Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the most intriguing divisonal race ATM?
NFC East 3 15.00%
NFC North 11 55.00%
NFC South 0 0%
NFC West 0 0%
AFC East 3 15.00%
AFC North 0 0%
AFC South 0 0%
AFC West 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 10:46 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,599,312 times

Advertisements

So I was perusing the standings a moment ago, and while some divisions look to have obvious winners already (NFC south, AFC North and South), the majority at least look to have two pretty even contenders, and some are way closer than that. The AFC east is a dead heat, the NFC West has three teams at 4-2 and the Rams at 3-3, no team in the NFC east has played well consistently, the Bears have a load of question marks in the NFC central, and tomorrow night's MNF game is going to be crucial in the AFC west.

As of right now, what do you feel is the most intriguing divisional race, based on uncertainty over the final standings as well as potential playoff implications?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 01:30 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
AFC East and AFC North have captured my interest so far. I'm certain the Pats will win their division this season, but they aren't going to look good doing it, which makes things interesting in the post season. AFC North is closer than the standings would indicate, I think the Steelers are better than their record and will pick it up in the middle to end of the season. Denver and San Diego look like sleepers this season and I think one of them is going to pull an upset in the post season. Not saying they are going all the way, but I think one of them knocks off a favorite.

NFC East will be interesting too, curious to see how the Giants fair against the Skins and if they can contain Griffin.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:15 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,678,682 times
I think the AFC West was decided last night.
Denver started with a brutel schedule (Houston, NE & Atlanta).
But after the bye, they could go 8-2 or better.

Who would you rather have as QB?

Philip "cry me a" River

or

PEYTON FRIKKEN MANNING!!!

PS: Don't think either Oakland or KC can bounce back, but as we know either is capable of an upset or two.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:39 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
Packers beat the Bears and rest of division games come at the end of the season. If Packers keep playing like they were Sunday night, it will Packers/Bears duking it out. At the moment, Bears have the better record, but Packers aren't out.

With Packers doing their win one, lose one routine, many were saying this is going to be Bears/Vikes this time.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:08 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
I think it's the NFC north hands down because you have a real dog-fight where anyone could make a reasonable case for the Packers, Vikes, Bears or Lions to make the playoffs and fight for the division title.

At a minimum, all 4 of those teams are at least average...there are no "easy" teams in that division.

That's what makes it interesting to me, because even if one of the teams falls behind the group, they can play spoiler and that can also factor into the 2nd tie-breaker criteria if say the Bears and Packers finish with the same record and 1-1 against each other.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:55 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,452,401 times
After last night I would say its the AFC west....

Old 10-16-2012, 11:55 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,485,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
After last night I would say its the AFC west....
Really? I'd say its pretty clear that the Broncos are the class of that division.

Even if the Chargers hang with them, thats likely to only be a two division team race at best, not sure how that can be the most intiguing.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:56 PM

2,042 posts, read 2,903,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think it's the NFC north hands down because you have a real dog-fight where anyone could make a reasonable case for the Packers, Vikes, Bears or Lions to make the playoffs and fight for the division title.

At a minimum, all 4 of those teams are at least average...there are no "easy" teams in that division.

That's what makes it interesting to me, because even if one of the teams falls behind the group, they can play spoiler and that can also factor into the 2nd tie-breaker criteria if say the Bears and Packers finish with the same record and 1-1 against each other.
I agree with this post totally.
Obviously, if the Packers play like they did against the Texans, I don't see them losing more than 1 or 2 more games, ending up around 12-4 or 11-5. I think the Bears will end up around 10-6, and the Vikings and Lions will end up between 7-9 and 9-7. (I haven't done all the calculations, so I can't say for sure that these records are mathematically possible.)
No cupcakes in that division.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:02 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Agreed.

Besides the Broncos, the AFC West is weaksauce. lol

Old 10-16-2012, 04:13 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times
the NFC West has 3 teams with a winning record

the AFC Conference has 2...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football