U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2012, 12:21 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,313,442 times

Advertisements

All three shows have lost viewers since last season while the NFL network is the only pregame show that has more viewers from last season.

I'm not surprised because

ESPN Countdown tends to have serious stories

CBS NFL Today has mumble mouth Shannon Sharpe

FOX Pregame show has goofy Terry Bradshaw

NBC duo of Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth*adds comic relief, perfect laugh track*to NY Jets' follies during Thanksgiving blowout - NY Daily News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 02:18 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,880,962 times
Don't discount the fact that a good number of people watch the fantasy football pregame shows. At least that is a guess as to where some of those viewers are looking prior to kickoff.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Don't discount the fact that a good number of people watch the fantasy football pregame shows. At least that is a guess as to where some of those viewers are looking prior to kickoff.

I think I seen that show on ESPN2 around 11:30am. But it makes sense that not many viewers watch the pregame anymore like they did 20 years ago because of

The Internet
Fantasy Football Pregame

Old 11-26-2012, 02:38 PM

2,143 posts, read 3,559,991 times
The pregame shows just aren't that interesting, and the formula needs to be tinkered with. It's the same set up: introduce the cast, go out for live reports, predictions, some analysis, done. FOX has been like that for the last 10 years. Nothing has changed.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomRep View Post
The pregame shows just aren't that interesting, and the formula needs to be tinkered with. It's the same set up: introduce the cast, go out for live reports, predictions, some analysis, done. FOX has been like that for the last 10 years. Nothing has changed.

One thing I can say about Fox is they do maintain a upbeat show unlike ESPN which tends to do sad feature stories like they are dateline. Who the hell wants to watch something depressing on a sunday morning?

Old 11-26-2012, 04:28 PM

2,143 posts, read 3,559,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
One thing I can say about Fox is they do maintain a upbeat show unlike ESPN which tends to do sad feature stories like they are dateline. Who the hell wants to watch something depressing on a sunday morning?
ESPN takes the fun out of a lot of things. The NFL Network looks like they enjoy working with each other, same with FOX. ESPN...the presentation is awful, lights are slightly dim and everyone just looks like they'd rather be somewhere else. CBS is so far down the totem pole with regard to presentation and calling football games that it's not worth mentioning.

Not to mention ESPN has about 80 people on the show. Berman/Ditka/Johnson/Carter/Jackson on set, Mort and Schefter as the Insiders, Jaws as a sideline type of guy. On top of that you have two sideline reporters at the game. Sometimes less is more.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:11 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,567,933 times
I haven't watched any game day shows for a few years now. I can't take it anymore.

All these talking heads (many of which have ENORMOUS egos), just love to blabber about what they think will happen and their opinions/predictions...and half the time they're way off.

I know they only do this because it's best for ratings, but they only talk about the big name teams, and never the little guy. NFL Network, CBS, Fox...all they talk about is Dallas, New England, Chicago, Atlanta, Packers, NYG/NYJ, etc.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I haven't watched any game day shows for a few years now. I can't take it anymore.

All these talking heads (many of which have ENORMOUS egos), just love to blabber about what they think will happen and their opinions/predictions...and half the time they're way off.

I know they only do this because it's best for ratings, but they only talk about the big name teams, and never the little guy. NFL Network, CBS, Fox...all they talk about is Dallas, New England, Chicago, Atlanta, Packers, NYG/NYJ, etc.

They will also rather talk about what happened to the eagles instead of the up and coming skins at 5-6

Old 11-27-2012, 08:36 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,567,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
They will also rather talk about what happened to the eagles instead of the up and coming skins at 5-6
Agreed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football