U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 01:42 PM

17,579 posts, read 39,939,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Mcnabb's wasn't his guy to begin with, he was traded to the skins and had higher expectations than they do for RG3 because of his overall career.
Are you drunk?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2012, 01:48 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,541,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Are you drunk?

Are you telling me that when a team gets a 35 year old QB they are not less patient??? Of course they expect more from a guy who was in the league for 10 years versus someone who is a rookie.

They wanted mcnabb to start off playing well like Peyton is doing now but it never happened

Old 11-23-2012, 01:50 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,867,053 times
Quote:
I don't recall predicting a SB win.
No you didn't... You predicted 2 or 3!! I'll go digging in your old posts...

Old 11-23-2012, 01:58 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post

Please do and if I did I must have given a good reason

Old 11-23-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Are you telling me that when a team gets a 35 year old QB they are not less patient??? Of course they expect more from a guy who was in the league for 10 years versus someone who is a rookie.

They wanted mcnabb to start off playing well like Peyton is doing now but it never happened
Because he sucked at that point. It was a horrible move to get him. Any expectations they had just shows crappy team management.

Old 11-23-2012, 02:02 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Because he sucked at that point. It was a horrible move to get him. Any expectations they had just shows crappy team management.

The coaches didn't use him the right way

Old 11-23-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
The coaches didn't use him the right way
True. They tried to use him as a QB.

Old 11-23-2012, 03:00 PM

6,784 posts, read 10,214,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Sigh....

Quote:
True. They tried to use him as a QB.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:29 PM

708 posts, read 859,617 times
Default McNabb memories

Somehow in the age of McNabb and Vick; it seems that even while in the lead and sometimes by a significant score they always seemed to be playing like they wanted to hold the lead or catch up rather than administer a punishment like the true gladiators New England. Its annoying. You don't smell blood you sense fear and now its got to the point that regardless of the lead you just seem to expect them to either throw a key interception or fumble the ball. How is it that you can be driving down the road hear they are on the 7 yard line and fear that the other team may score a touchdown on some poorly executed play. I hear all about arms -- I'd take a quarterback with a touch anyday. You throw a ball like you are throwing it against a wall and you will get the same result of throwing it at an actual wall. They need a quarterback with that gifted touch, the ability to analyze defenses, that can hold on to the ball and hits the target with a manageable pass not one that you have to dive back 8 yards to receive or one that you have to be fearful for your life because its thrown into a defenders area who has already began delivering the tackle. Eagles offense is boring. The play that got my attention was the shuffle pass that had been executed wrong -- it shows some design and imagination. I always picture Vick entering the huddle and saying: "Look guys lets keep this close" instead of "Lets kick their ----".

Old 11-24-2012, 12:33 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Barnes View Post
Somehow in the age of McNabb and Vick; it seems that even while in the lead and sometimes by a significant score they always seemed to be playing like they wanted to hold the lead or catch up rather than administer a punishment like the true gladiators New England. Its annoying. You don't smell blood you sense fear and now its got to the point that regardless of the lead you just seem to expect them to either throw a key interception or fumble the ball. How is it that you can be driving down the road hear they are on the 7 yard line and fear that the other team may score a touchdown on some poorly executed play. I hear all about arms -- I'd take a quarterback with a touch anyday. You throw a ball like you are throwing it against a wall and you will get the same result of throwing it at an actual wall. They need a quarterback with that gifted touch, the ability to analyze defenses, that can hold on to the ball and hits the target with a manageable pass not one that you have to dive back 8 yards to receive or one that you have to be fearful for your life because its thrown into a defenders area who has already began delivering the tackle. Eagles offense is boring. The play that got my attention was the shuffle pass that had been executed wrong -- it shows some design and imagination. I always picture Vick entering the huddle and saying: "Look guys lets keep this close" instead of "Lets kick their ----".
Please don't compare Mcnabb's legacy as a Eagle QB with Vick because Mcnabb has far more success and there are on different levels

In Mcnabb's first 3 years

2000-Divisional Playoff Round
2001-NFC Championship
2002-NFC Championship

Vick's first 3 seasons
2010-NFC Wildcard game
2011-No playoffs
2012-no playoffs

See the difference? I would hope they are not being compared for other reasons
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football