Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 11:21 AM

852 posts, read 1,357,025 times

Advertisements

I am going to the Broncos game tomorrow against the Kansas City Chiefs in Arrowhead Stadium. We plan to wear our Broncos gear but I am wondering if we will be harassed. I suspect that there will be a lot of Bronco fans in attendance since it's relatively close to Denver. Does anyone have first hand experience going to Arrowhead as a visitor that can give me an idea as to what to expect? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2013, 12:36 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
Nice!

I am close friends with a couple and he is a Broncos fan while his wife is a Chiefs fan. They were at the game in Arrowhead a few years ago and one lady said to him that she hopes he gets AIDS and dies and it spreads to her for being married to a Broncos fan.

Sticks and stones, though. I'm sure you'll get nothing more than some verbal assaults and I would even be willing to bet some of it will be good natured. Just be a good sport and polite.

Go Broncos!

Old 11-30-2013, 01:17 PM

346 posts, read 482,200 times
You shouldn't have any trouble if you are civil. I've been there twice in orange gear and have to say Chiefs fans are among the classiest in the NFL.

Old 11-30-2013, 03:08 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
They are! Though incidents like the one iknowftbll happens, you see that in any stadium. There are always jerks in every city and it's not just limited to the stadiums either. I've been to Arrowhead a few times but not in the last several years. One thing about it, you'll run into a few bands there playing kick*** classic rock! And bar-b-ques? Oh yea! Have a great time out there!

Old 11-30-2013, 04:29 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
They are! Though incidents like the one iknowftbll happens, you see that in any stadium. There are always jerks in every city and it's not just limited to the stadiums either. I've been to Arrowhead a few times but not in the last several years. One thing about it, you'll run into a few bands there playing kick*** classic rock! And bar-b-ques? Oh yea! Have a great time out there!
Absolutely. I should have made that clear because I'm pretty sure there are Broncos fans out there who would not treat visiting fans any better. I'm pretty sure some of that goes on in every stadium every week.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:04 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
Its not like Philly or Oakland where there are folks looking for fights. Probably some trash talk like at any stadium.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:25 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,585,656 times
I'm a lifelong Chiefs fan. As long as you aren't being obnoxious you should be fine. You are going to get a little heckling, but it shouldn't be too big. We aren't the Raiders.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:27 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,601,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Its not like Philly or Oakland where there are folks looking for fights. Probably some trash talk like at any stadium.
Seattle police has undercover officers wearing opposing teams jerseys at home games this year... due to harassment reports and assaults.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:40 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,025 times
Thanks everybody. We had a great time at Arrowhead Stadium. There was some good natured heckling but nothing more.

Old 12-03-2013, 02:23 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Absolutely. I should have made that clear because I'm pretty sure there are Broncos fans out there who would not treat visiting fans any better. I'm pretty sure some of that goes on in every stadium every week.
I can vouch for that. I go to the Chargers/Broncos game every year and I get some guys that are seriously angry at me for just wearing a Chargers hat. Had one guy threaten to push me down the stairs. Good thing the Chargers had a huge lead at half because he left. I don't mind fun ribbing but to get angry over a game and another fan is stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football