U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 05:35 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,415,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
In the legal world intent to do something naughty is all that counts. Dunno how it woks in football, but in the law if you intend to commit a felony, any other felony that springs from that will be deemed an intentional felony.

You may not intentionally have intended to kill someone during a robbery, but you sure intended to rob the place, so the intent requirement for intentional murder is transferred from the Robbery to cover the murder.

I would apply the same reasoning here. Doesn't matter where Suh intended to land the kick. It was foreseeable that his foot might end up in Schaubs nads so it doesn't matter if he was aiming for the shins.
Since you are quoting law... The intent also has to be proven without a reasonable doubt.

good luck with that in this situation.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:22 PM

13,343 posts, read 17,421,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
It makes me mad that the Media(ESPN) is going out of their way to get him suspended

Just let it go, the play was so minor
Uh, unless you're Schaub.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
In the legal world intent to do something naughty is all that counts. Dunno how it woks in football, but in the law if you intend to commit a felony, any other felony that springs from that will be deemed an intentional felony.

You may not intentionally have intended to kill someone during a robbery, but you sure intended to rob the place, so the intent requirement for intentional murder is transferred from the Robbery to cover the murder.

I would apply the same reasoning here. Doesn't matter where Suh intended to land the kick. It was foreseeable that his foot might end up in Schaubs nads so it doesn't matter if he was aiming for the shins.

Leg whip's illegal no matter where it lands.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:23 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,338,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Uh, unless you're Schaub.

My point is Schaub is not worrying about it so why can't ESPN just let it go? It's almost as if they want him to be suspended

Old 11-23-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
My point is Schaub is not worrying about it so why can't ESPN just let it go? It's almost as if they want him to be suspended
So does it have to matter to the victim? Yeah, he kicked him in the nuts, big deal!

Old 11-23-2012, 07:00 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,338,473 times
Quote:
So does it have to matter to the victim? Yeah, he kicked him in the nuts, big deal!

It was nothing but life on the football field. That sort of thing happens all the time

Old 11-23-2012, 07:13 PM

27,093 posts, read 5,923,622 times
Yes, as someone posted, not minor to QB, who received the oh-so-obvious kick!

Look at this from the point of sports integrity....of playing the game in fairness, or as someone said, as in a "brotherhood"...

Then you can see where Suh is SORELY lacking these qualities-quite unprofessional.

Quote:
It makes me mad that the Media(ESPN) is going out of their way to get him suspended

Just let it go, the play was so minor

Old 11-23-2012, 07:17 PM

9,349 posts, read 5,571,930 times
The guy is a total D-bag.

I like the Lions as a team but I hate Suh's fat ass.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:01 PM

18,509 posts, read 28,184,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Since you are quoting law... The intent also has to be proven without a reasonable doubt.

good luck with that in this situation.
no it does not. proof goes to the crime, not intent. Intent is suggested based on observations.

No court asks you to prove intent. that's just silly. All they need to do is get a panel to review the video and vote on whether or not the kick LOOKED intentional. If they find that it looks intentional, then his intent to kick is just as good as intending to kick in the nads.

The Intent transfers.

Quote:
Leg whip's illegal no matter where it lands.
exactly!!!! all you need is the intentional transgression. Not intending it to land in the groin is irrelevant.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
It was nothing but life on the football field. That sort of thing happens all the time

Really? Show me a clip of one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or