U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 04:50 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,320,986 times

Advertisements

Well the NFC Playoff picture is starting to look a little clearer now as we get closer to Christmas.

The two wildcard teams are

Bears-8-5
Seattle-8-5

These are the teams who still have a good shot in getting that last wildcard who only trail the seahawks by one game and can afford one more loss but probably no more than that

Skins-7-6
Cowboys-7-6
Vikings-7-6

These are the teams who cannot afford another loss or another seattle win

Rams-6-6-1
Bucs-6-7
Saints-5-7
Lions-4-8

These are the 3 teams who were eliminated today since they can no longer catch the seahawks

Panthers-4-9
Cardinals-4-9
Eagles-4-9

Lions will be eliminated with a loss tonight against the Packers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 06:15 PM

3,451 posts, read 8,156,383 times
Seattle can clinch a playoff spot if they win their 2 remaining NFC West/conference games, both of which are at home. The Seahawks also can pass the 49ers for the NFC West title if they win their last 3 games (which includes a home game against the 49ers) and the 49ers lose 1 of their other 2 games in addition to the Seahawks game. San Francisco plays at New England next week (while Seattle plays Buffalo on the road).

Also, Washington has a dangerous game on the road against an improving Cleveland team next week.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
Seattle can clinch a playoff spot if they win their 2 remaining NFC West/conference games, both of which are at home. The Seahawks also can pass the 49ers for the NFC West title if they win their last 3 games (which includes a home game against the 49ers) and the 49ers lose 1 of their other 2 games in addition to the Seahawks game. San Francisco plays at New England next week (while Seattle plays Buffalo on the road).

Also, Washington has a dangerous game on the road against an improving Cleveland team next week.

I don't think the Seahawks have a shot at the division now since the Niners won another game and stayed 2 games above them at 10-3. So even if the Niners lost to New england and Seattle, they will still be at 10-5-1 with a home game against the cards the final week of the season. So I think the niners needed to lose today for the seahawks to have a chance because they will probably need to win in Buffalo to have a shot. But we know they will have the wildcard as a fall back

Old 12-09-2012, 09:13 PM

5,886 posts, read 4,190,531 times
The Vikes may technically still be alive but since we lost head to head to Tampa, Washington, and Seattle we're pretty much screwed. Not that I want to see Christian Ponder's traveling tour of fail take it's act to the playoffs anyway.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
The Vikes may technically still be alive but since we lost head to head to Tampa, Washington, and Seattle we're pretty much screwed. Not that I want to see Christian Ponder's traveling tour of fail take it's act to the playoffs anyway.

Vikings are in the thick of things and can still get the 1st or 2nd wildcard.

Bears-8-5
Seahawks-8-5
Vikings-7-6

Old 12-09-2012, 09:25 PM

The Lions now eliminated from getting into the playoffs with their loss to Green Bay

Old 12-09-2012, 11:08 PM

9,029 posts, read 16,438,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I don't think the Seahawks have a shot at the division now since the Niners won another game and stayed 2 games above them at 10-3. So even if the Niners lost to New england and Seattle, they will still be at 10-5-1 with a home game against the cards the final week of the season. So I think the niners needed to lose today for the seahawks to have a chance because they will probably need to win in Buffalo to have a shot. But we know they will have the wildcard as a fall back
Seattle is 8-5 ...... SF is 9-3-1

If Seattle wins at buffalo and sf loses at ne then they would be tied for wins, but sf would have the better percentage

That would setup a huge game in Seattle .... Sf could clinch or Seattle could win and control their own destiny going into the rams game

Longshot, but possible

Seattle did move into the 5 seed though and Chicago may be in trouble

Old 12-09-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Seattle is 8-5 ...... SF is 9-3-1

If Seattle wins at buffalo and sf loses at ne then they would be tied for wins, but sf would have the better percentage

That would setup a huge game in Seattle .... Sf could clinch or Seattle could win and control their own destiny going into the rams game

Longshot, but possible

Seattle did move into the 5 seed though and Chicago may be in trouble

I have the Seahawks losing that game in Buffalo and winning the last 2 games to finish 10-6.

But if they somehow win in Buffalo then I think they will win the division

Seahawks-11-5

Niners-10-5-1

Old 12-10-2012, 01:00 AM

6,839 posts, read 7,899,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I have the Seahawks losing that game in Buffalo and winning the last 2 games to finish 10-6.

But if they somehow win in Buffalo then I think they will win the division
I believe that game is being played in Toronto. Not sure if this will help the Seahawks or hurt them. Since Buffalo is sucking at home this year, the game being played in Canada may be a boost for the Bills.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I believe that game is being played in Toronto. Not sure if this will help the Seahawks or hurt them. Since Buffalo is sucking at home this year, the game being played in Canada may be a boost for the Bills.

Oh so that game is not in frosty Buffalo? Well in that case I may pick the Seahawks to win then. I was leaning toward the Bills because of the weather in Buffalo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or