U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Status: "Beach time!" (set 28 days ago)
 
Location: Fredericksburg/Virginia Beach, VA
10,701 posts, read 11,105,431 times
Reputation: 14072

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post

Now the monday night game this week has two AFC teams that I don't think no NFL fan outside of NYC and Tennesse will be watching.........Jets vs Titans
No joke. Who is responsible for that matchup? I get what you are saying about division interests. Early in the season I generally watch the other AFC West teams as much as possible. This year they really faded away fast though, so now I follow the games that have the most relevance on the playoff picture, or more specifically on the Broncos.

When you can, get Sunday ticket. It is awesome to be able to watch your team regardless of where you live. I live in VA right now and am a huge Broncos fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-15-2012, 06:16 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,353,052 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
No joke. Who is responsible for that matchup? I get what you are saying about division interests. Early in the season I generally watch the other AFC West teams as much as possible. This year they really faded away fast though, so now I follow the games that have the most relevance on the playoff picture, or more specifically on the Broncos.

When you can, get Sunday ticket. It is awesome to be able to watch your team regardless of where you live. I live in VA right now and am a huge Broncos fan.

I know it's a wonderful viewing experience and can't wait to experience it one day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 06:23 PM
 
Location: NJ
17,579 posts, read 39,805,910 times
Reputation: 16147
I had Sunday ticket about 5 years ago. Honestly I don't miss it that much. Now if I didn't have redzone channel that might be different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 06:45 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,353,052 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I had Sunday ticket about 5 years ago. Honestly I don't miss it that much. Now if I didn't have redzone channel that might be different.

Redzone has decreased the appeal of the Sunday Ticket a little
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 07:39 PM
 
Location: NJ
17,579 posts, read 39,805,910 times
Reputation: 16147
I believe the current deal with Direct TV is over after the 2014 season. It would be awesome if the NFL made it available to cable companies after that. I can't imagine why they didn't do it last time they extended with DTV. Surely they can make more money by offering it to more companies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 07:42 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,353,052 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I believe the current deal with Direct TV is over after the 2014 season. It would be awesome if the NFL made it available to cable companies after that. I can't imagine why they didn't do it last time they extended with DTV. Surely they can make more money by offering it to more companies.

Yeah kind of like how the NBA League Pass is with cable companies not just connected to one satellite provider
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 07:47 PM
 
Location: NJ
17,579 posts, read 39,805,910 times
Reputation: 16147
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Yeah kind of like how the NBA League Pass is with cable companies not just connected to one satellite provider
I believe all the major sports are with cable companies. They did open up the Sunday ticket to the Playstation 3 this year. I think it was $300.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 07:51 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,353,052 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I believe all the major sports are with cable companies. They did open up the Sunday ticket to the Playstation 3 this year. I think it was $300.

I hope divided by 4 months of the season to make it $70 a month lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2012, 09:50 PM
 
Location: NJ
17,579 posts, read 39,805,910 times
Reputation: 16147
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I hope divided by 4 months of the season to make it $70 a month lol
Actually no. I believe this year it was all due at once for the PS3.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top