U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-03-2012, 10:47 PM
 
Location: Howard County, MD
2,223 posts, read 3,023,283 times
Reputation: 3366

Advertisements

So now we have a logjam at 6-6 right below the Seahawks in the final WC spot. Washington's got a tough opponent in Baltimore next week, but its very much a winnable game. Dallas goes on the road in Cincinnati next week, and I don't really like their chances. Tampa Bay should have no problem with the Eagles, and Minnesota's hosting Chicago in what will be a hugely important game for the playoff picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-03-2012, 10:52 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,726,671 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
So now we have a logjam at 6-6 right below the Seahawks in the final WC spot. Washington's got a tough opponent in Baltimore next week, but its very much a winnable game. Dallas goes on the road in Cincinnati next week, and I don't really like their chances. Tampa Bay should have no problem with the Eagles, and Minnesota's hosting Chicago in what will be a hugely important game for the playoff picture.

Seahawks have the wildcard on lockdown because they have 3 divisional games at home and this week they play the cards at home and they are undefeated at home

So the only way the skins get in is if they win 3 out of their last 4 and the giants lose 3 out of their last 4 and they win the NFC East


That's the only way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2012, 10:59 PM
 
Location: Howard County, MD
2,223 posts, read 3,023,283 times
Reputation: 3366
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Seahawks have the wildcard on lockdown because they have 3 divisional games at home and this week they play the cards at home and they are undefeated at home

So the only way the skins get in is if they win 3 out of their last 4 and the giants lose 3 out of their last 4 and they win the NFC East


That's the only way
And the Giants have 2 very tough road games coming up after the Saints next week, in Atlanta followed by Baltimore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2012, 11:01 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,726,671 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
And the Giants have 2 very tough road games coming up after the Saints next week, in Atlanta followed by Baltimore.

Yup so they lose to the saints they are in deep trouble
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2012, 07:03 AM
 
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
11,766 posts, read 11,650,574 times
Reputation: 12498
Win one, lose one won't work in the end of the season, especially the way the NFL set up the schedule this year. Packers have 3 division games left, plus Titans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2012, 10:22 AM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,726,671 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Win one, lose one won't work in the end of the season, especially the way the NFL set up the schedule this year. Packers have 3 division games left, plus Titans.

Atleast the Packers have the Wildcard to fall back on if they don't win the division. That is the bright side for the Bears or Packers if they don't win the division
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2012, 02:56 PM
 
Location: Howard County, MD
2,223 posts, read 3,023,283 times
Reputation: 3366
Interesting, as of right now Vegas actually has the Redskins as 2.5 point faves against the Ravens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2012, 03:43 PM
 
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
11,766 posts, read 11,650,574 times
Reputation: 12498
I pointed out to 'Skinsfan the Seahawks/Packers "failMary" game is not messing up Packers too terribly but is going to have an impact on teams below Seahawks, as they are 7-5 instead of 6-6.

Last edited by susancruzs; 12-04-2012 at 03:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2012, 03:46 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,726,671 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I pointed out to 'Skinsfan the Seahawks/Packers "failMary" game is not messing up Packers too terribly but is going to have an impact on teams below them, as they are 7-5 instead of 6-6.

Yes because they definitely stole that game. The Packers seemed to have recovered pretty well from that Monday Night game
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2012, 03:49 PM
 
Location: 3219'03.7"N 10643'55.9"W
8,124 posts, read 17,433,083 times
Reputation: 7314
I agree with the analysis of the Giants needing to beat the Saints this week, or they are in big trouble. If you consider Drew Brees statistics against the Giants, there is a real possibility the Saints pull this out, especially if weather is not a factor in New Jersey this Sunday.

That the Seahawks have 3 home games remaining is a big advantage when it comes to capturing a 5 or 6 seed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top