U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 09:47 AM

11,729 posts, read 11,572,611 times

Advertisements

I went with Houston if they lose I could be 8-8 back to my normal record. This will be a tough game for Texans, hope they can pull it off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 09:58 AM

18,509 posts, read 28,220,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I went with Houston if they lose I could be 8-8 back to my normal record. This will be a tough game for Texans, hope they can pull it off.
seemed like Texans has had about 6 must win games this season so far.

They had to beat the Broncos to settle the old Peyton Manning score
They had to beat the Packers because it was prime time- loss doesn't seem that important now
They had to beat the Ravens because it showed they were AF Contenders- got a huge win but that seems so long ago now
They had to beat Chicago in Chicago to show they can play in cold weather against one of the NFCs best
They had to beat Detroit because it was Thanksgiving

Now its December and beating the Pats is the new must win

Next week it will be beating the Colts thats the next must win to secure the 1st seed
The week after will be a must win against Peterson

Old 12-10-2012, 10:21 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,422,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
looks like I am 9-6 thus far. Looks like I would be 11-4 if I had gone with my gut and when with the Vikings and the Skins. I had doubts about Chicago and the Baltimore but gave them the benefit of the doubt.

I was really disappointed in the Bengals and Steelers and did not expect those losses.

The Eagles win was a surprise and the Falcons loss was a pleasant surprise.

TVandSportsGuy, the Texans have only one more loss coming this season and that will be against the Colts

No way they are winning in frosty New England against the best Offense they face all season. Pats will win tonight...........BOOK IT

Old 12-10-2012, 10:38 AM

18,509 posts, read 28,220,877 times
We will see

Old 12-10-2012, 10:56 PM
FBJ

Texans proved for the second time they can't play on the big stage against winning teams

Lost on MNF to the Packers in a blowout

Lost on MNF to the Pats in a blowout

Not a good look with the playoffs so close

Old 12-10-2012, 11:42 PM

28,577 posts, read 15,514,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Texans proved for the second time they can't play on the big stage against winning teams

Lost on MNF to the Packers in a blowout

Lost on MNF to the Pats in a blowout

Not a good look with the playoffs so close
They beat the Bears on SNF.

The big problem is not big stages - it's big QBs. They never seem to turn around and see the deep ball in the defensive secondary. No pressure on the QB is trouble.

First half versus the Colts next week will indicate what they learned from tonight. Brady James said they were taught a lesson. Did they get it or not? It's mental. It's intensity. Patriots hit them fast, early, and hard.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:49 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
They beat the Bears on SNF.

The big problem is not big stages - it's big QBs. They never seem to turn around and see the deep ball in the defensive secondary. No pressure on the QB is trouble.

First half versus the Colts next week will indicate what they learned from tonight. Brady James said they were taught a lesson. Did they get it or not? It's mental. It's intensity. Patriots hit them fast, early, and hard.

Too late for the Pats to get the one seed but I still think they can beat any AFC team on the road.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:48 AM

2,223 posts, read 3,003,105 times
Looks like Belichick had a real solid anti-Watt plan, no sacks or passes defended.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:51 AM

11,729 posts, read 11,572,611 times
Game surprised me, I thought Houston would come out and at least keep it close. This wasn't new territory for them, they knew what Brady can do to a team.

Moving on, 3 more weeks, things fall in place, NFC wild card race is crazy. Early people were saying NFC North might have 3playoff teams, now I'm wondering if Bears will make the playoffs. Packers win Sunday, take the north, start chasing for 2nd seed.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:20 AM

28,577 posts, read 15,514,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Too late for the Pats to get the one seed but I still think they can beat any AFC team on the road.
No - it's not too late. Pats are one back with three to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or