U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 08:12 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,083,828 times

Advertisements

Whisenhunt inherited Denny Green's talent. He rode Warner, Q, Edge and Todd Hayley to the Super Bowl.

He is the man that selected Levi Brown over Adrian Peterson. He selected those crappy O lineman, and he was the one that gave Russ Grimm free reign over it. He was told to fire Grimm and he refused.

He hand picked Kolb. He played musical chairs with the QBs never allowing any to find a rhythm. He refused to change a game plan to suit his talent, instead insisting the "system works."

Good riddance. Michael Bidwill now should be on the horn with Andy Reid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 07:42 AM

139 posts, read 115,193 times
I remember when I was on another forum (can I say that here) and the Cards were the laughingstock of the NFL. I liked what I saw in Whiz and was almost laughed out of the forum when I said that was the year the Cards came back. They did. But it was more or less a one shot deal.
Looking back, Warner probably had as much to do with it as Whiz. I never liked that quarterback carousel thing either in later years.
Now I am not a Cards fan, but it looked like Whiz was desperately trying to get that mojo back, but never did.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:56 AM

16,532 posts, read 21,006,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwis9 View Post
I remember when I was on another forum (can I say that here) and the Cards were the laughingstock of the NFL. I liked what I saw in Whiz and was almost laughed out of the forum when I said that was the year the Cards came back. They did. But it was more or less a one shot deal.
Looking back, Warner probably had as much to do with it as Whiz. I never liked that quarterback carousel thing either in later years.
Now I am not a Cards fan, but it looked like Whiz was desperately trying to get that mojo back, but never did.
The last time the Cardinal franchise won an NFL championship was in 1947. IIRC they have the worst won-loss percentage in NFL history regarding old line times, and the Cardinals franchise goes back to the NFL's earlier beginnings. Having won their last several games in a row last season and getting off to a good start this season, well it looked like the Cards were going to be in western division mix, and then the roof literally caved in.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
The last time the Cardinal franchise won an NFL championship was in 1947. IIRC they have the worst won-loss percentage in NFL history regarding old line times, and the Cardinals franchise goes back to the NFL's earlier beginnings. Having won their last several games in a row last season and getting off to a good start this season, well it looked like the Cards were going to be in western division mix, and then the roof literally caved in.
I wasnt talking about a championship. I was talking about a team that looked like it belonged in the NFL. Got to the playoffs if I remember correctly which was quite a feat for them at the time considering how they looked previously.
And if the Saints had not had the old man Warner in their bounty sights, they could have gone on further.
Which is no excuse.
Warner should have been protected.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:22 AM
YAZ

7,083 posts, read 11,864,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
If Kolb had not been hurt.......wonder if things would be different?

I think so.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
If Kolb had not been hurt.......wonder if things would be different?

I think so.
Yeah, would've been, could have beens, thats the story of the NFL fan isnt it???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football