Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 05:27 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,609,976 times

Advertisements

He had 2 TDs in the 1st 3 minutes of the game, I think! Giants are killing the Saints even though Eli has thrown a couple of picks, Saints can't keep up. Giants will beat the Falcons, I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 05:28 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,989,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
57-0 now

The Giants too are making it known that they are still around. they are 52-27 against the Saints.
Suddenly the Giants schedule doesn't seem so tough. The Falcons and Ravens are broken and then they have the Eagles.

Damm I know that the Seahawks are good at home but 51-0??

Old 12-09-2012, 05:37 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
He had 2 TDs in the 1st 3 minutes of the game, I think! Giants are killing the Saints even though Eli has thrown a couple of picks, Saints can't keep up. Giants will beat the Falcons, I think.

Giants only have one tough game left..........The Ravens

They will beat the falcons and eagles and finish at 10-6

Old 12-09-2012, 05:45 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,927,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Giants only have one tough game left..........The Ravens

They will beat the falcons and eagles and finish at 10-6
``they will beat the Ravens too.

11-5

Old 12-09-2012, 05:56 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,053,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
He is unreal. Peterson is ahead of all other NFL running backs by over 300 yards. Holy crap man..
He's in "BEAST" mode! Just love that dude!

Old 12-09-2012, 06:06 PM
FBJ

Quote:
``they will beat the Ravens too.

11-5

Not in Baltimore, have that one as a loss.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:06 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,927,318 times
Quote:
Damm I know that the Seahawks are good at home but 51-0??
look at who they were playing. The Cards have lost what? 9 in a row?

And these Cardinals beat your Patriots

Old 12-09-2012, 06:36 PM
FBJ

Quote:
look at who they were playing. The Cards have lost what? 9 in a row?

And these Cardinals beat your Patriots

Not a Pats Fan but that was so long ago that it's not even a issue. You know how many teams had a winning record in sept who won't be in the playoffs? A lot of them

Old 12-09-2012, 11:40 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,725,360 times
Quote:
The Steelers proved today they are not playoff material anytime they lost to a 4-8 team at home with their starting QB back at center.

Season is over
That's a rather bold proclamation considering a) the Steelers would still be in the playoffs if the season ended today, and b) all they have to do to make the playoffs is beat the Bengals and one more team. If they do that, then literally nothing else matters in the AFC. You can even fiddle around with ESPN's playoff scenario generator if you need proof. Do the following in this exact order:

1. Observe the current #6 seed in the AFC.
2. Select the Steelers to beat the Bengals in Week 16.
3. Select the Bengals to beat the Eagles in Week 15 and the Ravens in Week 17.
4. Select the Jets to beat all three of their remaining opponents.
5. Select the Steelers to beat the Cowboys in Week 15 and lose to the Browns in Week 17. Observe the #6 seed in the AFC.
6. Select the Steelers to lose to the Cowboys in Week 15 and beat the Browns in Week 17. Observe the #6 seed in the AFC.

The Dolphins, Browns, Chargers and Bills each have eight losses, so they don't matter unless the Jets lose at least one and the Steelers and Bengals both lose at least two. They're all but mathematically eliminated.

It ain't over until it's over. I'm sure you probably said the Giants weren't playoff material last December 18, when they lost at home to a Redskins team that entered the game with a 4-9 record. Of course, that loss didn't prevent the Giants from winning six consecutive games in seven weeks, and earning a shiny trophy and a box of rings for their efforts.

Last edited by Craziaskowboi; 12-09-2012 at 11:51 PM..

Old 12-10-2012, 12:01 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
That's a rather bold proclamation considering a) the Steelers would still be in the playoffs if the season ended today, and b) all they have to do to make the playoffs is beat the Bengals and one more team. If they do that, then literally nothing else matters in the AFC. You can even fiddle around with ESPN's playoff scenario generator if you need proof. Do the following in this exact order:

1. Observe the current #6 seed in the AFC.
2. Select the Steelers to beat the Bengals in Week 16.
3. Select the Bengals to beat the Eagles in Week 15 and the Ravens in Week 17.
4. Select the Jets to beat all three of their remaining opponents.
5. Select the Steelers to beat the Cowboys in Week 15 and lose to the Browns in Week 17. Observe the #6 seed in the AFC.
6. Select the Steelers to lose to the Cowboys in Week 15 and beat the Browns in Week 17. Observe the #6 seed in the AFC.

The Dolphins, Browns, Chargers and Bills each have eight losses, so they don't matter unless the Jets lose at least one and the Steelers and Bengals both lose at least two. They're all but mathematically eliminated.

It ain't over until it's over. I'm sure you probably said the Giants weren't playoff material last December 18, when they lost at home to a Redskins team that entered the game with a 4-9 record. Of course, that loss didn't prevent the Giants from winning six consecutive games in seven weeks, and earning a shiny trophy and a box of rings for their efforts.

I;m going by what my eyes are telling me and what I saw today from the steelers was uinacceptable. They had a 4-8 team who is falling apart come in and score 34 points which to me was the shock of the NFL weekend. So how could anyone expect the Steelers to win the next 2 games on the road when they couldn't beat a bad chargers team at home. And yes if the season ended today they would be in but the season ends on dec 30th and they have 2 road games coming up which are huge games.

Had they won today they would have had a throw away game but not now because if they lose to Dallas they will be 7-7 instead of 8-6 with a matchup coming with the Bengals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football