U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-13-2012, 01:52 PM
 
Location: 3219'03.7"N 10643'55.9"W
8,114 posts, read 17,318,097 times
Reputation: 7281

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
I do miss the Berman/TJ show. I know alot of people hated Berman-isms and he may be a blowhard but I enjoyed it:

-- He. Could. Go. All. The. Way.
-- Nobody circles the wagon like the Buffalo Bills
-- Intercepted by Ray Buchanan FROM: Louisville
-- Rumbling, tumbling, bumbling
-- Natron "Refried" Means
-- Eric "Sleeping With" Bienemy
-- Michael "Como Esta" Husted
Berman's got a lot of miles on him now, though, and his schtick has grown old. You are getting a younger, different demographic tuning into these broadcasts now. Another thing is that with the ascent of video streaming shortly after games are concluded, you can go into a number of free sites and watch the highlights of the games you want to see. The versatility of the internet and being able to view what you want almost on demand has inexorably altered the pre and post game shows. People, now more than ever, are only tuning in for just the games themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-13-2012, 01:57 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
13,343 posts, read 17,392,796 times
Reputation: 19654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
.wait a minute, which one is Berman again?
The guy that did that thing that one time. Remember?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2012, 02:25 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,611 posts, read 50,267,937 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Berman's got a lot of miles on him now, though, and his schtick has grown old. You are getting a younger, different demographic tuning into these broadcasts now. Another thing is that with the ascent of video streaming shortly after games are concluded, you can go into a number of free sites and watch the highlights of the games you want to see. The versatility of the internet and being able to view what you want almost on demand has inexorably altered the pre and post game shows. People, now more than ever, are only tuning in for just the games themselves.

Well I prefer to watch highlights on my TV screen while I eat dinner. Not on my laptop on a condensed screen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2012, 07:22 PM
 
Location: The "Rock"
2,551 posts, read 2,412,190 times
Reputation: 1322
TVandSportsGuy

I have to rep you for this thread. I miss Primetime too. I loved that show. It's how I kept up with the league. They showed every game. It was great for its time.

The highlight shows now pale in comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2012, 07:48 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,611 posts, read 50,267,937 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
TVandSportsGuy

I have to rep you for this thread. I miss Primetime too. I loved that show. It's how I kept up with the league. They showed every game. It was great for its time.

The highlight shows now pale in comparison.


Yes, every game got 3 mins of highlights regardless if the final score was 34-31 or 3-0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2012, 08:32 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,628 posts, read 4,219,691 times
Reputation: 4582
I do NOT watch NBC's football night in America.. unwatchable IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2012, 10:29 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,611 posts, read 50,267,937 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I do NOT watch NBC's football night in America.. unwatchable IMO.

Me either, between 7pm and 8:30pm, I;m watching OT on FOX and preparing dinner for the start of the Sunday Night game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2012, 01:10 AM
 
2,653 posts, read 4,721,357 times
Reputation: 1904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
TVandSportsGuy

I have to rep you for this thread. I miss Primetime too. I loved that show. It's how I kept up with the league. They showed every game. It was great for its time.

The highlight shows now pale in comparison.
Me three.... I loved the old Primetime show, and even Berman's goofy schtick - ya gotta admit some of the nicknames were pretty frickin funny - best way to keep up on all the goings on in the league.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2012, 01:12 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,611 posts, read 50,267,937 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
Me three.... I loved the old Primetime show, and even Berman's goofy schtick - ya gotta admit some of the nicknames were pretty frickin funny - best way to keep up on all the goings on in the league.


I think my favorite nickname from his is the one he had for the Falcons wide receiver

Andre "I see a bad moon" Rison
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2012, 06:35 AM
 
Location: Born & Raised DC > Carolinas > Seattle > Denver
9,349 posts, read 5,560,851 times
Reputation: 9446
Stumbled upon it last week.

Nfl primetime still comes in, its on monday evenings now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top