Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 06:27 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Most of your posts are Yawn
In not sure what his deal is. He is on here everyday bashing the Seahawks. It's freaking weird. It's like public enemy number one. I get if you are not a fan but common now. Just because you dislike a team or even think they are overrated, you can't argue that they are doing pretty good right now. Some people needs you swallow their pride sometimes. I be the first to say if Seahawks screwed or if they sucked. I am not one of those who thinks they will go all the way. It's way too early to tell. But to some people a team like Seahawks who have never won a super bowl, always kind of sucked, but now they are kicking as s , to some people that is a really hard pill you swallow and the excuses to their success are all over the place. My husband has been a fan sense ...almost sense the beginning, late 70's. He is so existed. I guess it's hard for some people to understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 11:44 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,603,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
In not sure what his deal is. He is on here everyday bashing the Seahawks. It's freaking weird. It's like public enemy number one. I get if you are not a fan but common now. Just because you dislike a team or even think they are overrated, you can't argue that they are doing pretty good right now. Some people needs you swallow their pride sometimes. I be the first to say if Seahawks screwed or if they sucked. I am not one of those who thinks they will go all the way. It's way too early to tell. But to some people a team like Seahawks who have never won a super bowl, always kind of sucked, but now they are kicking as s , to some people that is a really hard pill you swallow and the excuses to their success are all over the place. My husband has been a fan sense ...almost sense the beginning, late 70's. He is so existed. I guess it's hard for some people to understand.
You're right, I'm not a fan.

You're right, I'm not arguing that they are pretty good right now. They look great in fact.

This thread is about Russell Wilson... and I like the guy. I wish I could say the same for Sherman, Tate, and Carroll.

Tell your husband not to get too excited... it's been a while since the the #1 team that everyone talked about all season on the news and ESPN actually won the Super Bowl.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:56 AM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post

This thread is about Russell Wilson.
First time Russell Wilson's name has been mentioned in the last fifteen posts.

I see a lot of stuff here that needs to go. Not sure if I don't need to lock this altogether.

Closed for moderator review.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:13 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
First time Russell Wilson's name has been mentioned in the last fifteen posts.

I see a lot of stuff here that needs to go. Not sure if I don't need to lock this altogether.

Closed for moderator review.
Still haven't had time to purge this thread regarding posts that need to go.

Due to request, I'm going to re-open this thread. I'm also going to reword the thread title to Russell Wilson discussion thread.

Stay on topic. No personal attacks .I'm starting to get more active regarding inquiries to the Senior mods to have them check on newer members who are setting up with duplicate accounts. And with their contributions to this message board being iffy at best.

Thread re-opened.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:18 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,476,786 times
Russell is like a legion commander in the Roman Army. Tools and training designed to make a machine work. If he has the humility and intelligence to play that role, he can defeat people way more brilliant than he is. I think you could go back through eons and find the principle unwavering. History books remember only superstars, but every one of them stood or fell according to the effectiveness of their followers.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:06 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,273 times
I'm a Russell Wilson believer. I think he's arrived. It's astonishing how mature he is for someone who just completed only his second season in the league. I was already thinking highly of Wilson before the playoffs, but his performance against the 49ers was, in my opinion, indicative of a quarterback playing at the elite level. Statistically, he's not necessarily blowing up the stat sheet, but he makes huge plays again and again. You can't look past that. The Seahawks now are right where the 49ers were in 1981 or where the Patriots were in 2001. They're at the cusp of something big. Whether they get there or not remains to be seen, but if they do become the league's next great team, Wilson will no doubt have a lot to do with that. I really like this kid.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:09 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,155 times
Wilson is a great kid. I love his attitude. I guess the problem for him, if you call it a problem, is that when you have such a great defense you don't need to put up insane QB stats. Matter of fact, you shouldn't. An offense, like Denver, that scores tons of points does it for various reasons but mainly it's because they have to to win. Wilson doesn't need to. He just needs to move the ball methodically and not make errors. Which is exactly what he does. But he also has the added ability to make big plays if need be. He's a great fit in Seattle.

Last edited by biggunsmallbrains; 02-04-2014 at 01:20 PM..

Old 02-04-2014, 01:13 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Watching him in college there was never any doubt in my mind that he was the real deal.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:49 PM

380 posts, read 691,762 times
Regardless of what anyone thinks/thought about Russell Wilson, he just showed everyone with his leadership during the Super Bowl that he is a top-notch quarterback and a great leader. He not only demonstrated his physical ability to play the game, and play it well, he also exhibited the intellect needed to lead a team to the ultimate victory.

Most significantly, Russell Wilson is a devout Christian, who is very humble. He ALWAYS gives thanks, honor and appreciation to God in same way, form or fashion. If you know the Word of God, you hear this all the time when he speaks. When he said God had "brought him from a mighty long way" after winning the Super Bowl, that was enough said; those words-albeit simple-embodied the criticisms, the loss of his father, etc., to where he is today-a Lombardi trophy-holding quarterback. His athleticism, Christianity and intelligence will make him "a force to be recknoned with" in the game of football and beyond for many years to come.

Congratulations, Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks!

Old 02-04-2014, 01:51 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejuris View Post

Most significantly, Russell Wilson is a devout Christian, who is very humble.

I had no idea, despite watching dozens of interviews, that he was Christian and I hardly think that is the most important thing about him. Couldn't care less.

I do wish we could have won that rose bowl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football