Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 04:40 PM
Status: "I know more about hot air than most people do. Lol" (set 15 days ago)

929 posts, read 1,213,126 times

Advertisements

After a challenging year in Philadelphia in their major sports arenas; you begin to think what caused the Baseball and Football downfalls. In Baseball it was gut wrenching watching a Philly favorite hit a couple of home runs for the New York Yankees; and to watch an ex-outfielder help put superlative in the sentence with the Washington Nationals not taking anything away from their pitching but Philly is a testamony that its not all about Pitching. Now come the analysis of the Eagles -- I can't watch San Francisco 49'er ball -- why because I am becoming a fan and Akers is no small reason he just goes out there and does his job from week to week unlike what you can say about the rest of the eagles and our defense stunted buy "ashama" watchamacallit. Andy and Charlie are still among the best coaches to ever deliver in Philly and I sure wish they might be treated with some respect. 610 radio in Philadelphia should be changed to 666 because all they deliver is the devil. I saw the last game and the quarterback looked like he should have been palying for some high school and what made me most ill was the crazy straight ahead hand off and a pass into traffic which could get a running back killed. I know it will get better and not because of the noisy peanut gallery but because the coaches we have in Philadelphia are proud and though recently embarassed they will come back because they have integrity and with certainty many fans of other teams throughout the NFL would salivate at the thought of having Andy Reid as their coach in any capacity. Lets keep it cool and not make another Akers misstake because of a bad season. The 610 whiners haven't played a play this season. We are all monday morning quarterbacks only differernce is they get paid for the media chastising they administer daily. I doubt their mumblings will make anything better but what will is Andy getting the team on track and if he survives the verbal licking just like a timex he'll keep on ticking.

Last edited by Norm Barnes; 11-21-2012 at 04:41 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 04:44 PM

14,283 posts, read 14,512,878 times
Interesting read, a little hint, a few paragraph breaks and a little more punctuation might help the process!

Old 11-21-2012, 04:58 PM

17,574 posts, read 45,971,621 times
Reid isn't even an average coach these days.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:47 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,443,016 times
A kicker would never matter this much to a team.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:47 AM

20,500 posts, read 33,308,823 times
Hate to say it. But that team has not been the same since the death of Jim Johnson.

Old 11-23-2012, 01:02 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,779,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Barnes View Post
After a challenging year in Philadelphia in their major sports arenas; you begin to think what caused the Baseball and Football downfalls. In Baseball it was gut wrenching watching a Philly favorite hit a couple of home runs for the New York Yankees; and to watch an ex-outfielder help put superlative in the sentence with the Washington Nationals not taking anything away from their pitching but Philly is a testamony that its not all about Pitching. Now come the analysis of the Eagles -- I can't watch San Francisco 49'er ball -- why because I am becoming a fan and Akers is no small reason he just goes out there and does his job from week to week unlike what you can say about the rest of the eagles and our defense stunted buy "ashama" watchamacallit. Andy and Charlie are still among the best coaches to ever deliver in Philly and I sure wish they might be treated with some respect. 610 radio in Philadelphia should be changed to 666 because all they deliver is the devil. I saw the last game and the quarterback looked like he should have been palying for some high school and what made me most ill was the crazy straight ahead hand off and a pass into traffic which could get a running back killed. I know it will get better and not because of the noisy peanut gallery but because the coaches we have in Philadelphia are proud and though recently embarassed they will come back because they have integrity and with certainty many fans of other teams throughout the NFL would salivate at the thought of having Andy Reid as their coach in any capacity. Lets keep it cool and not make another Akers misstake because of a bad season. The 610 whiners haven't played a play this season. We are all monday morning quarterbacks only differernce is they get paid for the media chastising they administer daily. I doubt their mumblings will make anything better but what will is Andy getting the team on track and if he survives the verbal licking just like a timex he'll keep on ticking.

No It was when they traded Mcnabb in the 2010 offseason. Before Mcnabb was traded, none of the things ever happened while Andy Reid was the head coach

1. Losing in the 1st round of the playoffs
2. Missing the playoffs two seasons in a row...2011, 2012

Old 11-23-2012, 01:17 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,011,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
No It was when they traded Mcnabb in the 2010 offseason. Before Mcnabb was traded, none of the things ever happened while Andy Reid was the head coach

1. Losing in the 1st round of the playoffs
2. Missing the playoffs two seasons in a row...2011, 2012
Didn't you predict a couple of Super Bowl rings for the Redskins with McNabb? What happened Oracle?

Old 11-23-2012, 01:19 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Didn't you predict a couple of Super Bowl rings for the Redskins with McNabb? What happened Oracle?

I don't recall predicting a SB win but I was confident he would lead them to the playoffs. I don't think he was given a fair chance in Washington because of his age.

Old 11-23-2012, 02:04 PM

17,574 posts, read 45,971,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I don't recall predicting a SB win but I was confident he would lead them to the playoffs. I don't think he was given a fair chance in Washington because of his age.
Or they realized he sucked.

Old 11-23-2012, 02:12 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Or they realized he sucked.

Mcnabb's wasn't his guy to begin with, he was traded to the skins and had higher expectations than they do for RG3 because of his overall career.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football