U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 03:44 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,313,442 times

Advertisements

Now that was shocking but glad to see he wasn't suspended based on his past.

Ndamukong Suh of Detroit Lions not suspended for Thanksgiving groin kick - ESPN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 06:21 PM

6,561 posts, read 10,274,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post

It was pretty hard to prove intent because it wasn't as blatant as last year's stomping incident. I personally believe he meant to kick him, although I can't say for sure that he meant to nail him in the junk.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:43 AM

19,379 posts, read 17,491,665 times
The guys a complete *****, what more needs to be said?

Old 11-28-2012, 03:56 PM

28,493 posts, read 15,453,012 times
Lions' Suh fined $30K for contact

Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh was fined $30,000 by the NFL on Wednesday, but says he didn't kick Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub on purpose.

That's why Suh insisted he doesn't need to apologize to Schaub.

"I was dragged to the ground," he said. "A lot of things happen to me. It's part of the game."

Still in denial mode.

Even if you say you didn't mean to - what's wrong with just apologizing just for the sake of politeness?

That's all right - pay up.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:29 AM

3,466 posts, read 3,149,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post

It was on purpose, of course he should be suspended he broke a man rule plain and simple.

Let him go fight Golota.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:41 PM

6,837 posts, read 7,898,830 times
The NFL is dumb in this sense. If you're gonna fine him, make him lose a game check as well. Either it was done intentionally or not. If it was done intentionally, fine him AND suspend him for one or more games. If not, and it was ruled to as being "incidental contact", don't do anything. I feel the same way about these "helmet to hemet" hits. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine what is "incidental" verses what is done with malicious intent when it is under review. When two players are going towards each other on an open field, it can be quite a collision in real time. What Suh does is after the play and 100% malicious and arrogant. The NFL needs to quit blurring the lines. It is hurting the game.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:13 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,550,474 times
Excellent points and right on the money, I think. How about some consistency? Treat all incidents the same, all players equally and definitely safety for everyone not just the QBs.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:26 PM

6,837 posts, read 7,898,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Excellent points and right on the money, I think. How about some consistency? Treat all incidents the same, all players equally and definitely safety for everyone not just the QBs.
But see, there is a problem with your proposal. This is what the NFL is doing regarding hemet to helmet contact. I don't neccessarily agree with it. There is a zero tolerance policy as of this year. ANY H2H contact is an automatic penalty and possible fine. I believe that many of these incidents are purely coincidental and a result of an aggressive fast paced sport. If a referree can't review a play and determine if the supposed agitator committed the penalty with malicious intent, he should not be reffing. Many of these incidents are obvious upon review.

Suh is as flagrant as Albert Haynesworth with his antics, but other players who get these types of penalties are not malicious on purpose. Every major penalty of an unsportsmanlike conduct nature should be reviewed, and fair but just conclusions should be reached and acted upon to ensure consistency. There should not be a game changing penalty simply due to one type of incidental contact like there was last week in one of the games I watched.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:54 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,550,474 times
No good answer and when you consider momentum of a big player, trying to stop on a dime, not possible. You're right, game changing penalties not good either. NFL has backed itself into a corner in some ways and now what???

Old 11-29-2012, 05:58 PM

139 posts, read 115,075 times
Some good points here. Still, even if contact is incidental, I think they still have to call it. Players have to learn how to not commit penalties. Hard? Yes. But they can do it. I have seen it. These injuries are getting to me.
I agree about Suh. If he gets the fine, then he should get the suspension.
I watched it a couple of times, and I still am not sure if it was on purpose or not. Things happen during the game, and they happen fast. Its hard to give him the benefit of the doubt because of his past. They all say they are sorry, didnt mean to do it, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football