U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 09:12 AM
JJG

13,257 posts, read 19,305,993 times

Advertisements

NO 16 team plays.
NO 18 game seasons.
NO team in England.
NO more "witch huts"
And NO more of these boring, generic, repetitive Super Bowl logos.

And if he keeps this up.... NO MORE GOODELL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 09:44 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,093,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
NO 16 team plays.
NO 18 game seasons.
NO team in England.
NO more "witch huts"

But according to Goodell, all the fans want this. We keep clamoring for it. Just as long as you take his word for it. A good commissioner is seen, and not heard, but he's trying very very hard to be both. I would take Gary Bettman over him

Old 12-13-2012, 09:51 AM

5,763 posts, read 9,792,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
NO 16 team plays.
NO 18 game seasons.
NO team in England.
NO more "witch huts"

I love how people think that these are all Goodell's ideas and that he has the power to do any of these things by himself.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:02 AM

23,768 posts, read 33,699,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I love how people think that these are all Goodell's ideas and that he has the power to do any of these things by himself.
The problem is that these ideas have either initially or repetitively come out of Goodell's mouth. So naturally fans are going to leave him holding the bag on these ideas. It is about visibility.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:37 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,630,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
The problem is that these ideas have either initially or repetitively come out of Goodell's mouth. So naturally fans are going to leave him holding the bag on these ideas. It is about visibility.
This is how I feel as well. Sure, these ideas have been floating around for a while, but Goodell is pushing to get a lot of this stuff impleneted. I know the league only cares about money and nothing else, and these changes would probably generate more revenue. But i really hope none of it happens.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:44 AM
JJG

13,257 posts, read 19,305,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
What do you expect when its HIS face that keeps popping up when these ideas show and HE'S the main one pushing it?

Old 12-13-2012, 10:44 AM

2,366 posts, read 2,148,307 times
Expanding the teams to 16 destroys the prestige of the playoffs. You see in the NBA where -.500 teams advance in the post-season and get swept without putting up a fight. If a team wants a guaranteed spot, win the division. They are called wild card spots for a reason.

The only reason Roger Goodell is taking heat is because he's the one opening his mouth pushing for these ideas. Don't talk about the safety of the players and then make teams play two games in four days for a uninteresting Thursday Night Football match up.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:02 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,667,892 times
so in 10 years we have will have

1. 16 teams in the playoffs
2. Wednesday Football
3. Tuesday Night Football
4. Friday Night Football
5. Roger Goddell Show on NFL Network

Old 12-13-2012, 11:05 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,630,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post

2. Wednesday Football
4. Friday Night Football
hahahahaa

God damn I hate Roger.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:31 AM

2,379 posts, read 3,077,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
But according to Goodell, all the fans want this. We keep clamoring for it. Just as long as you take his word for it. A good commissioner is seen, and not heard, but he's trying very very hard to be both. I would take Gary Bettman over him
as a lifelong player and watcher of hockey, NO you wouldn't.

Roger Badell is bad, but he ain't that bad, ask any hockey fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post

2. Wednesday Football
4. Friday Night Football

there should be a Saturday night game, all season, some will complain about college but college is on literally every night b/t Tuesday and Saturday. Nobody complains about college football on Friday nights infringing on HS football,

from 11:00am till midnight on a typical Saturday during the college season there are multiple games on. I have the opportunity to watch literally 25 different college games on SAturday, put an NFL game on Sat. afternoon/night, maybe switch with a big-time college game and let the fans watch more NFL games.

I agree the thursday night game is stupid, but a Saturday game is just one day different.

the NFL is by far the most popular league and the access to it is pretty small with so many concurrent games being played.

if you don't want one all season how about the now when for a whole month there's no college football. there really should be a Saturday night game during december when nothing else is going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or