U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 04:35 PM

383 posts, read 1,039,341 times

Advertisements

Cowboys winning currently 24-21. Don't know who I support, but this has been an excellent game. Either way, I believe both teams are good contenders for the Super Bowl, especially the Patriots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 05:27 PM

Cowboys getting their asses handed to them as was predicted. No surprises here, slight disappointment but if the Patriots win I will be looking forward to a shut-out season that will have Miami crying.

Old 10-14-2007, 05:47 PM

262 posts, read 225,450 times
who wudda guessed it (me) pats puttin up 48 went on a 27-3 run at the end cuddent be better cant wait till the school the colts go Pats!!!!!!1

Old 10-14-2007, 06:18 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,845,667 times
haha..haha... Cowgirls gave up 48 points at home! What happened to that great defense? I thought ROMO was the best thing since sliced bread?? I only wish the Pats had scored more points, they left alot of points on the field!!

Old 10-14-2007, 06:24 PM

I think the Cowboys are playing decent this year, but I knew they wouldn't stand a chance against the unstoppable Patriots. The Cowboys aren't my favorite team but they are up there, so it was disheartening to see them lose. At the same time, the Patriots are one step closer to finally showing up the Miami Dolphins.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:02 PM

325 posts, read 990,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
haha..haha... Cowgirls gave up 48 points at home! What happened to that great defense? I thought ROMO was the best thing since sliced bread?? I only wish the Pats had scored more points, they left alot of points on the field!!
This has nothing to do with the Cowgirls as you call them. The Pats avg 30 pts a game all season. Doesnt matter who they play. Its obvious that the Pats are just better than everyone else in the league period. They play the Steelers a little down the road and we have an awesome defense and I bet they put up at least 24 on us. At least. These dudes are just better than everybody else. I think Boomer said at half time that it seemed like Brady wasnt playing 100% he felt that he could put forth a better effort in the second half. And by god he did. If you have Brady, Stallworth, Moss, and Wes Welker on your team your offense better be unstoppable. The Pats will be in a shootout with the Colts and probally get a tough half out of the Steelers and thats it as far as the Pats losing a single game this year. I really feel they go undefeated this year all the way to the Superbowl. Pains me as Steelers fan, but I gotta call it like I see it.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:10 PM

3,842 posts, read 9,432,935 times
I think it was more hype for tv than actual talent verus talent. The Cowboys win last Monday was a bizarre fluke. I can't see how you can compare the Patriots roster to the Cowboys. Heck, I don't know how you compare that roster to any team right now, minus the Colts. Brady v Romo? Don't think it is there.
My husband is a die hard Patriots fan & die hard New Englander. In his biased opinion, he said that the Pats are looking like the 49ers in the days of Joe Montana & Jerry Rice.
I'm from Cleveland. I had to watch my team give up over 20 points in the second half to a team that had a 0-5 record....some days I hate how my husband wins all the football & baseball...just not fair

Old 10-14-2007, 09:18 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,549,496 times
Watching the Pats makes me want to MOVE to New England. Great team to watch.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:06 AM

11,878 posts, read 33,553,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak88 View Post
I think the Cowboys are playing decent this year, but I knew they wouldn't stand a chance against the unstoppable Patriots. The Cowboys aren't my favorite team but they are up there, so it was disheartening to see them lose. At the same time, the Patriots are one step closer to finally showing up the Miami Dolphins.
How so, the two teams may as well be on different planets. I'm a Dolphin fan, and they absolutely SUCK this year. As much as I want the Dolphins to do well, I hold no grudge against the Patriots. In fact, I was rooting for them to win yesterday. They simply are the best team in the NFL right now and have been for some time. I respect them even more for what they've done in the age of salary caps and free agency. They are like a machine. Having said that, I'll be rootin' for my Phins come this Sunday!

Old 10-15-2007, 09:23 AM

20,005 posts, read 69,429,074 times
The Cowgirls were shut down by the better team, simple as that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football