U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 09:18 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,293,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
They are both on CBS because in the 2 late games, both visiting teams are AFC teams. So with that schedule, FOX doesn't have a choice. (If visitor is AFC, CBS gets the broadcast. If visitor is NFC, FOX gets the broadcast.) Besides, the NFL rules only allow one of those two networks to have a double-header. If CBS has it, then FOX can only broadcast 1 game. And vice versa. Though it seems like at least twice this season so far there have only been 2 games broadcast. One at 1PM on CBS and one at 4PM on FOX and that was it. I hate when they do that because there isn't another game to flip to during commercials. So twice this year even when there were games for both FOX and CBS to air, they still only showed one game at 1PM and one game at 4PM.

Even when it's not a fox doubleheader weekend it was still 1 game at 4pm while CBS had 2 or 3 games. There should never be a time when it's zero games on CBS or FOX at 4pm. And Fox decides to air a baseball game at 4pm when they can air it at 8pm like last week

And the game at 4pm on Fox would have been seattle at san fran but stupid goddell had thursday night games every week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 09:30 AM

4,164 posts, read 4,616,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Even when it's not a fox doubleheader weekend it was still 1 game at 4pm while CBS had 2 or 3 games. There should never be a time when it's zero games on CBS or FOX at 4pm. And Fox decides to air a baseball game at 4pm when they can air it at 8pm like last week

And the game at 4pm on Fox would have been seattle at san fran but stupid goddell had thursday night games every week
I agree that I'm not a fan of the Thursday night games, partly because we refuse to pay Comcast more just to get the NFL Network. I also don't like that it gives some teams just a 4 day week to prepare. Wasn't there one season, maybe 8 or 9 years ago, that they tried Saturday night games in December after college football ended? I guess that didn't go over to well.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
I agree that I'm not a fan of the Thursday night games, partly because we refuse to pay Comcast more just to get the NFL Network. I also don't like that it gives some teams just a 4 day week to prepare. Wasn't there one season, maybe 8 or 9 years ago, that they tried Saturday night games in December after college football ended? I guess that didn't go over to well.
It's Saturday Night games every December and it's been that way as long as I been watching the NFL which is 1988

Old 10-17-2012, 10:02 AM

The only Saturday night game this year is Week 16, which is Christmas weekend. And Week 16 and 17 don't have Thursday night games. For obvious reasons, Week 17 doesn't have Thursday night game.

Honestly, perhaps a better question is, why were there only 2 teams on a bye week in Week 4? That is the reason that one other week has to have 6 teams on a bye week.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:22 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,413,148 times
Quote:
2 NFL Games on the schedule

Two games on CBS at 4pm

1. Jets at Pats

2. Jags at Raiders

And Zero games on Fox at 4pm.

Can anyone remember a time when there has only been 2 games at 4pm? Well this is a result of 6 teams having a bye and 2 teams playing on Thursday Night. This is a horrible schedule for fans who love watching football on sundays. This is why I hate Roger Goddell because there should never be six teams having a bye on the same weekend. And don't even get me started on the Thursday games. This clown is ruining football on sunday and I guess it won't be no 4pm games in another 5 years. Horrible.
And to top it all off... those are two DOG games. Redzone should issue credits for this week.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
And to top it all off... those are two DOG games. Redzone should issue credits for this week.
Well the Pats and Jets has a little intrigue because it's a battle for 1st place and the Pats are coming off a loss.

But the Jags at raiders should only be on CBS radio LOL

Old 10-17-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
The only Saturday night game this year is Week 16, which is Christmas weekend. And Week 16 and 17 don't have Thursday night games. For obvious reasons, Week 17 doesn't have Thursday night game.

Honestly, perhaps a better question is, why were there only 2 teams on a bye week in Week 4? That is the reason that one other week has to have 6 teams on a bye week.
Well I;m glad to hear that because with the combination of the Thursday and Saturday games, there would be 0 games at 4pm LOL

Old 10-17-2012, 11:14 AM

21,499 posts, read 11,599,413 times
Sunday is my day to waste watching football. I completely agree.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Well I;m glad to hear that because with the combination of the Thursday and Saturday games, there would be 0 games at 4pm LOL
I looked back at past seasons. I was thinking of early 2000s (2002, 2003,2004, maybe 2005) when the last 2 or 3 weeks of the season they had 3 games on Saturday as well as the usual Sunday games, Monday night, and Thursday night games. The last handful of season have only had 1 week with a Saturday night game, usually week 15 or 16, with the exception of 2 years ago when Christmas fell on a Sunday and all the games were moved to Saturday the 24th. Looking ahead this season, even after the bye weeks are over, there are a lot of Sundays with only two or three 4pm games. But this is the only weekend where all 4pm games are on just one network.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:23 AM

3,722 posts, read 3,878,758 times
FOX is showing a potential game 6 of the NLCS at 4 pm on Sunday. So that's probably why they aren't showing a 4 pm game. Besides, during when the bye weeks are going on, there is usually 3-4 4pm games anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or