U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-11-2012, 08:39 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,503 posts, read 15,462,232 times
Reputation: 11418

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
False, Primetime showed highlights of every game. And what does the NFLN have to do with ESPN doing primetime?
I second the bold above. I think they had various people do the lower tier games. I enjoyed the show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-11-2012, 08:48 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,329,545 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I second the bold above. I think they had various people do the lower tier games. I enjoyed the show.

Yes they did

Robin Roberts
Bill Pidto
Stuart Scott
Pete Axthem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2012, 08:55 PM
 
Location: Here or There
3,961 posts, read 2,513,668 times
Reputation: 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
False, Primetime showed highlights of every game. And what does the NFLN have to do with ESPN doing primetime?
I thought it was NFLN, but it was NBC...from Wikipedia:

"When NBC acquired the rights for Sunday night games beginning in the 2006 season, NBC negotiated for exclusive rights for extended highlights during its Football Night in America pregame show. ESPN responded by moving the show to Mondays and splitting the program into two versions. ESPN shows NFL Primetime in its old format during the playoffs."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2012, 09:29 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,329,545 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I thought it was NFLN, but it was NBC...from Wikipedia:

"When NBC acquired the rights for Sunday night games beginning in the 2006 season, NBC negotiated for exclusive rights for extended highlights during its Football Night in America pregame show. ESPN responded by moving the show to Mondays and splitting the program into two versions. ESPN shows NFL Primetime in its old format during the playoffs."


Sucks, I don't even watch it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 07:07 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,628 posts, read 4,225,826 times
Reputation: 4582
I know the show used to be a MUST SEE as did the pregame ESPN show but anymore the NFL on ESPN is almost un-watchable. I spend most of my Sunday post and pregame time on the NFL Network. They just put a better product on TV than ESPN does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 09:16 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,329,545 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I know the show used to be a MUST SEE as did the pregame ESPN show but anymore the NFL on ESPN is almost un-watchable. I spend most of my Sunday post and pregame time on the NFL Network. They just put a better product on TV than ESPN does.

I agree, NFL Network has the better highlights but the problem is when it comes on . It comes on at 12am but that is interfering with the Sunday Game and post game. I think it should be 12:30am
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 09:25 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,503 posts, read 15,462,232 times
Reputation: 11418
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Yes they did

Robin Roberts
Bill Pidto
Stuart Scott
Pete Axthem
I thought I remembered Stu Scott doing those highlights. I remember Robin Roberts. Forgot about the Ax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 09:30 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,329,545 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I thought I remembered Stu Scott doing those highlights. I remember Robin Roberts. Forgot about the Ax.

Yeah Robin Roberts did it in 1990 to like 1992


Stuart Scott did it in like 1997
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2012, 12:33 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
13,343 posts, read 17,418,107 times
Reputation: 19654
I do miss the Berman/TJ show. I know alot of people hated Berman-isms and he may be a blowhard but I enjoyed it:

-- He. Could. Go. All. The. Way.
-- Nobody circles the wagon like the Buffalo Bills
-- Intercepted by Ray Buchanan FROM: Louisville
-- Rumbling, tumbling, bumbling
-- Natron "Refried" Means
-- Eric "Sleeping With" Bienemy
-- Michael "Como Esta" Husted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2012, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Bel Air, California
21,333 posts, read 21,906,527 times
Reputation: 33531
anything that keeps that dumas Berman off the air, I'm in favor of. How anybody could think that he has any worthwhile traits is an even bigger stooge than Berman is. If he was any more of a dip-**** he wouldn't be able to breathe. If he was on fire, I'd let him burn and then i'd kick his ashey corpse into the gutter and then...wait a minute, which one is Berman again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top