269 posts, read 26,273,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Man, sometimes you guys make me feel like a hater LOL. Russell Wilson is good....damn good. But do we sometimes forget that he has the #2 running back in the NFL with Marshawn Lynch, and the #2 defense in the NFL....and the #1 homefield advantage possibly in ALL of American sports??
Alfred Morris has now rushed for more yards than Marshawn Lynch. So that's now one prong of your argument that has to go out of the window.

2013 NFL Player Rushing Stats - National Football League - ESPN

Old 12-17-2013, 03:38 PM

3,242 posts, read 1,608,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Alfred Morris has now rushed for more yards than Marshawn Lynch. So that's now one prong of your argument that has to go out of the window.

2013 NFL Player Rushing Stats - National Football League - ESPN
The problem with that statement is Marshawn Lynch is going to the playoffs and Alfred Morris isn't. Now which would you rather have on your team?

Old 12-17-2013, 11:52 PM

2,176 posts, read 974,272 times
lynch>>morris
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or