U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 05:02 PM

10,674 posts, read 11,078,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Even though the Ravens defense played great, Flacco had some big passing plays down the field that broke the game wide open. Overall he was threw for 282 yds and had 2 TD passes which is a pretty good day for a NFL QB in a playoff game.
The Colts were ranked 21st against the pass in the regular season. Not the worst team but in the bottom third of the league.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 07:51 PM

This weekend is rematch weekend in the AFC Divisional round. The Patriots hammered the Texans and the Broncos had their way with the Ravens. Does anyone see a revenge game for either the Texans or the Ravens? I personally do not.

I think the Broncos will be able handle the Ravens again. Their defense is the biggest reason why I believe this. Their defense shut down the Ravens on the road. Sure, that was Caldwell's first week calling plays and now he's had a few games to ease into his role. They have made Ray Rice a bigger part of their offensive game play again, too. That is how the Ravens got off to such a solid start early in the season. But the Broncos went into Baltimore and made the Ravens offense look absolutely hapless. It'll be harder for the Ravens offense to work with the crowd noise in Denver.

Meanwhile the Patriots are a much more established playoff team than the Texans. From the coach through the equipment manager, the Patriots know how to win in the playoffs while the Texans as a group are on just their fourth playoff game in franchise history. And in the last few weeks of the season they have not looked like a team that could keep it going much longer. Especially against the league's best offense. I just don't see the Texans keeping up in this one.

So if I had to pick it, I'd say that the Broncos will host the Patriots in the AFCCG. But I've been wrong before, so we'll see. I can't wait for Saturday.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:28 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,541,988 times
I'm with you there. Ray Lewis gave the Ravens a boost but I don't think enough to beat the Broncos with Peyton at the helm. Broncos have this.

Texans are getting there, but I don't think this is their year. If they get in a battle with Brady, Pats stop Foster, they can't do it. Being balanced is good, Pats/Pack realize it, they've made adjustments but teams relying more on RBs, cannot keep up if they can't score. I'm over simplifying it, but is what it comes down to in a nutshell.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:18 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,276,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I'm with you there. Ray Lewis gave the Ravens a boost but I don't think enough to beat the Broncos with Peyton at the helm. Broncos have this.

Texans are getting there, but I don't think this is their year. If they get in a battle with Brady, Pats stop Foster, they can't do it. Being balanced is good, Pats/Pack realize it, they've made adjustments but teams relying more on RBs, cannot keep up if they can't score. I'm over simplifying it, but is what it comes down to in a nutshell.

The Texans have a star running back, a star defensive lineman, and a below average QB which is why they will not go beyond the 2nd round. No team wins in the NFL when the QB is not mobile and needs a lot of time to throw passes. You have to be able to run a little as a QB and not just throw the ball out of bounds or get sacked when there is defensive pressure.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:08 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,541,988 times
Their RB isn't AP, Foster had under 30 yds when they played the Packers and JJ Watt didn't do much. As the season goes on, the tapes tell the stories on star players and eventually teams get it. Some are slow learners but they will figure out the so called "blueprint"! I don't think the Texans are a one hit wonder, they will be up there next year, too.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:59 AM

Game day morning is finally here! I wonder what I am going to do with myself all day while waiting for the Broncos game to begin. I was going to take my mother in law up to Washington so she would be able to see all the sights, but the weather forecast of 70 and sunny proved to be woefully off. It's high 40s and wet right now, so no National Mall to help me pass the time away.

Go Broncos!

Old 01-12-2013, 10:50 AM
FBJ

If the Ravens get the Good Flacco today they may have a shot in Denver. But I still have to go with the Broncos since Manning is the better QB along with the Broncos defense which should make it tough for the Ravens.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
If the Ravens get the Good Flacco today they may have a shot in Denver. But I still have to go with the Broncos since Manning is the better QB along with the Broncos defense which should make it tough for the Ravens.
The Ravens have a shot, regardless. This is the NFL and that roster is full of players who have been doing at the highest level for a long time. I am not just talking about Ray Lewis, either. They are a good team and while I am confident in the Broncos, I NEVER count out any team. I've followed the league too long for that. The Ravens can come into Denver and win this game. But the Broncos will not go down easily and I believe that in the end they are the all around better team. If both teams show up with their A games, the Broncos win, because if the Broncos show up with their A game, they beat ANY team in the league.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:14 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
The Ravens have a shot, regardless. This is the NFL and that roster is full of players who have been doing at the highest level for a long time. I am not just talking about Ray Lewis, either. They are a good team and while I am confident in the Broncos, I NEVER count out any team. I've followed the league too long for that. The Ravens can come into Denver and win this game. But the Broncos will not go down easily and I believe that in the end they are the all around better team. If both teams show up with their A games, the Broncos win, because if the Broncos show up with their A game, they beat ANY team in the league.

I know they have a shot but most teams in the NFL have a inconsistent QB who looks good one week and like crap the next week. Joe Flacco can be very good sometimes and then there are those other times where he just looks like a CFL QB. But Peyton Manning always is consistent and that's why I would go with the Bronocs in this game. Now I could be shocked in a hour and the Ravens may come and look like world beaters.

BTW: I thought the game started at 4pm and put my food in the oven too early LOL

Old 01-12-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
I know they have a shot but most teams in the NFL have a inconsistent QB who looks good one week and like crap the next week. Joe Flacco can be very good sometimes and then there are those other times where he just looks like a CFL QB. But Peyton Manning always is consistent and that's why I would go with the Bronocs in this game. Now I could be shocked in a hour and the Ravens may come and look like world beaters.

BTW: I thought the game started at 4pm and put my food in the oven too early LOL
I am a die hard Broncos fan and am trying to look at the game as objectively as I can, hence I won't count out the Ravens. Keep that food warm, it's a cold day in Denver right now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or