U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-30-2012, 01:51 PM
 
Location: Howard County, MD
2,223 posts, read 3,022,418 times
Reputation: 3366

Advertisements

The weather on Sunday is supposed to be unseasonably warm in the Upper Midwest (among other places), so that might negate some of the Bears' and Packers' home field advantages.

Anyway, Vegas has the Hawks, Vikes, Bucs and Skins as 3.5, 8, 7, and 2.5 point dogs, respectively. Aside from my obvious homer pick of the Redskins beating the Giants, I like Tampa's odds the most, but to me it all comes down to whether Doug Martin has a big game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-30-2012, 02:34 PM
 
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
11,760 posts, read 11,646,857 times
Reputation: 12498
I'm glad the weather report for Sunday in GB is decent, 50 would be awesome, with minimal wind! Go Pack Go!!!! I am a little concerned about the Oline giving Aaron time to throw and the Dline without Matthews trying to stop AP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2012, 03:09 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,713,055 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I'm glad the weather report for Sunday in GB is decent, 50 would be awesome, with minimal wind! Go Pack Go!!!! I am a little concerned about the Oline giving Aaron time to throw and the Dline without Matthews trying to stop AP!

The Packers should be able to beat the Vikings in any kind of weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2012, 05:16 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
139 posts, read 115,796 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The Cowboys will win their last game of the season on Sunday.

They are not beating the Saints, bengals, steelers, or skins in the month of december.
Dont count on them winning the one on Sunday either. Teams that struggle have a tendency to do well against the Boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The Packers should be able to beat the Vikings in any kind of weather.
I think Susan has a legit worry about the o-line protecting Rodgers and the defense stopping AP. Rodgers has been getting hit an awful lot. One of these times it will be one hit too many.
And AP is a beast. Who else is going to stop him if Matthews isnt there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2012, 05:18 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,713,055 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwis9 View Post
Dont count on them winning the one on Sunday either. Teams that struggle have a tendency to do well against the Boys.


I think Susan has a legit worry about the o-line protecting Rodgers and the defense stopping AP. Rodgers has been getting hit an awful lot. One of these times it will be one hit too many.
And AP is a beast. Who else is going to stop him if Matthews isnt there?

The Eagles stink and was already beaten by the Cowboys.

I expect the Packers to play a lot better after losing 38-10 on national TV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2012, 05:24 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
139 posts, read 115,796 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The Eagles stink and was already beaten by the Cowboys.

I expect the Packers to play a lot better after losing 38-10 on national TV
Packers would have played a lot better if the line had protected Rodgers better. Hard to throw the ball if you are laying on the ground. I dont expect the line to get better just for this weekend. They have stunk all season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2012, 05:29 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,713,055 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwis9 View Post
Packers would have played a lot better if the line had protected Rodgers better. Hard to throw the ball if you are laying on the ground. I dont expect the line to get better just for this weekend. They have stunk all season.

Once the Packers fell down 17-7 and then 24-7, the Giants defense knew they had no choice but to pass which is why he had less time to throw. Remember the Packers tied it up at 7-7 early in the 1st qtr. So if susan should be worried about anything it should be the defense not the O-line
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2012, 05:45 PM
 
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
11,760 posts, read 11,646,857 times
Reputation: 12498
Nope, trust me, Oline is more of a problem. I realize without Clay the defense has issues but not as much. Last year the defense was last or close to last in many categories, not this year. They are much better.

The talk all week on the Packers website has been Cover 2 and teams having the Packers figured out. It started last year, believe it or not when the Chiefs ended their perfect season and the Packers went downhill from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2012, 05:52 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,713,055 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Nope, trust me, Oline is more of a problem. I realize without Clay the defense has issues but not as much. Last year the defense was last or close to last in many categories, not this year. They are much better.

The talk all week on the Packers website has been Cover 2 and teams having the Packers figured out. It started last year, believe it or not when the Chiefs ended their perfect season and the Packers went downhill from there.

Yeah I agree, after that Chiefs game everything went downhill after that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2012, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
11,760 posts, read 11,646,857 times
Reputation: 12498
Packers and Bears are tied at 8-4, but Packers haven't lost a division game whereas everyone else has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top