U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2012, 06:14 PM

11,012 posts, read 15,386,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
I think they'll beat Cincy, but no way they go to Denver or Foxboro and win playing like they have.
I agree. Cincy on the road is a question mark.
It's not playoff related but we learned today that Sanchez is not the answer for the Jets. Another weak offensive showing.

Nobody will want to play at New England or at Denver.
Houston and Indy are indoor teams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 06:25 PM

10,915 posts, read 11,459,664 times
And it's final. The AFC playoffs are set at:

1. Denver Broncos: 13-3
2. New England Patriots: 12-4
3. Houston Texans: 12-4
4. Baltimore Ravens: 10-6
5. Indianapolis Colts: 11-5
6. Cincinnati Bengals: 10-6

It's hard to predict playoff games, but I think the Texans rebound enough to hold off the Bengals and the Colts continue to ride the wave to a win over the Ravens.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:47 PM

18,509 posts, read 28,705,000 times
There goes Houston a chances of going anywhere in the playoffs

Old 12-30-2012, 07:57 PM

3,750 posts, read 3,996,982 times
Don't be so quick to write Houston off. The Giants and Packers have both done serious damage in the playoffs despite not having home field in the last couple of years. Houston are a very dangerous team and can easily win on the road. I will say I am surprised they lost their last 2 games.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Don't be so quick to write Houston off. The Giants and Packers have both done serious damage in the playoffs despite not having home field in the last couple of years. Houston are a very dangerous team and can easily win on the road. I will say I am surprised they lost their last 2 games.
They are not playing like they used to. They are not going anywhere.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:05 PM

10,915 posts, read 11,459,664 times
Quote:
I agree. I won't write off any playoff team at this point. Every team out there has some strengths and weaknesses. The Texans still have some impressive offensive talent and they can play defense as well. They get the Bengals in the first round, another team I wouldn't write off. I'm sure that a 1-3 record the last 4 games will have the Texans renewing their focus before they kick off the playoffs. The playoffs are an interesting animal. Last year the Broncos ended the season on a 3 game skid, barely holding on to an 8-8 record and making the playoffs only because of tie breakers. Then they went out and beat a 12-4 Steelers team. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I agree. I won't write off any playoff team at this point. Every team out there has some strengths and weaknesses. The Texans still have some impressive offensive talent and they can play defense as well. They get the Bengals in the first round, another team I wouldn't write off. I'm sure that a 1-3 record the last 4 games will have the Texans renewing their focus before they kick off the playoffs. The playoffs are an interesting animal. Last year the Broncos ended the season on a 3 game skid, barely holding on to an 8-8 record and making the playoffs only because of tie breakers. Then they went out and beat a 12-4 Steelers team. Anything can happen in the playoffs.
The Texans HAD a defense. And they won't learn crap from their there losses. They could not full in the gaps after the patriots loss. The offense was non existent against the Vikings and Schaub showed once again that he is not star material in this final game.

My money is on the Bengals. They won't let a half with Texans team best them two years in a row in the wild card round.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:34 PM

5,013 posts, read 6,586,778 times
Wild Card Weekend AFC picks:

Houston and Baltimore

Old 12-31-2012, 01:30 AM

7,070 posts, read 4,770,473 times
Quote:

Their not beating the Patriots in Foxboro, and I'm not even sure they can beat the Bengals with the way their playing now. It all started so well and it all went to $#!t after that beating they took in Foxboro that Monday night in week 14.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:56 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,571,080 times
Quote:
I wouldn't write them off, but now they more than likely have to play @NE and @Denver to get to the big game. I don't like their chances of getting through those two games. While there are plenty of examples of the bye week not mattering, I really think it's huge this year. I think Houston win next week though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or