U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 08:30 AM

18,509 posts, read 28,233,017 times

Advertisements

If sf doesn't pound the pats Houston might not get a bye at all.

It is unlikely that the Texans will beat the colts in both games while the pats season after the 49ers is a cake walk.
Broncos also have a very favorable schedule.

All three of Houston last games are against playoff contenders. If the pats win it is most likely that the pats and Broncos will get the byes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 10:04 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,446,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
That was the same year that the Colts and Pats played each other in the AFCCG and the Colts actually won. That game was a good show. That season the Colts defense just sort of clicked at the right moment. They were statistically not very good during the regular season and turned it one when they reached the post-season.

This year's Colts defense has been statistically bad, too but the team has somehow managed to reach a mark of 9-4 and as I said earlier they are in the running for a first round bye if they win today. I think that what is more likely is that they drop this game today, and win next week. If the Texans have locked up the #1 seed by that final week, I'll give the Colts a strong chance to reach 11-5, but if Houston needs a win to hold that #1 seed then the Colts will finish 10-6. Not bad considering they are led by a rookie who inherited a 2-14 outfit as well as having their HC sidelined due to health reasons.

I remember thinking......."Manning has no shot in Baltimore against that defense"

Old 12-16-2012, 10:05 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
If sf doesn't pound the pats Houston might not get a bye at all.

It is unlikely that the Texans will beat the colts in both games while the pats season after the 49ers is a cake walk.
Broncos also have a very favorable schedule.

All three of Houston last games are against playoff contenders. If the pats win it is most likely that the pats and Broncos will get the byes.

I still believe the Pats and Texans will get a 1st round bye

Old 12-16-2012, 12:33 PM

10,719 posts, read 11,137,480 times
At halftime the Broncos lead the Ravens 17-0 while the Texans are up 20-10 over the Colts as that game nears the break.

The Broncos are dominating the Ravens, but the Ravens were about to make it a close game. That is, until Chris Harris took a Flacco pass 98 yards to the opposite end zone. Just as the Ravens get some offense going the Broncos defense dials up a pick-6. Great game so far. Unless you are a Ravens fan.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:36 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
At halftime the Broncos lead the Ravens 17-0 while the Texans are up 20-10 over the Colts as that game nears the break.

The Broncos are dominating the Ravens, but the Ravens were about to make it a close game. That is, until Chris Harris took a Flacco pass 98 yards to the opposite end zone. Just as the Ravens get some offense going the Broncos defense dials up a pick-6. Great game so far. Unless you are a Ravens fan.

I know that shocked the hell out of me when he intercepted that ball and took it 99 yards the other way lol

Old 12-16-2012, 01:00 PM

2,716 posts, read 2,619,692 times
Ravens will be lucky to get a wildcard with the way they are playing. 3 straight weeks they could have locked up the division or clinched a playoff spot, 3 straight terrible games.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:04 PM

10,719 posts, read 11,137,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Ravens will be lucky to get a wildcard with the way they are playing. 3 straight weeks they could have locked up the division or clinched a playoff spot.
Yeah, that's true. They'll be 9-5 with the Bengals at 8-6 and the Steelers possibly at 8-6 too. That is a good division. Even the Browns are playing solid football the past few weeks.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:04 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Ravens will be lucky to get a wildcard with the way they are playing. 3 straight weeks they could have locked up the division or clinched a playoff spot, 3 straight terrible games.

Their last 2 games is the Giants and Bengals which means they will finish 10-6

Old 12-16-2012, 01:12 PM

16,535 posts, read 21,023,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I remember thinking......."Manning has no shot in Baltimore against that defense"
Right now the Broncos are laying the wood to Baltimore. 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, Broncos up 31-3. I wonder what Cam Cameron is thinking right now.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:15 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Right now the Broncos are laying the wood to Baltimore. 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, Broncos up 31-3. I wonder what Cam Cameron is thinking right now.

I know that Flacco will catch all the heat tonight from the baltimore sports media and fans after the way he played today. And Cam Cameron is probably home laughing at the fact that the offense still is struggling with a new OC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or