U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-10-2012, 01:10 AM
 
Location: Southern Willamette Valley, Oregon
6,847 posts, read 7,914,149 times
Reputation: 12696

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Oh so that game is not in frosty Buffalo? Well in that case I may pick the Seahawks to win then. I was leaning toward the Bills because of the weather in Buffalo
Not really sure if that would matter with the way the Bills are playing this year. They have no sense of urgency or heart whatsoever.

I could be wrong, but I believe the Toronto stadium is a dome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-10-2012, 01:14 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,437,449 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Not really sure if that would matter with the way the Bills are playing this year. They have no sense of urgency or heart whatsoever.

I could be wrong, but I believe the Toronto stadium is a dome.


Oh I think a cold snowy day matters to a team come from the other side of the country. But I'm done with the Bills this season and won't be picking them the remainder of the season
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2012, 07:51 AM
 
9,034 posts, read 16,469,190 times
Reputation: 6827
I picked the bills this week against the rams .... fat lot of good that did me

game is in Toronto and is an afternoon/late game

will be interesting to see what the crowd is like

seattle still struggles a bit with the long road trip and buffalo has a couple of weapons that could give seattle trouble ... if seattle plays clean they should win this .... problem is they have trouble playing clean
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2012, 08:03 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,437,449 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
I picked the bills this week against the rams .... fat lot of good that did me

game is in Toronto and is an afternoon/late game

will be interesting to see what the crowd is like

seattle still struggles a bit with the long road trip and buffalo has a couple of weapons that could give seattle trouble ... if seattle plays clean they should win this .... problem is they have trouble playing clean

History tells you that you should pick the Bills in this game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 05:40 AM
Status: "Fill the days." (set 6 days ago)
 
Location: Fredericksburg/Virginia Beach, VA
10,719 posts, read 11,134,746 times
Reputation: 14178
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
These are the teams who cannot afford another loss or another seattle win

[b]Rams-6-6-1
The Rams can afford one more Seahawks win, so long as it is not in the head-to-head season finale. The Seahawks have the long road game in Buffalo, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt in that one. But then they finish with home games against the 49ers and the Rams.

Meanwhile the Rams have a moderately tough slate leading into that final game of the season. First they host the Vikings (7-6) then they travel to Tampa to face the Buccaneers (6-7). Both of those are games that can go either way, but let's say for the sake of discussion that the Rams win them both, while the Seahawks beat the Bills, but fall to the 49ers. This sets up a 9-6 Seahawks team hosting a 8-6-1 Rams team. Of course, in this scenario, the Rams winning may not get them into the playoffs, and would likely cost the Seahawks a spot. It all depends on the way the other contending teams perform as well. 9-6-1 is the only way the Rams have a shot. I think it would be great to see the Rams get in. 2004 was the last time they made the playoffs with a record of 8-8. They went 8-8 again in 2006 but have been largely a weak team (6-42 from 2007-2009) ever since. I like to see teams revive themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 06:08 AM
 
Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin
11,734 posts, read 11,578,635 times
Reputation: 12484
Can't wait for tomorrow, game 186 between Packers and da Bears! Both teams are banged up but I won't play the injury card. Packers can clinch the division with a win, 10-4, time to talk about the "P" word and maybe 2nd seed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 01:04 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,437,449 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
The Rams can afford one more Seahawks win, so long as it is not in the head-to-head season finale. The Seahawks have the long road game in Buffalo, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt in that one. But then they finish with home games against the 49ers and the Rams.

Meanwhile the Rams have a moderately tough slate leading into that final game of the season. First they host the Vikings (7-6) then they travel to Tampa to face the Buccaneers (6-7). Both of those are games that can go either way, but let's say for the sake of discussion that the Rams win them both, while the Seahawks beat the Bills, but fall to the 49ers. This sets up a 9-6 Seahawks team hosting a 8-6-1 Rams team. Of course, in this scenario, the Rams winning may not get them into the playoffs, and would likely cost the Seahawks a spot. It all depends on the way the other contending teams perform as well. 9-6-1 is the only way the Rams have a shot. I think it would be great to see the Rams get in. 2004 was the last time they made the playoffs with a record of 8-8. They went 8-8 again in 2006 but have been largely a weak team (6-42 from 2007-2009) ever since. I like to see teams revive themselves.

If the seahawks win another game or the rams lose another game they are done because it will be

Seattle 9-5
Rams-7-6-1

OR

Seattle 8-6
Rams-6-7-1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 01:06 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,437,449 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Can't wait for tomorrow, game 186 between Packers and da Bears! Both teams are banged up but I won't play the injury card. Packers can clinch the division with a win, 10-4, time to talk about the "P" word and maybe 2nd seed!

So excited for tomorrow And what better to go with so a great matchup sunday than Chinese food?

LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Status: "Fill the days." (set 6 days ago)
 
Location: Fredericksburg/Virginia Beach, VA
10,719 posts, read 11,134,746 times
Reputation: 14178
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
If the seahawks win another game or the rams lose another game they are done because it will be

Seattle 9-5
Rams-7-6-1

OR

Seattle 8-6
Rams-6-7-1
Right. But look overall. The best the Rams can do is 9-6-1. Assuming that the Seahawks get one more win, the worst they can do is 9-7, still a half game behind the Rams. The original statement was an "or" statement, implying that the Rams could not afford one more loss OR one more Seahawks win. As long as the Rams win out, they can afford one more win by the Seahawks. Now a combination of a loss for the Rams AND one more win for the Seahawks pretty much finishes off the Rams playoff chances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 02:25 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,437,449 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Right. But look overall. The best the Rams can do is 9-6-1. Assuming that the Seahawks get one more win, the worst they can do is 9-7, still a half game behind the Rams. The original statement was an "or" statement, implying that the Rams could not afford one more loss OR one more Seahawks win. As long as the Rams win out, they can afford one more win by the Seahawks. Now a combination of a loss for the Rams AND one more win for the Seahawks pretty much finishes off the Rams playoff chances.

With only 3 games left for both the rams and seahawks, it's very important for the rams if the seahawks lose to the Bills tomorrow because after that game they are home for the rest of the season where they are undefeated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top