U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-30-2012, 02:06 PM
 
10,829 posts, read 14,889,843 times
Reputation: 5095

Advertisements

What did we learn today.
Atlanta can lose at home.
Houston may not go too far in the playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-30-2012, 02:07 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,551 posts, read 15,494,856 times
Reputation: 11431
Houston is undeserving of the top spot. Rematch of the Bengals from last year's playoffs is looming unless Broncos or Pats lose. Not good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2012, 02:17 PM
 
Location: Fredericksburg/Virginia Beach, VA
10,706 posts, read 11,116,348 times
Reputation: 14112
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Houston is undeserving of the top spot. Rematch of the Bengals from last year's playoffs is looming unless Broncos or Pats lose. Not good.
The Bengals are a pretty capable team, too. But I have seen plenty of teams back into the playoffs and emerge swinging when it mattered. The 2001 Raiders went out on a 3 game skid and beat the Jets in the Wild Card Round. The Broncos lost three in a row last year and beat the Steelers. The Saints lost three in a row in 2009 and won the Super Bowl. So Houston can regroup. There is no reason why they cannot beat the Bengals, but they need to get their act together or they are going to get upset at home.

Bengals beat the Ravens, so those teams both finish 10-6, though they also remain in the #4 and #6 seeds respectively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2012, 02:20 PM
 
Location: Fredericksburg/Virginia Beach, VA
10,706 posts, read 11,116,348 times
Reputation: 14112
With the Broncos and the Patriots the only remaining AFC playoff teams still to play today, the picture looks like this:

Denver Broncos: 12-3
Houston Texans: 12-4
New England Patriots: 11-4
Baltimore Ravens: 10-6
Indianapolis Colts: 11-5
Cincinnati Bengals: 10-6

The Broncos need to win to hang onto that #1 seed. With a loss and a Patriots win, the Broncos slide to #3. The Patriots move up to #2 with a win, or #1 with a win and a Broncos loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2012, 02:22 PM
 
Location: Vineland, NJ
8,483 posts, read 10,486,078 times
Reputation: 5401
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
With the Broncos and the Patriots the only remaining AFC playoff teams still to play today, the picture looks like this:

Denver Broncos: 12-3
Houston Texans: 12-4
New England Patriots: 11-4
Baltimore Ravens: 10-6
Indianapolis Colts: 11-5
Cincinnati Bengals: 10-6

The Broncos need to win to hang onto that #1 seed. With a loss and a Patriots win, the Broncos slide to #3. The Patriots move up to #2 with a win, or #1 with a win and a Broncos loss.
Wouldn't surprise me if the Texans lost in the first round of the playoffs. They are falling fast and haven't played well over the past couple of games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2012, 03:04 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,551 posts, read 15,494,856 times
Reputation: 11431
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
The Bengals are a pretty capable team, too. But I have seen plenty of teams back into the playoffs and emerge swinging when it mattered. The 2001 Raiders went out on a 3 game skid and beat the Jets in the Wild Card Round. The Broncos lost three in a row last year and beat the Steelers. The Saints lost three in a row in 2009 and won the Super Bowl. So Houston can regroup. There is no reason why they cannot beat the Bengals, but they need to get their act together or they are going to get upset at home.

Bengals beat the Ravens, so those teams both finish 10-6, though they also remain in the #4 and #6 seeds respectively.
The history for Houston taking it to the next level with their performance is suspect at best right now. I don't think it has happened to this point.

This is Schaub's first rodeo being under the bright lights of the top tier. They cruised along - but when big games are at hand, his performance has been mediocre. TJ Yates may be younger, but he seemed to handle the pressure better to this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2012, 03:14 PM
 
Location: Fredericksburg/Virginia Beach, VA
10,706 posts, read 11,116,348 times
Reputation: 14112
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This is Schaub's first rodeo being under the bright lights of the top tier.
A valid point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2012, 03:14 PM
 
Location: Howard County, MD
2,223 posts, read 3,001,024 times
Reputation: 3365
I think they'll beat Cincy, but no way they go to Denver or Foxboro and win playing like they have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2012, 03:56 PM
 
Location: Fredericksburg/Virginia Beach, VA
10,706 posts, read 11,116,348 times
Reputation: 14112
With the Broncos up 21-3 and the Patriots up 21-0, it's looking like the Texans will host the Bengals in Wild Card Weekend and the Broncos and Patriots will be the #1 and #2 seeds respectively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2012, 05:06 PM
 
Location: Southern Willamette Valley, Oregon
6,847 posts, read 7,908,483 times
Reputation: 12696
Hats off to the Colts! They played with much heart. The Pats and Broncos need to send Indy Thank You cards.

As far as the Texans go, what a massive late season let down. Indy played great, but where was the defense? And that special teams touchdown they gave up was totally unacceptable. I'm not very convinced they will even be able to beat Cinci next week. Their effort today (and in the last three games) was embarrassing.

Baltimore did the right thing and took Flacco out early. The way Indy is playing, they will need all the luck they can get next week.

As of now, the Pats look like they'll take the #2 seed, and the Broncos look like the #1 seed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top