Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 10:47 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times

Advertisements

Remember back in the day when you looked forward to watching Chris Berman and Tom jackson on NFL Primetime based on how wild all the games were during the day? You saw 3 min highlights for every game played not just the highlights of when a team scored. Also during those days all late games started at 4pm not 4:25pm like they do now. And after all the highlights on NFL Primetime you were led into the Sunday Night Game with Mike Patrick and Joe Theismann.

Today in 2012 you get highlights from Dan Patrick, Tony Dungy, and Rodney Harrison on NBC at 7pm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 11:49 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
I believe its still on, but now just part of Sportscenter. Chris and Tom are still on ESPN...after the late games...I think.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I believe its still on, but now just part of Sportscenter. Chris and Tom are still on ESPN...after the late games...I think.

No it's not the same, they do something called the Blitz on the 11pm SportsCenter and they only show highlights of the top matchups. And I don't why they have on Primetime on Monday afternoons because by that time who cares about highlights?? lol

Old 11-11-2012, 12:52 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,221,658 times
Primetime sucked - they didn't show all the team either

Also, I for one love a 4:25 start time - mainly because my team is on the west coast and it's no fun when you join in progress because some crappy early game went long ..... unfortunately, the vast majority of afternoon games are still at the earlier start time

At least this year it's been worked out on Sunday Ticket so I don't actually miss the start, so it's the opposite where I have to choose between watching some of the exciting finishes of early games on the red zone channel or flipping over to the start of my game

Old 11-11-2012, 01:54 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,160,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Remember back in the day when you looked forward to watching Chris Berman and Tom jackson on NFL Primetime based on how wild all the games were during the day? You saw 3 min highlights for every game played not just the highlights of when a team scored. Also during those days all late games started at 4pm not 4:25pm like they do now. And after all the highlights on NFL Primetime you were led into the Sunday Night Game with Mike Patrick and Joe Theismann.

Today in 2012 you get highlights from Dan Patrick, Tony Dungy, and Rodney Harrison on NBC at 7pm
I miss the 7pm Saturday night highlights from the prior weeks games. Remember all the great music associated with those games?

Old 11-11-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Primetime sucked - they didn't show all the team either

Also, I for one love a 4:25 start time - mainly because my team is on the west coast and it's no fun when you join in progress because some crappy early game went long ..... unfortunately, the vast majority of afternoon games are still at the earlier start time

At least this year it's been worked out on Sunday Ticket so I don't actually miss the start, so it's the opposite where I have to choose between watching some of the exciting finishes of early games on the red zone channel or flipping over to the start of my game

They showed highlights of all the games, but had another person who sat next to Chris berman show highlights of the games with bad teams. His name was Bill Pidto

Old 11-11-2012, 01:12 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,221,658 times
No they didn't .... Much like inside the NFL the show moved more to discussion about draw teams and less about highlights

Although very little was better than the old inside the NFL, with the nfl films production etc

Old 11-11-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
No they didn't .... Much like inside the NFL the show moved more to discussion about draw teams and less about highlights

Although very little was better than the old inside the NFL, with the nfl films production etc

I never cared for those highlights on Inside the NFL since it was in NFL Films format. I preferred the highlights on George Michael Sports Machine.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:39 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,420 times
Someone told me that ESPN does not do Primetime anymore because NFLN basically wanted to do their own highlights (come to think of it, I may have said that here before).

Plus, if I recall right, Primetime didnt show all the games.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Someone told me that ESPN does not do Primetime anymore because NFLN basically wanted to do their own highlights (come to think of it, I may have said that here before).

Plus, if I recall right, Primetime didnt show all the games.

False, Primetime showed highlights of every game. And what does the NFLN have to do with ESPN doing primetime?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football