Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 07:42 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times

Advertisements

What about Defensive Rookie of the Year?

I have Bobby Wagner, Luke Kuechly, Janoris Jenkins, and Chandler Jones fighting for this award.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 07:56 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,105,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
What about Defensive Rookie of the Year?

I have Bobby Wagner, Luke Kuechly, Janoris Jenkins, and Chandler Jones fighting for this award.
I really like Luke Kuechly. he's been solid for Carolina all year, and he leads the NFL in tackles. He also has an interception and 3 fumble recoveries. The guy is a ball hawk and he's all over the place.

Even though Carolina's defense is kinda middle-of-the-pack, Luke has been ballin' all year.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:04 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,797,919 times
AP continues to impress. He could very well break the rushing record. Considering he is coming off a major knee injury, that's damn impressive. He easily could very well win both the MVP and comeback player of the year.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:17 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,031,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
AP continues to impress. He could very well break the rushing record. Considering he is coming off a major knee injury, that's damn impressive. He easily could very well win both the MVP and comeback player of the year.
49 carries at 6 ypc will get him the 294 that he needs to pass Dickerson, he's averaging 6.3 for the year and 7.5 over his last 8 games.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:19 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,529 times
MVP: Adrian Peterson.

Comeback player: Peyton Manning (AP gets MVP, Manning gets comeback..)

Coach of the Year: Shanny, i would say Carroll but his is a JERKWEED!

Rookie of the Year: Russell Wilson (missing time and games is gonna hurt RGIII in this vote).

Old 12-18-2012, 07:18 AM

mco, i agree that MVP should be AP as well. So many folks play the "but only a QB can be MVP" card, which is total crap in my opinon. The Minnesota Vikings ARE Adrian Peterson.

comebakc player definitely Peyton

coach of the year I'd say Carol

Rookie of the year either goes to Wilson or RG3. Griffin did miss a game last week, but if he plays the final two games and the Redskins win the NFC East on a 7-game winning streak, there's no way he doesn't get it.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:22 AM

2,222 posts, read 3,599,036 times
Aaron Rodgers also has a strong case for MVP. Currently leads the league in passer rating, and has lead his team to a division title in a tight race despite a shaky defense and no running game.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
Aaron Rodgers also has a strong case for MVP. Currently leads the league in passer rating, and has lead his team to a division title in a tight race despite a shaky defense and no running game.
and a fluke loss to Seattle. Thanks, replacement refs.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:17 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times
I definitely think Adrian Peterson is the most deserving candidate for MVP. AP has a rookie running behind an O-line that is not anything special, the rest of the offense won't scare anymore, and has Ponder who wont impress anyone. I'd also give him comeback player of the year, even over Peyton.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:38 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,797,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I definitely think Adrian Peterson is the most deserving candidate for MVP. AP has a rookie running behind an O-line that is not anything special, the rest of the offense won't scare anymore, and has Ponder who wont impress anyone. I'd also give him comeback player of the year, even over Peyton.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, AP deserves the comeback player award. What he has done after a major knee injury is simply amazing. He is pretty much carrying the Vikings this season. If he breaks the record, hard to argue against what he has done this season. Aside from having a big lead in terms of yards, he also has a healthy lead in YPC over the next 5 or 6 backs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football