U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 09:47 AM

3,402 posts, read 12,243,109 times

Advertisements

Far be it from me to post in the Sports Section... I am a stranger here!

My question is not meant to stir up any trouble mere curiosity!

I have moved every 2 years or so...and notice that it's only acceptable to root for your "home team" state team, etc. And slaughter anyone else!

What if you don't have a home team? Recently moving to Maryland... I am assuming I have to take an active stance for... "go redskins!" (?) Is it the same everywhere? Or is it a native born trait only.

When I lived in Texas, I had to "Go Cowboys!" and while I am not a huge sport-nut, I knew better at least, to keep my opinion to myself if someone else felt differently, lest I involve myself with a bar-brawl over who's team was better than who's. I had to pry off my dallas cowboy's emblem from the back of my truck when I got up here, lol. And I have to say, the dirty looks from Maryland Natives did lessen quite a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 11:19 AM

14,590 posts, read 22,444,322 times
Absolutely, kitty kat! Go bandwagon. The Redskin fan will scalp Cowboy fan in a hearbeat! The Hawgs will MESS WITH TEXAS, so to speak. They will, OPEN UP THEIR BOQUET AND RUFFLE THEIR FLOWERS ABOUT!

You need to stay alive for us. You need to go find the richest, cutest, sweetest, most generous loyal sugar-daddy and become whatever fan he is. You got that?

Old 10-15-2007, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Absolutely, kitty kat! Go bandwagon. The Redskin fan will scalp Cowboy fan in a hearbeat! The Hawgs will MESS WITH TEXAS, so to speak. They will, OPEN UP THEIR BOQUET AND RUFFLE THEIR FLOWERS ABOUT!

You need to stay alive for us. You need to go find the richest, cutest, sweetest, most generous loyal sugar-daddy and become whatever fan he is. You got that?
lol. done and done. *coughs* Go Redskins!

Old 10-15-2007, 03:48 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,848,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
Far be it from me to post in the Sports Section... I am a stranger here!

My question is not meant to stir up any trouble mere curiosity!

I have moved every 2 years or so...and notice that it's only acceptable to root for your "home team" state team, etc. And slaughter anyone else!

What if you don't have a home team? Recently moving to Maryland... I am assuming I have to take an active stance for... "go redskins!" (?) Is it the same everywhere? Or is it a native born trait only.

When I lived in Texas, I had to "Go Cowboys!" and while I am not a huge sport-nut, I knew better at least, to keep my opinion to myself if someone else felt differently, lest I involve myself with a bar-brawl over who's team was better than who's. I had to pry off my dallas cowboy's emblem from the back of my truck when I got up here, lol. And I have to say, the dirty looks from Maryland Natives did lessen quite a bit.

I have to disagree with you. You can root for whoever you choose to. I grew up in DC metro (Gaithersburg MD to be exact) and watched the Redskins every weekend (I'll never forget the 91-92 season), was a die hard 'Skins fan, then moved everywhere and still remained loyal to the 'Skins.

I do root for the home team, like the Colts now (I live in Indy), and did root for the Panthers when i lived in NC but not if they were playing the 'Skins. 'Skins are number 1 team for me no matter where I move to which tells you how tough it's been for me since Dan Dummy Snyder bought the team and turned it into the laughing stock of the NFL. Anyway, enjoy living in MD and hang in there with the 'Skins, it's not easy being a 'Skins fans as you get your heart broken ALOT!! Go 'Skins!!

Old 10-15-2007, 06:12 PM

673 posts, read 2,919,779 times
It doesnt matter where I go ever in life, I'll always be a diehard Packers fan, proud of it, and I wont be shy to let anyone know! LOL Around here in Hampton Roads, VA there is so much military that people love all different teams, there are alot of Steelers fans here as well as Redskins, Cowboys, etc. If we move to WI in a few years I'm sure he will remain a Redskin fan just like his brother did when he moved to WI, but I doubt he'll be as vocal! LOL

Old 10-15-2007, 06:58 PM

Hey Wi Girl, nice game on Sunday! Go ahead, let me have it, I have thick SKIN!! No pawn intended!! Was your husband bummed? Can you believe all the dropped passes? The Pack is definitley back though! Congrats....

Old 10-15-2007, 10:28 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,126,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Girl View Post
It doesnt matter where I go ever in life, I'll always be a diehard Packers fan, proud of it, and I wont be shy to let anyone know! LOL Around here in Hampton Roads, VA there is so much military that people love all different teams, there are alot of Steelers fans here as well as Redskins, Cowboys, etc. If we move to WI in a few years I'm sure he will remain a Redskin fan just like his brother did when he moved to WI, but I doubt he'll be as vocal! LOL
Yeah, being a Packer fan chooses YOU, not the other way around. I've rooted for them since I was 6 even though I've never set foot in Wisconsin (have to get to Lambeau before I die, though). Now that I'm in Arizona- heck, there's probably more Packer fans than Cardinal fans here anyway...

Old 10-16-2007, 07:20 AM

270 posts, read 1,103,647 times
I wasnt sure that the skins still had a team over there?!?!?!?

Old 10-16-2007, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juicebox View Post

Old 10-16-2007, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juicebox View Post
I'm gonna let this slide since you are a Colts fan and from Indiana.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football