U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 06:02 AM

23,703 posts, read 33,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Thursday:

AZ @ StL

Sunday:

PHI @ PIT
GB @ IND
CLE @ NYG
ATL @ WAS
MIA @ CIN
BAL @ KC
SEA @ CAR
CHI @ JAC
DEN @ NE
BUF @ SF
TEN @ MIN
SD @ NO (Sunday Night)

Monday:

HOU @ NYJ
PIT
GB
NYG
CIN
BAL
CAR
CHI
DEN
SF
MIN
SD
HOU

Upset Special: WAS over ATL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 06:50 AM

5,886 posts, read 4,209,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Thursday:

AZ @ StL

Sunday:

PHI @ PIT
GB @ IND
CLE @ NYG
ATL @ WAS
MIA @ CIN
BAL @ KC
SEA @ CAR
CHI @ JAC
DEN @ NE
BUF @ SF
TEN @ MIN
SD @ NO (Sunday Night)

Monday:

HOU @ NYJ
This is a winnable game for my Vikes so I picked them. That means they'll probably lose.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:56 AM

6,784 posts, read 10,214,217 times
Thursday:

AZ @ StL

Sunday:

PHI @ PIT
GB @ IND
CLE @ NYG
ATL @ WAS
MIA @ CIN
BAL @ KC
SEA @ CAR
CHI @ JAC
DEN @ NE
BUF @ SF
TEN @ MIN
SD @ NO (Sunday Night)

Monday:

HOU @ NYJ

Old 10-04-2012, 05:17 PM

1,080 posts, read 831,826 times
Rams

Old 10-04-2012, 05:40 PM

28,786 posts, read 15,602,860 times
Week 5

Az @ StL - Az 23-20

Mia @ Cin - Cin 27-17
GB @ Ind - GB 27-20
Bal @ KC - Bal 31-20
Cle @ NYG - NYG 27-9
Phi @ Pit - Pit 26-23
Atl @ Was - Atl 33-27

Sea @ Car - Car 34-20
Chi @ Jac - Chi 24-13
Ten @ Min - Ten 24-20
Den @ NE - Den 30-28
Buf @ SF - SF 30-13

SD @ NO - NO 41-34

Hou @ NYJ - Hou 28-17

Bye - Dal, Det, TB, Oak
--------------------------------
Second week in a row the Thurs. night game features old and new franchises from the same city - also Az/Stl is the only divisional contest of the week.

Cin, Min quietly having good seasons and are at home with winnable games

Brees against his old team on Sunday night

Manning vs. Brady once again

Texans get to show why they are #1 in many power rankings

Old 10-04-2012, 07:54 PM

18,509 posts, read 28,276,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Week 5

Texans get to show why they are #1 in many power rankings
do you really get to show why you are number one by playing a team that got blown out the week before??

Whether they win or lose against the Nets, I think their chances to impress will be when they play Green Bay next week and the Ravens the week after

Old 10-05-2012, 06:43 AM

11,741 posts, read 11,600,454 times
I am looking forward to the Houston game, can't wait. I really like JJ Watt out of Wisconsin, he is on a roll this year. I think the Packers will be really up for that game. Houston hasn't been playing teams from the cream of the crop.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:56 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,606,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Houston hasn't been playing teams from the cream of the crop.
I totally agree. Not to take anything away from them, Houston looks really good and they're my #2 team in the NFL. But they've played Miami, Jacksonville, Denver and Tennessee so far. And now they're going to play a horrible Jets team that's coming off a 34-0 blowout.

Their true test for the season starts next week, with Green Bay and Ravens back to back. Of course, they're lucky enough to get both of those games at home.

::edit:: holy crap! I just looked at Houston's entire schedule for this year, they must have one of the easiest schedules in the NFL. I know they can't help who they play, but wow...they got it easy. I fully expect them to have home field advantage through the entire playoffs.

This could be their year.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:01 AM

18,509 posts, read 28,276,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I totally agree. Not to take anything away from them, Houston looks really good and they're my #2 team in the NFL. But they've played Miami, Jacksonville, Denver and Tennessee so far. And now they're going to play a horrible Jets team that's coming off a 34-0 blowout.

Their true test for the season starts next week, with Green Bay and Ravens back to back. Of course, they're lucky enough to get both of those games at home.

::edit:: holy crap! I just looked at Houston's entire schedule for this year, they must have one of the easiest schedules in the NFL. I know they can't help who they play, but wow...they got it easy. I fully expect them to have home field advantage through the entire playoffs.

This could be their year.
I agree with you, but two things:

1. They have been playing well regardless of the teams they play. LOL, the goal keeps moving for the Texans. First it was the Broncos that was supposed to be the first real them they played, then it was pushed back to the Jets, now the Packers. I do agree though, the Packers and Ravens will be their first really tough ones. I predict that they will beat the Ravens though

2. The schedule looks easy because the AFC south is weak this year. Because the Titans, Colts and Jags are in their division they have 8 games that seem easy. But they also have to play the Packers, the Ravens, the Bills, the Bears, the Patriots, the Vikings and the Lions. That is tougher than the Falcons whose only challenge this year will be the Giants. I can show you at least 10 teams with easier schedules

anyway, a team is a team and you never know which one is gonna surprise you.

PS, congrats to the Rams on their win.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:34 AM

28,786 posts, read 15,602,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
do you really get to show why you are number one by playing a team that got blown out the week before??

Whether they win or lose against the Nets, I think their chances to impress will be when they play Green Bay next week and the Ravens the week after
If they blow them out - then yes.

They don't get much national TV exposure. Now they get the next two weeks - maybe three with the Ravens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or