Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 06:52 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,076,782 times

Advertisements

Pretty sure the Pats lost those 2 Super Bowls due to the Giants D-line and 2 incredible catches, one of which was possibly the biggest catch of all time. But if you want to dwell on spygate go right ahead, perhaps whichever team you cheer on might wanna try it out, maybe they will win a Super Bowl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 07:48 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Well, after the video taping game, he actually won 17 straight games before losing on a fluke in the SB.
So the helmet catch by David Tyree was a fluke, and not just an AMAZING play?

How many fluke pass interference calls were there in week 17 when the Pats won that last game against the Giants to go undefeated?

There's no doubt that Belichik is one of the greatest coaches of all time, but I wonder what he would've done in NE without Brady. Now granted he deserves all the credit because he's the one who took a chance and drafted Tom in the 6th round when nobody else wanted him, but still.

I guess you could say that for just about every great coach in sports history. What would Phil jackson be without MJ23 and Kobe? Who is Mike Shanahan without Elway?

Old 10-31-2012, 10:14 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,485,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
So the helmet catch by David Tyree was a fluke, and not just an AMAZING play?

How many fluke pass interference calls were there in week 17 when the Pats won that last game against the Giants to go undefeated?
It was an amazing play, but also flukey, yes. Most great plays in sports are. Results of a single, close game, hang on a thread and sometimes it takes fortune, as well as skill to win. Sports fans get upset by this notion, somehow thinking it takes away from the win, but it does not.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:27 AM

No arguments there, I agree with you.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:59 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Pretty sure the Pats lost those 2 Super Bowls due to the Giants D-line and 2 incredible catches, one of which was possibly the biggest catch of all time. But if you want to dwell on spygate go right ahead, perhaps whichever team you cheer on might wanna try it out, maybe they will win a Super Bowl.
If Belichick is such a genius how'd he manage to loose to the Cardinals this year?

Stop. I'll make it easy for you and tell you. He got out-coached. By the Cardinals' Defensive coach, Ray Horton. (Keep an eye on him. He'll be a HC. It's just a matter of when and for which team.)

Old 10-31-2012, 10:33 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,990,645 times
Bill Belichick is a genius when it comes to cheating. What I find ironic is that he has never won a Superbowl since the alleged "Spygate" incident. Even though I hate the Giants, I'm glad they were able to expose him for what he truly was.

Last edited by gwillyfromphilly; 10-31-2012 at 11:55 PM..

Old 11-01-2012, 05:46 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,076,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
If Belichick is such a genius how'd he manage to loose to the Cardinals this year?

Stop. I'll make it easy for you and tell you. He got out-coached. By the Cardinals' Defensive coach, Ray Horton. (Keep an eye on him. He'll be a HC. It's just a matter of when and for which team.)
When Horton hears a Hoot wins a Super Bowl, I listen to yah.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
When Horton hears a Hoot wins a Super Bowl, I listen to yah.
Ouch! LOL

Old 11-01-2012, 08:14 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,798,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Bill Belichick is a genius when it comes to cheating. What I find ironic is that he has never won a Superbowl since the alleged "Spygate" incident. Even though I hate the Giants, I'm glad they were able to expose him for what he truly was.
Remember that time Philadelphia lost 3 straight NFC title games? And then on the 4th try they finally made it to the Super Bowl only to lose to New England. Sounds like someone has sour grapes over Philadelphia's inability to win big games in the playoffs.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:22 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,871,176 times
I think Belicheat and Brady are scheduled to fly down to NJ and shine Eli and TC's shoes!!
NOW GO GET YOUR SHINEBOX!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football